Your most dissapointing follow-up albums

I actually can't stand anything Savatage B4 Edge of Thorns.... When Zachary Stevens took over vocals is when I started to really enjoy the band.
I just don't like Jon Oliva's vocal tone.... Edge of Thorns, Handful of Rain and Wake of Magellan are my favorites....

i pretty much agree with all of that except for Iron Maiden, but I realize I'm one of the few that loves A Matter of Life and Death. I still find it to be their strongest post-reunion.

I tried really hard to like 'A Matter of Life and Death'. I even pre-ordered the damn thing, but it bored me to tears. For the record I also don't like 'The Final Frontier' that much either. I'd much rather listen to Judas Priest's 'Nostradamus' than either one of those albums.

King's X - Please Come Home Mr Bulbous
Jet - Shine On
Balaam and the Angel - Days Of Madness
Circle II Circle - Middle Of Nowhere (very weak compared to debut)
Fear Of God - Toxic Voodoo (Within the Veil was a masterpiece)
Theater of Tragedy - Aegis & beyond
Queesryche - Empire & Beyond
Skid Row - Subhuman Race
Savatage - Fight For The Rock (OK, that one's a gimme)
Van Halen - OU812 (I might catch hell for that one, but I don't like it)

I actually can't stand anything Savatage B4 Edge of Thorns.... When Zachary Stevens took over vocals is when I started to really enjoy the band.
I just don't like Jon Oliva's vocal tone.... Edge of Thorns, Handful of Rain and Wake of Magellan are my favorites....

And I'm the opposite. While I think Zachary Stevens is a good singer and the material with him is good, to me they lost some of their uniqueness when it wasn't Jon as singer anymore. Plus, no one does dark and twisted like Oliva.

Fear Of God - Toxic Voodoo (Within the Veil was a masterpiece)
Theater of Tragedy - Aegis & beyond

Totally agree on the Fear of God. I think it was essentially a totally different bankd but with Dawn on vocals.

But man, I thought Aegis was great.

It's not like "Heretic" was a masterpiece, but man..."Illud" is a mess. It's not even a matter of utilizing non-metal elements - I'd be completely down for death metal with electronic and industrial influences if they were done well. This album is just ill-conceived and while I wouldn't call it a sellout move, it's obvious that Morbid Angel completely missed the mark with it.

Heh heh I wondered if someone would say something about that technicality. I thought Heretic was ok, but I guess I (and probably many others) was hoping for something stellar with David Vincent back in the band. So disappointing.

I won't disagree with you there. That was my second favorite album that year next to...wait for it...wait for it...yes, Chinese Democracy.

'Chinese Democracy' was actually pretty good. I enjoyed it quite a bit and I believe most people put it down because it's not 'Appetite for Destruction'. But to get back on topic I am going to have to add the new Amorphis 'The Beginning of Times' to my list of disappointing follow-up albums. It's okay but not as good as 'Skyforger' and certainly not up to par with 'Silent Waters'.

Crimson Glory Strange & Beautiful: After the amazing Transcendance, what a disappointment, but it looks like CG is finally back on track with Todd on lead vocals
Queensryche Hear In The Now Frontier after the amazing Promised Land this was a huge letdown and I've hated everything they've done since, the newest album being their worst ever! Time to do a Greatest Hits reunion tour with DeGarmo and call it a career

'Chinese Democracy' was actually pretty good. I enjoyed it quite a bit and I believe most people put it down because it's not 'Appetite for Destruction'. But to get back on topic I am going to have to add the new Amorphis 'The Beginning of Times' to my list of disappointing follow-up albums. It's okay but not as good as 'Skyforger' and certainly not up to par with 'Silent Waters'.

Agreed completely. People wanted it to be Appetite and also, people seem to think it's just Axl and hired guns, despite it actually being a band effort. If people actually took a good open-minded listen, they'd hear that it's essentially going in the same direction as the Use Your Illusion stuff.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with you with "The Beginning of Times." I still think it's a good album, but it doesn't grab me like the other recent albums. I think part of the problem is that it seems to just be doing what the other albums have been doing, without anything really memorable.

Crimson Glory Strange & Beautiful: After the amazing Transcendance, what a disappointment, but it looks like CG is finally back on track with Todd on lead vocals

I'll be honest. I loved that album. I think had it been released by another band, it would be much more appreciated. It is quite different from their first two I'll admit and not as good, but it is really good stuff.

I'll be honest. I loved that album. I think had it been released by another band, it would be much more appreciated. It is quite different from their first two I'll admit and not as good, but it is really good stuff.

I see your point, but as a huge fan of the first two albums, S&B was such a drastic change to their sound and image, the only thing I can compare it to was when Metallica went from the Black album to Load

Freak Kitchen- Land of the Freaks
While Heaven Wept- Of Empires Forlorn
Human Fortress- Eternal Empire
Mercenary- Architect of Lies
Communic- Payment of Existence
Lita Ford- Stiletto