Zakk may just whip Ozzy's ass...

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
Did anyone else listen to the audio that Blabbermouth posted in their Zak interview piece today? Part of it was not transcribed due to "all the bleeps." Now, that may be true enough. However, the interview takes on a completely different tone than what you read when you get to it. It goes from tough, but cordial (what you read in the blurb) to....

"You wanna play this tough guy ****? Look me in the eyes & meet me in me in the back *** alley and will get this **** on. You want to treat me like a dick, **** you."

Did anyone else listen to the audio that Blabbermouth posted in their Zak interview piece today? Part of it was not transcribed due to "all the bleeps." Now, that may be true enough. However, the interview takes on a completely different tone than what you read when you get to it. It goes from tough, but cordial (what you read in the blurb) to....

"You wanna play this tough guy ****? Look me in the eyes & meet me in me in the back *** alley and will get this **** on. You want to treat me like a dick, **** you."

:Smug: But honestly, who has Zakk ever gotten physical with?? It's all talk...

In all honesty, don't you think deep down Zakk would be relieved to be out of the Ozzy camp? He has his own thing going on now with BLS (for quite some damn time now).

It's not like recording with Ozzy these days can be extremely rewarding, as the last few efforts have received luke warm reviews, at best.

Touring with Ozzy is so hit or miss with show cancellations.

While I understand Zakk's frustration with not being told the full skinny on what's going on, I think it's clear that Ozzy is leaving the door open for Zakk to exit on his own terms.

Zakk got a career from Ozzy. He should leave it at that. He has grown into his own image and style. It really doesn't fit with Ozzy anyhow.

Thanks, Glenn. Just listened. Zakk made a lot of sense at first. Gotta say, he's right - he deserves an answer. I'm convinced this is coming from Sharon. I believe Ozzy just does what she says and parrots her words. The end of the interview does deteriorate a little, but I couldn't help but feel for the guy who finally let a little emotion out. There was a very telling line right before then, if you listen closely, that might explain why Sharon has decided to replace him. I bet it ain't about everything sounding like BLS. The woman never strays from her agenda.

:Smug: But honestly, who has Zakk ever gotten physical with?? It's all talk...
Didn't he get into a fight mid-set with his drummer years ago (Stronger Than Death tour maybe?) and kick the guy out of the band right then and there? I believe that's how Craig Nunemacher ended up in the band, as BLS was touring with Crowbar and Craig filled in for the rest of the tour.

Also, in May of 2005, I saw him throw his guitar across the stage at a sound guy at a show in Hollywood, apparently because his monitors weren't working. He had to be physically restrained by his tech/roadies and that was pretty much the end of the show. He may run his mouth, but he's definitely not adverse to backing up what he says every now and then, I'm sure there are plenty of other anecdotal incidents to support this.

Basically, Zak is a loose cannon and kind of always has been from what I gather. He's a drunk and that's how drunks act. I like the guy, but it wouldn't break my heart to see him leave. With that said, I hope Ozzy gets an honest to goodness, metal guitarist and not some "dork" from a nu-metal band.

~Brian~

at least I won't have to hear constant pinch harmonic squeals every 5 frigging seconds on an Ozzy record now!!!!!!!! HELL YES!!

at least I won't have to hear constant pinch harmonic squeals every 5 frigging seconds on an Ozzy record now!!!!!!!! HELL YES!!

:lol:

On a sidenote, I wish Zakk would record an album's worth of songs like the one he did for Guitars That Rule The World 2. That's the only solo thing he's done that I like.

Does anyone really want to see / hear Ozzy with Iommi again?

Why waste Iommi's talents on a recording that would feature a VERY uninspired and uninterested vocal performance?

The new H&H disc is great.

As I said before, while Zakk may not realize it yet, if this saga ends with him being out of Ozzy's band, it will benefit him in the long run. It might make BLS to the masses appear like more than just something Zakk does "on the side"

+1

It's like Zakk forgot how to play and just focused on his image, ultimately making himself look like a complete douche, because yeah...it's all talk.
Glad the beefy biker look worked out well for you Zakk!
Good riddance....