Zak out of ProgPower

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
Press Release:

Zak Stevens has been forced to withdraw from his appearance with Weapons of Mass Destruction at ProgPower USA this weekend. As reported in the media earlier, Stevens suffered an injury to his hand that has required multiple surgeries to date. He will remain hospitalized until next week on intravenous medications. "Obviously, I'm disappointed that Zak can't make it, but his health is far more important" stated Promoter Glenn Harveston. Weapons of Mass Destruction's appearance will go on as planned, but with some major changes. Vocalist Jon Oliva said, "People are going to need a plastic surgeon to remove the smile from their faces after this. We have some very special stuff planned including songs that we haven't performed live in over twenty years. It's time to go old school with Chris and Doc." Chris Caffery added, "We wish Zak the best and feel really bad for him. We know he is very disappointed, but his health comes first. The fans can still expect one hell of a show with some major twists."

Jon has been singing in the studio for months now while working on the vocals for his new disc. He is in great shape vocally. I spoke to Chris and he was "floored" by how good Jon sounded during rehearsal.

Glenn H.

I think Zak has the best voice of the three Sav singers, but this could be a good thing. If Jon sounds like he did, AND they plan to drag out some oldies, Oh man, this could be a show for the ages.

When the Crowds are Gone, perhaps?

The ONLY possbile downpoint here - there is much less of a chance of the band sticking around for an extended set if Jon is the only one singing. Still, no complaints from me, and I wish Zak a fast recovery.

Steve in Philly

P.S. - I'd probably be more upset if I hadn't been front row for Circle II Circle last year at PP.

:cry: I hate it for Zak... and I wish him all the best for a speedy recovery...

but I have to add...

:OMG: OMFG!!! "songs that we haven't performed live in over twenty years. It's time to go old school with Chris and Doc..."

:D :headbang: wish I still had my mullet... *sigh*

Raise the fist of the Metal Child!!!

~Hoyt.

That's all because of a bizarre gardening accident....

But seriously now, that really sucks, I was looking forward to see Zak live... Oh well... I hope they do a kickass show anyway!

Hopefully this is the only bad luck we'll have this ProgPower! But they're right, health comes first.

Should still be an awesome show. Maybe Chris Caffery will lay out some vocals or something too - since he singing's so cool on his solo album. I swear you can hear a little bit of the Jon Olivia style in his voice - and I think Caffery's voice could actually fit Savatage.

Oh well! As long as they're still playing - then we'll be there cheering!

Well, that does kinda suk, but since they're going ON WITH THE SHOW, I am still at peace since I got to see him last year....pre green thumb incident.
IMGP1422.JPG

I'm more of an old-school fan, but I was looking very forward to getting to hear some DWD stuff.

DarkOne said:
I think Zak has the best voice of the three Sav singers, but this could be a good thing. If Jon sounds like he did, AND they plan to drag out some oldies, Oh man, this could be a show for the ages.

When the Crowds are Gone, perhaps?
Man, don't even say that... I'm getting all giddy thinking about it. That would be the highlight of the show for me, by far, and I'm a pretty big PoS fan... :hotjump:

Shaye

They did Gutter Ballet last year; if they do When the Crowds Are Gone, they're gonna need a mop on the floor.

All the best to Zak and family right now...more important things than a concert for him.

I have no question that everyone will be satisfied beyond measure even with no Zak. As Glenn said, all reports are that the Mountain King is back and sounding as good as ever. As for old school 'Tage, bring it on....Dungeons, City Beneath the Surface, Power of the Night, Sirens. The smile on my face might never leave if these songs are played. :headbang:

Final rehearsals were completed tonight in Tampa.
Savathing first,..then Jon Oliva's Pain. While the
sudden cancellation of Zak is a disappointment to all
the fans, Savathing has gone above and beyond the call
of duty to fill the void and create a set-list sure to please even
the most discriminating Sava-fan.

There will be much old-school material.
Many surprises are planned and the show will
take Sava-fans down memory lane.

Expect a LENGTHY show from Savathing/JOP

Til then,........

health comes 1st, but to completely honest, other than PoS, seeing Zak with Savatage was the 2nd biggest reason i justified affording to go this year. I have seen 'tage with Damon, and he was good..but it's still not Zak.

I'm sure it'll be great to hear the old stuff, esp as I just picked up Streets, but this kind of deflates a big part of what i was looking fwd to this weekend. I hope to someday atleast see Zak with C2C if not with the guys in 'Tage one last time.

Just hope gets well soon 1st and foremost.

Kyle

Azrael LenGraden said:
I hope to GOD Damond comes along for the ride...Damond and Jon sing so well together!!!
Fuckin' A! I've been hoping they bring damond the whole time. That would be awesome. The Poets and Madmen tour was still the best concert I've ever fucking seen.

Ryan