Zak era Savatage

W.M.D. said:
I think that this show is just something those guys just wanted to do.

Damond Ninjya ?, Al pitrelli and Jeff Plate are also in Savatage but won't be attending.

Like it says in the press statement it's "members" of Savatage,.. not just Savatage.

Oliva said it's hard getting everyone's schedules together, especially with all the side projects, current Savatage and Zak's band, etc. Which shows how rare this show really is.

They are a very busy bunch of musicians, between Jon's solo record 2004, Caffery's Solo record 2004, Zak's Solo record 2004, Savatage's next record 2005 and the next TSO 2005 your talking 5 full blown record releases in the next 2 years!!

Talent like that doesn't come along everyday i'm just glad we get to see the show not the europeans...hehe

AMEN

......although I'm European so I have to strongly disagree with your last sentence!! ;)

Se7enChurches said:
they were here?

Ryan
Yes, several years ago, now, opening for Christian Death. (Mortiis and Godhead also opened).

To this day, I'd say DoW were the worst-sounding touring band I've ever heard. Dunno why; it's not as if Damond is lacking in the voice department. I have some pics on my site from the show, although none from DoW or (sadly) Mortiis' set.

Some songs I'd love to hear:

When the Crowds are Gone
Hounds
Tonight He Grins Again
Can You Hear Me Now
If I Go Away
Believe
Follow Me (even though it was at PPIV, I love that song)
Conversation Piece
Watching you Fall
Alone You Breathe
This is the Time
This Isn't What We Meant
Doesn't Matter Anyway
Wake of Magellan
Turns to Me
There in the Silence
Surrender

The only sava albums I currently have are Dead Winter Dead (not too impressed) and Hall of the Mountain King (good stuff). Which album from Zak's time with the band would you guys recommend (obviously excluding DWD).

Riceloft said:
The only sava albums I currently have are Dead Winter Dead (not too impressed) and Hall of the Mountain King (good stuff). Which album from Zak's time with the band would you guys recommend (obviously excluding DWD).
I would say Edge of Thorns, though the *song* that most totally encapsulates the zak era is probably "Chance", which is on Handful of Rain.

Ryan

I picked up Edge of Thorns today ($9.99), and it rocks :headbang: . Thanks for the suggestions. I guess Handful of Rain and Wake of Magellan are next.