Who would be in your PP USA Hall Of Fame?

Weird, I was just thinking of making a thread like this o_O
I could not possibly pick one from each year!

III - Gammaray, Edguy, Pain Of Salvation, Threshold
IV - Evergrey, Mercenary, RAGE, Vanden Plas
V - Brainstorm, Tad Morose, Dreamscape, Adagio
VI - Therion, Orphaned Land, Symphorce, Manticora

Great idea for a topic. :)

ProgPower Europe I: Superior, Lemur Voice, Pain of Salvation, Mayadome (and a special "wow, who WAS that?!" for Evergrey :))

ProgPower USA I: Symphony X, Evergrey, Zero Hour....but Pain of Salvation slayed 'em all. Still one of the best 5 live performances I've ever witnessed, and not even the band can explain why. :)

ProgPower USA II: Superior, Spiral Architect, Balance of Power

ProgPower USA III: Edguy, Angra, Devin Townsend Band; honorable mention to Threshold, who improved solidly on their disappointing set at PPEurope I.

ProgPower USA IV: Nightwish (!), Mercenary, Redemption and Evergrey

ProgPower USA V: Pain of Salvation, Dreamscape, Adagio

ProgPower USA VI: Therion (!), Orphaned Land (!!), Conception, Circus Maximus

Great Thread!

III - Blind Guardian, Angra, Edguy
IV - Mercenary, Evergrey, Nightwish
V - Tad Morose, Pain of Salvation, Kamelot
VI - Circus Maximus, Orphaned Land, Angra

Andy Laudano said:
Of the festivals I've been to I'd nominate ...
Prog Power V
---------------
Edguy - I missed PPIII (first found out about the fest the week after it was over) so this was my big chance to see one of my favorite bands and they didn't dissappiont. Special guest appearances by Timo Kotipelto and Rob Rock only made it more special.

Technically :p

Evergrey at PPIV. Just a mammoth set of music that never seemed to stop. The most intimate and passionate set at any PP, IMO.

Tom and the guys were about to collapse from fatigue before they even got on the stage (I think they played in Colorado the night before), and how they were able to still play with all that emotion and precision for as long as they did is beyond me. :worship:

And of course, Conception.

The Fiddler said:
Evergrey at PPIV. Just a mammoth set of music that never seemed to stop. The most intimate and passionate set at any PP, IMO.

Tom and the guys were about to collapse from fatigue before they even got on the stage (I think they played in Colorado the night before), and how they were able to still play with all that emotion and precision for as long as they did is beyond me. :worship:

Good point. I'd seen Evergrey several times before that, including the infamous "long hair + hair swirling + low celing" show at PPUSA 1 :Spin: , but they really went over the top with me at PPUSA4. Just a great show.

Well, I can't answer from I through IV, but for V and VI:

V - Without a doubt Tad Morose, Brainstorm (Andy won me over that night), WMD (I love Savatage and Jon Oliva's Pain)
VI - Angra (for me anyway), Circus Maximus, and Therion (I'm not a fan, but those guys just tore it up live)

Shows that I'm kicking myself for not being able to see:

Pagan's Mind, Symphony X, Edguy at PPIII, Nightwish, Balance of Power (complete with Mr. King), Jag Panzer, and Redemption :erk:

Oh gosh. This is hard. For me, it's a toss up between Evergrey at PPII and Edguy at PPIII.

Also:

II ...Evergrey, Angel Dust
III ...Edguy
IV ...Nightwish, Symphony X (I'll never forget this one!)
V ...Kamelot, Pain of Salvation
VI ...Conception, Angra

II ANGEL DUST, Ark, Evergrey, Symphony X
III Angra, Edguy, Silent Force
IV EVERGREY, Vanden Plas, Circle II Circle, Pagan's Mind
V WOMD, BRAINSTORM, TAD MOROSE
VI CONCEPTION, THERION, SYMPHORCE, Stratovarius

Definitely not Angra nor Stratovarius. Walked out on both. All they were doing was crawling scales as fast as they could. And Strato's intro... god.. I wanted to rip my hair out.

Conception was great. I really think its some of Roy Khan's best vocal work. Orphaned Land was awesome, and so was Therion. Therion gets my nod as best of last PP.

Cheiron said:
Definitely not Angra nor Stratovarius. Walked out on both. All they were doing was crawling scales as fast as they could. And Strato's intro... god.. I wanted to rip my hair out.

Conception was great. I really think its some of Roy Khan's best vocal work. Orphaned Land was awesome, and so was Therion. Therion gets my nod as best of last PP.

Wow, 100% agreed with everyting you said - except that I wasted my opportunity to see Therion, to my everlasting regret.

Angra at PPIII, however, were outstanding.

I guess my list would be something like this:

PPIII - Edguy, Angra
PPV - Tad Morose
PPVI - Orphaned Land, Conception, Circus Maximus

PPV

Tad Morose: Became a fan that day
Edguy: Everything everyone told me was true, and then some

PPVI

Orphaned Land: I can only describe it as "wow"
Therion: IMO they set a PP standard for years to come

PPI: Symphony X, Pain Of Salvation
PPII: Ark, Kamelot
PPIII: Pain Of Salvation, Angra
PPIV: Vanden Plas, Circle II Circle
PPV: Tad Morose, Brainstorm, Pain Of Salvation (had to go with three that year!)
PPVI: Conception, Symphorce

Stay metal. Never rust.
Met-Al

I have been to the last two Progpowers. Kamelot is my favorite band out of all the bands that have played but THERION blew me away with their performance. I have to say they were the best of the two years with Kamelot, Pain of Salvation,Symphorce after them.