Best Quotes of the Weekend

BlackRoseMetalHeart

Metal Mistress
Feb 4, 2006
Baltimore, MD - USA
www.myspace.com
"Watching Freak Kitchen is like watching Monty Python play guitar." - Urban Breed

"Honey, I'm home!" - Tore upon returning to The Porch after Jorn's set Saturday night ... One of Tore's many amazing quotes from the weekend.

"I don't know! It's a fish bowl and a sodering iron! It's a bunch of useless shit from my house!" - Scooby, one of our friends, prior to our departure for ProgPower, regarding several items he had in his suitcase.

"We have Swedish vodka and Swedish musicians. Come on in here!" - Some guy with a bottle of vodka (I think he was with Evergrey, not in the band) at the third floor Granada Friday night after-party.

... I'm sure some of the others will come back to me later. Post your's here. :headbang: :Smokin: :kickass:

Amendment - Please try to keep this thread limited to quotes that will be understood by or at least somewhat amusing to the majority of people who attended the festival. Maybe even try to put it into context. I just don't want this to turn into a huge thread of endless inside jokes that only make sense to about 5 or 10 people each. Hope that doesn't offend anyone.

chanted

String quartet!
String quartet!
String quartet!
String quartet!
String quartet!

Easily the weirdest thing I ever expect to hear chanted at a metal show. :lol:

Unheard quote: when the curtain was pulled back after the abovementioned quartet were installed on stage, the female violinist, shocked at the huge crowd and its response, mouthed "Oh. My. God." :heh:

"I'm from Vallejo and I just don't give a fuck" - Curufin and friend (sorry, I'm terrible with names)
"Seeing Nevermore for the 22nd time was the BEST EVER!!!" - Jakob and Mike from Mercenary to Aki/pollution

"It is internal joke" - Michael Eriksen
"Sweet mills!" - too many people to count...
"They are Gaycenary. I call them gay because I cannot find them" - Rene Pedersen
"Take a picture of my balls touching her ass" - not sure who he was...
"Welcome to Dying is about buttsex" - Curufin
"I hear Evergrey does weddings" - not sure who he was either...

"We were on the roof last night and smoked weed rolled in pages we tore out from the Giddeon Bible. Afterwards, we tore the whole book up and now pages are strewn about the roof of the Granada." - Anonymous (to protect the guilty). lol.

Guy 1: So man, what's yur name? (said with VERY southern accent)
Guy 2: Tem (said with VERY british accent)
Guy 1: Huh? Teeeum?
Guy 2: No, Tem.
Guy 1: Teeum...Teeeum, lak with only three letters?
Guy 2: I guess so.
Guy 1: Nice shirt Teeeeum...

That was Saturday night and I laughed for a solid 5 minutes at that!!!!

BlackRoseMetalHeart said:
:Smug: If this is about who I think it's about (kid at the Granada), it really isn't necessary for you to make fun of people who don't share the exact same musical tastes as you do. Most of us at ProgPower have learned to just shrug and say to each his own.

If you don't know the whole story, or don't know how we were NOT making fun of him, you should NOT be saying it.

Even he knows that.

Someone borrowed my camera and I hear that is what they did with it…. Never let your drunk friend take your camera.

"Take a picture of my balls touching her ass" - not sure who he was...

AngraRULES said:
If you don't know the whole story, or don't know how we were NOT making fun of him, you should NOT be saying it.

Even he knows that.
If he wasn't bothered by it, he probably wouldn't have said anything to me and my friends about it, because we weren't involved. He sounded pretty upset though. Whether or not he was, we can't say. I hope it really was all in good fun.