Your most dissapointing follow-up albums

The fact that Anacrusis, DIDN'T have a release at all after the phenomonal Screams and Whispers.

Initially, Slough Feg's Atavism was a *huge* letdown for me.

It's been growing on me, lately though, in a pretty big way. Coming off of a colossal beast like Traveler, yeah it's a bit disappointing if you're expecting more in the same vein as it, but you can't listen to it the same way, using the same standards. It seems to me, almost stupid now, to even compare them.

Same thing with The Animal Spirits, after Ape Uprising, where I enjoyed the hell out of Ape Uprising, TES is taking some time to "get" but I think i'm starting to.

I still don't like Hardworlder, but it doesn't count as a disappointing followup, since it followed up atavism.

Initially, Slough Feg's Atavism was a *huge* letdown for me.

It's been growing on me, lately though, in a pretty big way. Coming off of a colossal beast like Traveler, yeah it's a bit disappointing if you're expecting more in the same vein as it, but you can't listen to it the same way, using the same standards. It seems to me, almost stupid now, to even compare them.

Same thing with The Animal Spirits, after Ape Uprising, where I enjoyed the hell out of Ape Uprising, TES is taking some time to "get" but I think i'm starting to.

I still don't like Hardworlder, but it doesn't count as a disappointing followup, since it followed up atavism.

The Animal Spirits is my second favorite Slough Feg album. A great release!

I love all of the Ozzy albums equally. One of my favorite Sabbath songs is "You Won't Change Me." Back Street Kids is good too.

There are a few clunkers on the album though like Rock n Roll Doctor.

I liked Never Say Die, but I thought Technical Ecstasy was just blah. It didn't help that it followed my favorite album of theirs, Sabotage, either.

Morbid Angel - Illud Whateverthefuck
It's not like "Heretic" was a masterpiece, but man..."Illud" is a mess. It's not even a matter of utilizing non-metal elements - I'd be completely down for death metal with electronic and industrial influences if they were done well. This album is just ill-conceived and while I wouldn't call it a sellout move, it's obvious that Morbid Angel completely missed the mark with it.

Mindflow - Destructive Device
Fates Warning - FWX
Symphony X - The Odyssey
Opeth - Deliverance
In Flames - Clayman
Therion - Gothic Kabbalah
Devin Townsend - Devlab/Synchestra
Pain of Salvation - Scarsick
Zero Hour - A Fragile Mind

Angra - Aurora Consurgens
Children of Bodom- Blooddrunk
Dark Tranquillity- We Are The Void
Evergrey- Torn
Halford- Made of Metal
Iced Earth- Framing Armageddon
Iron Maiden- A Matter of Life and Death
Kamelot- Ghost Opera
Rhapsody- Symphony of Enchanted Lands, Vol. 2: The Dark Secret
Sonata Arctica- Unia

Really? Those are some great albums.

Symphony X got too heavy and aggressive for me on The Odyssey (though V was a step in the wrong direction for me as well while still being a good album). Deliverance I just found extremely boring. Gothic Kabbalah was the end of Therion for me, and Synchestra I just never really got. That's fine though, all Townsend albums are very different. Accelerated Evolution is my favorite Townsend album, then he released something I still haven't been able to get into.

Angra - Aurora Consurgens
Children of Bodom- Blooddrunk
Dark Tranquillity- We Are The Void
Evergrey- Torn
Halford- Made of Metal
Iced Earth- Framing Armageddon
Iron Maiden- A Matter of Life and Death
Kamelot- Ghost Opera
Rhapsody- Symphony of Enchanted Lands, Vol. 2: The Dark Secret
Sonata Arctica- Unia

i pretty much agree with all of that except for Iron Maiden, but I realize I'm one of the few that loves A Matter of Life and Death. I still find it to be their strongest post-reunion.