How I rank the crowd response at the end of the set

Cheiron

Jan 11, 2006
**didn't see IE or Rob Rock's, and couldn't see Andromeda's but going off what I heard from others**

1. JOP
2. Riverside (first standing ovation of the fest)
3. Mustasch
4. Elvenking
5. Saint Deamon
6. Iron Savior
7. Spheric Universe Experience
8. Pathosray
9. Andromeda (which surprises me as I thought they'd go over really well)
10. Amorphis

**didn't see IE or Rob Rock's, and couldn't see Andromeda's but going off what I heard from others**

1. JOP
2. Riverside (first standing ovation of the fest)
3. Mustasch

The crowd response to Mustasch was great but it was disappointing seeing just how much less of a crowd was on the floor compared to Rob Rock. It filled in a little but they definitely seemed to be a band some people didn't even bother giving a chance to. I have no problem saying Volbeat canceling was a huge bummer for me and I didn't take to Mustasch's albums but they were phenomenal live.

Andromeda slayed. The guitar glitch at the end of their set probably dampened the crowd response.
Riverside was one of the tightest sets I have witnessed.
JOP had the best response.:headbang:

Riverside was one of the tightest sets I have witnessed.

Agreed. They were flawless all 4 times I saw them. And also I had never seen the ProgPower crowd give a standing ovation after a set other than Riverside. I may be wrong, but I've been coming to the fest since PP3 and Riverside seems to be the first to get that.

It was interesting to see how empty the place was when Mustasch started, and how it got more filled up after every song. I'm hoping that people were intrigued enough to check them out, as they were really, really good.

I thought the bands with the best response were IE, Riverside, and JOP.

dt

Agreed. They were flawless all 4 times I saw them. And also I had never seen the ProgPower crowd give a standing ovation after a set other than Riverside. I may be wrong, but I've been coming to the fest since PP3 and Riverside seems to be the first to get that.

floor jansen got a standing ovation after a song

riverside not playing second life syndrome was bs tho

also if any of you missed mustasch, you missed out.

The crowd response to Mustasch was great but it was disappointing seeing just how much less of a crowd was on the floor compared to Rob Rock. It filled in a little but they definitely seemed to be a band some people didn't even bother giving a chance to. I have no problem saying Volbeat canceling was a huge bummer for me and I didn't take to Mustasch's albums but they were phenomenal live.

Absolutely true. Might've been because Rob was recording for DVD...people want to be on TV :).

Andromeda slayed. The guitar glitch at the end of their set probably dampened the crowd response.

Yeah, that was unfortunate...

Interesting you mention that because I noticed it, too. I was surprised at the reaction because I thought this crowd would not give them the time of day. It was great to see...

It was interesting to see how empty the place was when Mustasch started, and how it got more filled up after every song. I'm hoping that people were intrigued enough to check them out, as they were really, really good.

I was one of those folks that came in late for them, not really thinking I was going to like it. We went up top and sat for them, but really dug it. They had huge sound and really enjoyed it.

also if any of you missed mustasch, you missed out.

So true....the surprise act of the fest for me.

I think everyone was on their feet for Edguy at III. Maybe not. You were 14 at that show right?

Anyway the crowd was great for Riverside.

I think everyone was on their feet for Edguy at III. Maybe not. You were 14 at that show right?

Anyway the crowd was great for Riverside.

LOL asshole, and you were 12.

I was on front row for Edguy at PP III, I didn't see the back.

Smartass. Have fun and congrats. once again for the wedding. If Ashley gets tired of you, have her call me. :lol: :heh:

Mustasche was cool ... I only planned to check out a couple tunes, but they won me over pretty quickly. I ended up staying for the rest of the set .. quite enjoyable. This was my 3rd most enjoyable set behind .. #1 Amorphis, and #2 Riverside.

Britt

Andromeda (which surprises me as I thought they'd go over really well)

I think the problem was the sound translation. Now before anyone jumps down my neck- the sound was awesome this year.

However, Andromeda has a very large, thick full sound on the CD, when it was played live, it seemed stripped down and basic. Which is really sad as I love their music and I couldn't get through the set.

-MetalRose

I thought the Amorphis crowd response was embarrassing. This was a headliner who obviously played their asses off and their hearts out. What gives, ProgPower? I thought their set was the best I've ever seen at PPUSA, and I've been attending since VII.

I thought the Amorphis crowd response was embarrassing. This was a headliner who obviously played their asses off and their hearts out. What gives, ProgPower? I thought their set was the best I've ever seen at PPUSA, and I've been attending since VII.

Even beyond the "hatred of growlies" crowd who wouldn't have been cheering anyway, here are two reasons why:

1. a lot of people were, frankly, exhausted by that point. I know I was :)
2. "the longer this band plays, the longer we have to wait for next year's lineup announcement" -- didn't really matter which band was up there. :)

I was oblivious to that ... I was on the rail front and center. Everyone around me seemed to be going wild. I'd look up into the stands on occasion and it looked like the house was pretty full. Perhaps a lot of them were there just for the announcements after? People had to be wearing down as well .. with 6 bands these nights run a little too long .. it's very tiring. I had no energy left for Iced Earth on Saturday night, so I sat in the seats and watched. It was the first and only time I took a seat in the stands the entire festival.

Britt

I'm not surprised at the lack of a favorable response to Amorphis. I've noticed that a lot of PP attendees have no taste.

I was oblivious to that ... I was on the rail front and center. Everyone around me seemed to be going wild. I'd look up into the stands on occasion and it looked like the house was pretty full. Perhaps a lot of them were there just for the announcements after? People had to be wearing down as well .. with 6 bands these nights run a little too long .. it's very tiring. I had no energy left for Iced Earth on Saturday night, so I sat in the seats and watched. It was the first and only time I took a seat in the stands the entire festival.

Britt

Yeah, just don't forget the reason you were front and center, punk. If you were taller, I would have left you where you were. :lol::lol::lol:

Yeah, just don't forget the reason you were front and center, punk. If you were taller, I would have left you where you were. :lol::lol::lol:

All people should be so helpful to the vertically challenged !! Thanks man .. I really do appreciate you and a few others allowing me into a good spot for Amorphis. They were definately the band I was looking most forward too.

Britt

i didn't bother to see amorphis. Personally I dont dig Tomi vocals, I'm a big amorphis fan with Pasi on vocals I could not handle the songs too much difference.