Anyone else having this issue w/ the new site?

DeepestPurple

Jul 9, 2004
I apologize if this is repeating anybody, been away for a bit.
When I search for a band with lots of results (i.e. more than one page), viewing further pages hasn't been working for me, whether I click the page 2 icon or "Next". I'm using Firefox. Anyone having similar issues or is it just my setup?

The only issue that seems to have hit some customers is that when they check out of the cart their browser empties out the cart and bounces them back to the homepage. The work around seems to be logging into your account first and then filling up the cart. Other than that we really haven't had anything significant crop up.

The only problem I have with the new site is, On the ""Recent Restocks"",We have no way to determine when a restock was added. In the past. you had a number posted, and when you restocked a cd, the number changed... Not to be funny Ken, but when you have 30 or 40 cd listed in there, Its hard to rememmber what was added that day or a few days ago...:confused:

Bob:

I hate to break it to you but I don't think we've touched the Recent Restocks section since we launched the new site. In fact...I kind of forgot that it was there.

Look at Newest 200 Arrivals. We should focus on repopulating the Recent Restocks and I will make it Jim's mission to do so.

Ok Bob, just for YOU, I have cleared out the recent restocks section. Not every title that comes back in will be put there though...only major titles, or titles that we have not had for a long time. So the Porcupine Tree titles that sold out last week and came back in today will NOT be appearing there.

And don't worry Bob, I'm not going to hit you (unless it's with a dictionary :loco: ). I have better ways to get revenge...like adding another several hundred one-of-a-kinds to completely mess with your OCD. :headbang:

Jim, whille you're at it, would you clean up the newest arrivals list too. I mean really, there are some in there that have been on that list for several weeks. How do you expect me to know what is actually THE newest arrival? :rolleyes: :lol:

Don't worry, the newest 200 will be cleaned out as well...with all the one-of-a-kinds I put up for Bob. :headbang:

And don't worry Bob, you're not creating extra work for ME, only my translator for your posts. :loco:

Well Ken, if Jim works his butt off i hope you compensate him accordingly and then some! I know i like how fast my cd's arrive. I'm sure Jim would like it if his paycheck was heavier!:lol:;):D

I apologize if this is repeating anybody, been away for a bit.
When I search for a band with lots of results (i.e. more than one page), viewing further pages hasn't been working for me, whether I click the page 2 icon or "Next". I'm using Firefox. Anyone having similar issues or is it just my setup?

I actually have this same problem. When I try to go to any other page in the search results, the search box is blanked out and doesn't show any results below. It doesn't even say anything along the lines of "no results to show," it's as if I didn't search for anything at all.

I am using Chrome and I just tested Firefox and it does the same thing. Internet Explorer appears to work properly though. You might want to ask your site guy about it because so many people are moving away from Internet Explorer these days.

The only other thing I can complain about is what happens if I try and add something to my wishlist but haven't signed in first. It brings me to the log in screen, I log in, it brings me to my wish list but it hasn't added that CD. So then I have to go back to that CD page and re-add it. I would love to have a "keep me logged in" option, which doesn't seem like it would be too much of a security issue because we still have to punch in our credit cards for every order anyhow.

It's just frustrating because every time I close the site, it logs me out and I usually check the site a fewtimes a day (work is slow right now :().