Zakk may just whip Ozzy's ass...

Who in the world SERIOUSLY gives a damn about new Ozzy solo material??????????

As for if Gus G joins or not......all I can say is, good on him as he might make some $$$ The trade off is zero creative input.

Though he is no stranger to starting bands, quitting bands, being a hired gun, etc.... Maybe he is someone who likes constant change. If so, then he should go for it, if for nothing else, the payday.

So in this corner one we have Ozzy, who hasn't created anything worth owning since 1986's The Ultimate Sin.
Zod

Actually, my cut off point for the above statement would be Ozzmosis.

Who in the world SERIOUSLY gives a damn about new Ozzy solo material??????????

I have to admit to being an Ozzy fanboy. Why I bother as of late, I have no idea. :lol:

Yep... there's not a guitar player alive who could rekindle my interest in Ozzy. As Gus G., I've just never understood what the fuss is about.

Zod

What if Jeff Loomis joined the lineup? Just saying. :) As far as Gus G. is concerned, he's the whole package for me. He's a gifted player, no doubt, but he has the look and stage presence to go along with the talent. He's a breath of fresh air for those of us tired of looking at short haircuts, baggy clothes, and turntables in mainstream music. I admit, image is a big deal for me personally, when it comes to metal. These so called "nu-metal" guys are jokes to me these days! :lol:

~Brian~

What if Jeff Loomis joined the lineup? Just saying. :)
Nope... not even then. Can't stand Ozzy's voice.

As far as Gus G. is concerned, he's the whole package for me. He's a gifted player, no doubt, but he has the look and stage presence to go along with the talent. He's a breath of fresh air for those of us tired of looking at short haircuts, baggy clothes, and turntables in mainstream music. I admit, image is a big deal for me personally, when it comes to metal.
The breath of fresh air concept seems like a strange selling point. When I listen to Gus G., I hear quite the opposite. I hear a shred guitar player, in a fairly generic Power Metal band. He's a talented player, no doubt. But I don't hear him doing anything that hasn't been done a thousand times before. I'd have less of issue with this idea if it were only he and a thousand Bullet for My Valentines running around out there. However, there are many players out there who are more original and more skilled (Jeff Loomis, Michael Romeo, Chris Broderick, Kiko Loureiro, Jasun Tipton, Joakim Nilsson, Jørn Viggo Lofstad, Mats Haugen, etc.).

Zod

EDIT: You really need to start drinking and listening to Black Metal. :loco:

The breath of fresh air concept seems like a strange selling point.
Zod

Well, I mean it in the context of joining an Ozzy. He would be from a different mold than your typical Ozz Fest guitarist, like you'd expect Ozzy/Sharon to get if they were to replace Zakk.

EDIT: You really need to start drinking and listening to Black Metal. :loco:

:lol:...someone around here needs to maintain some composure! :)

~Brian~

However, there are many players out there who are more original and more skilled (Jeff Loomis, Michael Romeo, Chris Broderick, Kiko Loureiro, Jasun Tipton, Joakim Nilsson, Jørn Viggo Lofstad, Mats Haugen, etc.).

That is a very personal opinion ...

Some of the guys you mention above aren't (IN MY OPINION) nowhere near Gus G when it comes to being a good allround guitarist. Gus has an extremely good sense of melodies, and is able to use that to max-effect in his songwriting. With a lot of the guys you mentioned, you're sitting around waiting for the solo part to come and them to kick ass/take no prisoner, but with Gus (who can shred with the best of them) you often listen to the entire song without "noticing" the solo part. In Firewind it's more about the "whole" than the "parts". Is Firewind my preferred style of music? No, it's too power metallish here and there, but the songwriting is impeccable and Gus G is a phenomenal guitar player - oh, and I seriously LOVE when he digs deep in Phil Lynott's closet for inspiration.

c.

a) I´m not fan of Ozzy outside BS so, who cares?
b) Zakk playing only had got me in the Derek Sherinian albums
c) Yes, Ozzy should get Jake back, but Lee's too intelligent to accept
d) Evidently Gus G is not since he accepted...poor guy :heh: (unless he's thinking about firing Apollo from Firewind and want to test drive Ozzy as a replacement :lol: )

That is a very personal opinion...
Very true.

Some of the guys you mention above aren't (IN MY OPINION) nowhere near Gus G when it comes to being a good allround guitarist. Gus has an extremely good sense of melodies, and is able to use that to max-effect in his songwriting. With a lot of the guys you mentioned, you're sitting around waiting for the solo part to come and them to kick ass/take no prisoner, but with Gus (who can shred with the best of them) you often listen to the entire song without "noticing" the solo part. In Firewind it's more about the "whole" than the "parts". Is Firewind my preferred style of music? No, it's too power metallish here and there, but the songwriting is impeccable and Gus G is a phenomenal guitar player - oh, and I seriously LOVE when he digs deep in Phil Lynott's closet for inspiration.
As I noted, he's a talented player. My comments were driven by the idea that he's a breath of fresh air. To my ear, there's simply nothing fresh about his sound. He's a shred guitar player in a fairly derivative sounding Power Metal band.

As you correctly pointed out, such things are all about personal tastes and one's own opinion. If you and Brian think highly of him... cool. To each their own.

Zod