Your most dissapointing follow-up albums

How Black Halo is looked down upon as a disappointment is COMPLETELY beyond my sense of understanding and reasoning... o_O

The albums listed here are regarded compared to the album before it, usually with the person having high expectations, not how the album sounds in general. Also according to that person's taste and opinion.

Black N' Blue: Nasty Nasty
What!? Nasty, Nasty is Black n Blue's best disc.

Kamelot: The Black Halo
I actually see The Black Halo as a bit of a comeback disc for Kamelot. To my ear, Epica sounded like nothing more than Karma leftovers.

Metallica: And Justice For All
Agreed. While I like ...And Justice For All, it's a steaming pile of cow manure next to Master of Puppets.

Zod

VERY easy choice for me.I HATED every song on Guns N Roses album "Spaghetti Incident".There may not be a lot of GNR fans on this site but I was a huge fan.I think I used the inserts from that album to wipe my ass.

Accept - Eat The Heat
Black Sabbath - Forbiden
Riot- The Privilege Of Power (After Thundersteel one of my all time fave albums and altough this one is not bad at all, I think the use of keyboard in Privilege ruined the follow up to the masterpiece that is thundersteel):headbang:
Iron Maiden - X FActor :puke:

See ya at PPX

Accept - Eat The Heat
Black Sabbath - Forbiden
Riot- The Privilege Of Power (After Thundersteel one of my all time fave albums and altough this one is not bad at all, I think the use of keyboard in Privilege ruined the follow up to the masterpiece that is thundersteel):headbang:
Iron Maiden - X FActor :puke:

See ya at PPX

Good calls (though I kinda like Eat The Heat......it took a while)
I'd also like to add Dio- Angry Machines. Strange Highways was a monster of an album, and Angry Machines....well......let's just say it wasn't. :erk:

Damn i love Pink Bubbles Go Ape. It seems to cop alot of rubbishing. I think its a fine album. I dont think alot of ppl could see past Heavy Metal Hamsters lol.

I have to agree that Dead Winter Dead was a huge huge letdown and an amazingly bad album. I cannot listen to it.

As for my big letdown album-Falling Into Infinity. I was in my early 20s and in the midst of my DT fanboy-ism. I remember listening to it for the first time and scratching my head, then virtually crying :p

I disagree wholeheartedly about "Rocket Ride"

But I would say a definite fail to the new Slipknot album....
I keep hearing about it but it does not even compare to "subliminal verses"

Yup. Some Paul O'Neill fans seemed to have forgot that :lol:

The albums listed here are regarded compared to the album before it, usually with the person having high expectations, not how the album sounds in general. Also according to that person's taste and opinion.

probably the biggest disappointments for me were Rhapsody of Fire- Triumph or Agony (after Symphony of Enchanted Lands II), Stratovarius- s/t (after Elements Pt. 2, which I really enjoyed. I Still do.)and, probably the biggest disappointment ever IMO, Sonata Arctica- Unia. Big disappointment after the awesomeness of Reckoning Night. On a not-so-metal note, if there are/were any fans of this band, everything Turbonegro has done since Apocalypse Dudes has sucked balls. Very disappointing.

On a not-so-metal note, if there are/were any fans of this band, everything Turbonegro has done since Apocalypse Dudes has sucked balls. Very disappointing.

Say it ain't so! Not Turbonegro!

Off the top of my head:
Iron Maiden - No Prayer for the Dying following 7th Son.
Queensryche - Hear in the Now Frontier following Promise Land

HammerFall - Renegade. Absolute heart breaker. Please, Patrick Rafling, come back!

Stratovarius - Whatever had that Maniac Dance crap on it, can't even be bothered to remember it... ugh...

Edguy - Rocket Ride. Hellfire Club was such a great album, and still had some remnants of metal in it. Then, POOF, we're Bon Jovi.

Blind Guardian - A Night At The Opera. Nightfall was PERFECT, and then Opera came so overblown and overproduced, and oversang, and over symphony'd. Just too much for one album, man. Yes, you can overdo something.

HammerFall - Renegade. Absolute heart breaker.

I hear this a lot. Renegade is my Favorite Hammerfall BY FAR. Not just, I like it better than the others, but it's really the only one I ever listen to on a regular basis. I actually see it as a natrual progression and huge improvement on the previous ones. Oh well, to each his own right? I liked Rocket Ride to so what do I know. I do agree with you on that Stratovarius album though.

Now here is an interesting thread.
Fates Warning..."Perfect Symmetry"...after the thunderous roar that is "No Exit" (which at the time was a letdown from "Awaken The Guardian" due to the "new guy") I remember listening to this and going..."WTF?" But it grew on me and is one of the top Prog discs ever. But the biggest letdown ever was FWX. Whatever happened to Jim Matheos???

Savatage "Fight For The Rock" ...one word....shite

Overkill Everything after Hello From The Gutter was a letdown,even if solid discs.

Queensryche..."Promised Land"

Edguy ...Sanctus Crapitus

Aerosmith...Permanent Vacation and after...please start shooting the vein again guys...its not too late

Led Zeppelin..."In Through The Outdoor"

Black Flag..."In My Head"...just awful!

Iron Maiden...post Bruce both sucked

Crimson Glory...Strange and Beautiful

Megadeth... Risk

The list goes on forever

I agree about MMA...its a great album and gets slammed alot. The only thing I don't really like about it is the guitar tone...could be a bit heavier, like on Recreation Day, but even the guitar tone doesn't make me hate the album. there are alot of great, solid tracks on there.

I agree about MMA...its a great album and gets slammed alot. The only thing I don't really like about it is the guitar tone...could be a bit heavier, like on Recreation Day, but even the guitar tone doesn't make me hate the album. there are alot of great, solid tracks on there.

Yeah, the production is a little muddy, but the songwriting is great. It's not as technical as their other stuff, but they're still great SONGS.