First Headliner Announcement (and roster change)

Why is it so hard for you to understand that not EVERYONE feels a desire to "get familiar with" every band that plays... Maybe it truly is that people didnt/dont like them.Thats not a knock against Glenn because he does manage to get a solid mix for EVERYONES enjoyment.

Accept the fact that Rage just wasnt well recieved that year and let it the F go .

First of all I made no claims on behalf of “EVERYONE.” Ever. Clearly familiarity is not necessary for some people. Nevertheless, many do enjoy a band more when they know the songs. If you pay attention you may have noticed all the “Recommendations,” “Where to start,” “Get to know,” and other such familiarization posts regarding this lineup and all other previous lineups. If you hadn’t noticed, here are a few examples from just the last week:

Dang my internet goes down for a couple days and BOTH headliners are announced! Nice.
Now the homework begins...:kickass:

There's always at least a few bands every year that get put on the bill that I know nothing about ... and usually I end up loving at least one of them. But I have to say that at this point, I'm really hoping for the Showcase to bring at least two bands that I'm a little more familiar with so I don't have to go totally broke trying to learn about/familiarize myself with/collect catalogs of all these bands.

I sure hope CD Inzane has all these bands, cuz I need to start ordering! There's a LOOOT of catching up to do this year...

Other than JOP, I am not familiar with most of the bands. Would someone mind giving a quick description each band's sound, lyrical content and any other bands they may remind you of. Also, recommendations on which albums to buy, if they have multiple CDs...

When a band’s discography gets large enough to become overwhelming many people won’t bother, which decreases their interest. As Zod stated:

Here's the problem with artists like this... they're discography is too large. I believe this was the biggest problem with Rage. Had they three discs to their name, they probably would have had more people check them out prior to the fest, and more folks would have stayed for the show. Most people like to be familiar with the music they're going to hear. I'm simply not going to spend the next year of my life listening to Rob Rock, so that I can be familiar with he's going to perform that night. And if I'm not familiar with an artist, there's a greater liklihood that I'll simply hang at the bar while they're on.

Zod

Secondly, the subject was discussed fairly thoroughly after the incident. The majority who left sited their lack of familiarity Rage and therefore greater interest in the M&G with Evergray as the reason they left.

If you really believe that those 800 people knew Rage and disliked them enough to walk out en mass before the band even took the stage you’re either delusional or clueless.

Lastly, there’s nothing I need to let go of. I don’t care that it happened to Rage. Nor would I wouldn’t care if it happened to them or any other band again. I’m just stating what I’ve observed.

Glen - I think I love you - in a totally hetero way of course (although with that goatee, you look mighty purty :)

This is freaking awesome for me- I really really was hoping for IE/Barlow combo - this freaking rules.

Jeff

FYI Rage does get played on my show even though I'm not a fan (I know you're not questioning that I'm just saying). My show isnt about me, its about supporting the scene I love so dearly.

:kickass: to you for doing it, regardless of what you choose to play or not play.

For Immediate Release: January 14, 2008

Iced Earth to Headline ProgPower USA IX

Atlanta- American power metal giants Iced Earth have been confirmed as the
headliner for ProgPower USA IX, which returns to Atlanta’s Center Stage on
September 26 & 27.

Iced Earth founder, Jon Schaffer had the following to say regarding the festival:"Well, it's been a long time coming, but things have finally lined up right for usto be able to do Glenn's festival. It's truly an honor for Iced Earth to play theProgPower USA festival. I flew down several years ago to check it out and it isdefinitely a top notch operation. It's really a model for the way festivals shouldbe run, good people with integrity make all the difference in any organization, andGlenn and his crew are all that and more. This is something that we've wanted to dofor a long time and it's finally going to work out perfectly for our plans in 2008.Part 2 of the "Something Wicked" epic will be out right around this time and it willbe a killer celebration! This will be very cool, and a good time will be had by all!We look forward to seeing you there!"

“I am beyond excited to have America’s premiere metal band on stage at America’s
premiere metal festival” said promoter Glenn Harveston. I may be the promoter, but
I’m just as big a fanboy as everyone else in wanting to see them here in Atlanta.
I want to personally thank Jon Schaffer for believing in me and the festival.

ProgPower USA IX marks the first confirmed show with returning vocalist Matt Barlow to the group.

Joining Iced Earth at the festival are Florida’s Jon Oliva’s Pain, Poland’s Riverside,
Germany’s Iron Savior, Denmark’s Volbeat, Sweden’s Andromeda,
Italy’s Elvenking, France’s Spheric Universe Experience, Austria’s Serenity,
and Italy’s Pathosray.

The second festival headliner is scheduled to be announced within the next few weeks.

Harveston also has announced a roster change, “I’m afraid that Astral Doors will not be
able to make their scheduled appearance. This is 100% my fault as I knew there
was a risk involved with booking them so early. I appreciate the professionalism the
band has shown and can now announce that they are the first band confirmed for
ProgPower USA X. Florida’s Rob Rock has graciously stepped into their former slot.”

Tickets for ProgPower USA IX go on sale March 1st and limited to 900 tickets.
Advance gold badges are sold-out for the seventh consecutive year. For further
information including advertisement and sponsorship details, visit www.progpowerusa.com.

Hail! I am SO happy that IE and RR are gonna be at this festival! I have all of Rob's CDs and have met him before. AD will be missed, but RR more than makes up for it!:kickass::headbang:

Awesome, they're redoing "The Clouding" (the centerpiece of 'Framing Armageddon', IMO) with Matt...that'll sure be nice for A/B comparisons!

It almost sounds like he's talking to someone specific at points during the interview. :loco:

Neil

When they do tour the States, if it was feasible, I'd love an "evening with" type of show. Since Jon said the touring system will consist of strings of dates here and there and the shows are going to be spectacles, then this would be fucking amazing! Besides, I would think trying to get support bands for this touring style setup would be rather difficult.