Headliner #2 Confirmed:

Since you posted there, I assume you got the late '07 ones from their forum?

The fact that they've almost completely ignored the 'Tuonela' through 'Far From The Sun' era (pretty much just one song from those three albums) works out nicely for me because the two previous times I've seen them they covered that era pretty heavily.

Neil
The latest I could find there was one from August of 2007 .. a festival in Finland.

I did a web search to find a few more recent ones .. the latest of which was in Russia in October or December .. not sure it was written like this 2007-10-12.

I'll PM you what I found.

Britt

Yip and I aren't huge fans of 100% growls but have learned to appreciate them in some music (Epica, After Forever, Opeth to name a few). We make it a point to listen to at least 2-3 songs of every band and see how they grab us live. Sometimes you're surprised by something you didn't think you'd like.

See, as much as I love After Forever, I still don't much like the growls. I can tolerate them, but I don't really appreciate them. The same goes for Epica. However, I think Mark's growls premier too much on the new album, and as such it's my least favorite of the three. The best I've ever been heard to say is "At least this growler's vocals don't make me want to punch babies." And from me, that's a high compliment. :lol:

I'm not a fan of the growls. But me not watching Amorphis certainly won't detract from anyone else's enjoyment. In fact, I hope the people who want to watch them have a great time. I don't care if someone likes vocals that I don't like. People are allowed to have their likes and dislikes, after all. :)

When I saw Amorphis on the FFtS tour with Tomi back in uhh...05? I forgot what year, the setlist was great. Only two songs from FFtS (two good ones), and a lot of old shit. It was great. I have no worries about their setlist this year. I am pretty sure they always close with Black Winter Day.

I can't stop listening to AMORPHIS's "Silent Waters". I thought "Eclipse" was great and SW, IMO, even tops that. I'm fucking giddy as a school girl that they are the second headliner! SW just hits me on all levels. Masterpiece is a huge understatement for the material at hand. Hell, I even love "Far from the Sun" and that seems to be their weakest album according to a lot of people.

Past set lists don't really mean squat. Orphaned Land said they lightened up their set for the PP crowd and Amorphis may do the exact same thing.

Orphaned Land did Mabool. As I understood it at the time they were hired to do just Mabool for the main show, and the acoustic set for the Pre-Party.

sorry I'm such a late bloomer on this one, but felt the need to say how much I like Amorphis...I had never heard of them before they were announced as headliner, so I figured I would check them out...I must say, I'm very impressed and I enjoy their latest album very much! Very much looking forward to seeing them! :headbang:

Just saw Amorphis here in Helsinki last night. Was nice to see them play a sold out club on a Wednesday night and looked like the band was positively surprised too - although it was hardly a surprise since they're still getting bigger and getting more radioplay here now + just got their first two gold records on their long career also. Excellent show and having seen them quite a few times it was nice to see a couple of additions to the setlist (anyone interested to see the set from last night feel free to PM me again).

I simply cannot gush enough how much I love "Silent Waters". A masterpiece of unspeakable proportions!
Well, I think I've gushed enough, but yea, that is one of my top 10 CD's. I sure hope more ppl become familiar with them and really appreciate the set that is coming at them at ProgPower. What an innovative, exciting band. :headbang:
Thanks for the setlist, Aki, btw. Damn it kicks major ass!!

Well, I think I've gushed enough, but yea, that is one of my top 10 CD's. I sure hope more ppl become familiar with them and really appreciate the set that is coming at them at ProgPower. What an innovative, exciting band. :headbang:
Thanks for the setlist, Aki, btw. Damn it kicks major ass!!
"Silent Waters" is so good it's almost criminal.