Your most dissapointing follow-up albums

This list ends with Crimson Glory-Strange and Beautiful

I'm going to pull a Claus and say that I actually like Strange and Beautiful quite a bit. It might have something to do with it being the first Crimson Glory I'd ever heard. I can see where coming at it as a logical progression might have been disappointing.

And I'm sorry, but seeing Tom G. Warrior is an LA Guns t-shirt is a disappointment no matter how you slice it.

I love half the albums on your list....
Deicide - Serpents Of The Light
Desultory - Swallow The Snake
In Flames - Reroute To Remain
Morbid Angel - Entangled In Chaos
Prong - Rude Awakening

Totally agree with these, except for the Morbid Angel one.. That was a live album with songs from the previous 4. Did you mean Formulas?

Pharaoh: Be Gone
Black N' Blue: Nasty Nasty
Extreme: Waiting For The Punchline
Van Halen: OU812
Fight: A Small Deadly Space
Motley Crue: Generation Swine
Boston: Corporate America
Kamelot: The Black Halo
King Kobra: Thrill of a Lifetime
Metallica: And Justice For All
W.A.S.P.: Inside the Electric Circus
Testament: Demonic
Dokken: Dysfunctional
Motorhead: 1916
Rainbow: Difficult to Cure
Deep Purple: Abandon
Ratt: S/T
Savatage: Dead Winter Dead
Def Leppard: Slang

OK, I need to stop reading this thread. The fact that Holy Hell and Black Halo have appeared is sooooo wrong to me.

I'm with ya on this one - Uh... HUH???

How Black Halo is looked down upon as a disappointment is COMPLETELY beyond my sense of understanding and reasoning... o_O

BTW SeaStorm - love the Tri-Klops pic... major flashback - I grew up with a brother who had He-man EVERYTHING

:lol:...you seem to be comfortable being in the minority, good for you!

~Brian~

Don't worry....there's more of us. Even though I liked Streets, I consider everything after Gutter Ballet to be disappointing, watered down, Broadway rock from a band who put out one of the all-time best metal albums ever, Hall of the Mountain King....not to mention one of the best metal tracks ever, Sirens. Hell, for years I've called Handful of Rain "Fistful of Shit". It's all been downhill since Hall.
BTW- Zod is right....after Mindcrime, Empire WAS a big letdown. Who knew how bad it would get!

just by saying the black halo was disappointing doesnt mean it was a crappy album. I love the Black Halo, but I was very disappointed with it. Kind of hard for Kamelot to make a grand album after Epica. Nothing Kamelot can or ever will do will be as good as the Fourth Legacy, IMO.

speaking of Kamelot, does anyone aside from me prefer Mark Vanderbilt's voice over Roy Kahn's? probably not! Am I in the extreme minority here?

Don't worry....there's more of us. Even though I liked Streets, I consider everything after Gutter Ballet to be disappointing, watered down, Broadway rock from a band who put out one of the all-time best metal albums ever, Hall of the Mountain King....not to mention one of the best metal tracks ever, Sirens. Hell, for years I've called Handful of Rain "Fistful of Shit". It's all been downhill since Hall.
BTW- Zod is right....after Mindcrime, Empire WAS a big letdown. Who knew how bad it would get!

Hey Comic Book Dude, I need your mailing address and Tenth Deceiver's. I'll be mailing the both of you a box of Q-tips for Christmas this year, because you need to clean your ears out! :p

~Brian~