Your Favorite Band Of PPUSA IX Weekend?

Well, damnit....go start some new threads.
Thread 1: Wed and Friday night
Thread 2: Thursday and Saturday
Thread 3: Friday vs Thursday
Thread 4: Saturday; Last three bands vs Friday; First three bands.

and so on......
;)

I'm not sure I understand... can you make a Venn diagram? :lol:

Jon Oliva's Pain was the best band of the entire event for me.

Jon Oliva's Pain was the best for me, but I am biased - being a huge fanboy as well as a sponsor and seeing it from the photo pit. Gamma Ray was great, Iced Earth, Iron Savior, (yes I like the power a bit more than the prog), Mustach ranks very highly and any time I can see CIIC I am a happy puppy. JOP definitely was THE ONE for me this year. Some years I have a hard time picking an absolute favorite - no such problem this year.

jeff in co

1. Riverside
2. Iron Savior
3. Spheric Universe Experience
4. Gamma Ray
5. Iced Earth
6. Pathosray
7. Saint Deamon
8. Rob Rock
9. Mustasch
10. Andromeda
11. Helloween
12. Jon Oliva's Pain
13. Manticora
14. Elvenking
15. Amorphis

Didn't see any of Wed night, so I can't apply those...

This thread is different in that it combines Thursday-Saturday all in one thread.:cool::lol:

Oh, okay .. I'll play.

I think I watched almost the entire set of each of these bands. Here's how I'd rank them. The other ones I didn't see enough to really rank although Midnight would be in last place because it was a major train wreck.

#1 Amorphis
#2 Riverside
#3 Mustashe
#4 Helloween
#5 Gamma Ray
#6 Iced Earth
#7 Pathosray
#8 Saint Deamon
#9 Iron Savior
#10 Elvenking

Britt

Don't we already have several variations on this theme?

yeah, but 7thSavior isn't happy unless he has no less than 7 simultaneous threads going at once. ;) :p

LOL.

oh, and since I only saw one band's entire set, I'll of course be biased and say Jon Oliva's Pain was the band that blew me away. But I expected no less :Smug: even with the sound issues.

Some folks have mentioned Matt LaPorte channeling Criss Oliva... damn straight he was! And how can you not be an animal without breaking the snare on the first song like Kinder did? :zombie: LOL. And Zahner really surprised me - he's so laid back, quiet, and calm off stage that he really shocked me when he was playing the keyboards, banging his head, and screaming at the crowd for their energy. WoW! Just... WoW! The rhythm section was simply badass as well.

And what's there to say about the Mountain King that has not already been said? The man is a master who walks that fine line between insanity and genius. All the detractors can kiss my ass. Jon Oliva is the epitome of a front man, a showman, and a ringmaster all rolled into one.

:worship:

Oh, okay .. I'll play.

I think I watched almost the entire set of each of these bands. Here's how I'd rank them. The other ones I didn't see enough to really rank although Midnight would be in last place because it was a major train wreck.

#1 Amorphis
#2 Riverside
#3 Mustashe
#4 Helloween
#5 Gamma Ray
#6 Iced Earth
#7 Pathosray
#8 Saint Deamon
#9 Iron Savior
#10 Elvenking

Britt

You've got mad skills Britt... Someone else who can listen to Riverside and Amorphis back to back (completely different bands) and understand how they were clearly the class of the fest!

#1 Gamma Ray
#2 JOP
#3 Rob Rock
#4 Jon doing Stormrider perfectly (yes, this is an act in and of itself)
#5 Iron Savior
#6 Iced Earth
#7 EBS ... Sirens, omg

#8-#however-many are whatever