Best Quotes of the Weekend

digitalink said:
In the Club Lounge of the Granada:

Crew Member: "Hey, can I get a lime for my drink?"

Bartender: "I'm the only real fruit behind this bar.":lol:
Hey, is there a front desk prerequisite in that area??? I forgot about this one, but this was a conversation while waiting for a room at the Residence on Thursday, the lobby filled with 40+ metal heads. General Zod, Dark One (note the space in the name) and I were waiting at the counter and talking to Hotel Guy (HG).

Zod: "You sure you have space for everyone"
HG: "Yes, we do"
Me: " You could always put someone up at your place"
HG: "I'd do that . . . for the right person", starely directly at Zod.
Me (egging him on) "Oh, how much do you charge"
HG: "Oh, I work on the barter system. AND, I'll cook him a nice breakfast and do the laundry."
Zod: "I'm married. My wife is just outside".
HG: "Don't worry. I could take her. And, don't forget . . . breakfast AND laundry!"

All in good fun, but the hotel industry must have an odd set of standards. :p

Steve in Philly

I stayed till today ...

Sunday afternoon, I overheard a couple maids cleaning an adjacent room.

Maid: "How can they drink this much?"

Scott reminded me of HIS favorite Quote of the weekend.

Place: the NoVA Alumni LapDance ALcove moments after Freak Kitchen handed us our asses

WHo: Scott, Denis and I talking about the set when Mike Blevins walks up.

Mike: Now I've been to hundreds of Rock shows so I'm pretty jaded, but I'm going to go home and take up the accordian.

I love Mike...he tells the BEST Stories and always gives me the best quotes.

I belive he told me another....something about Swedes...but I'll let him post that one.

Coldie

The one from the Grenada bartender/breakfast guy reminded me of one.

Last night Yardley and I went to The Old Spagetti Factory for dinner. There was a very cleancut guy on the shuttle too. After we dropped him off at his bar of choice (he was a very friendly guy), the shuttle driver said,
"That boy was so sweet, he must have been hit by a sugar truck." It was then that I realized that all of the people at the bar we male.

heres one supposdely from me when i was drunk hanging out with pyramaze

:pretends to call 911: "911! Pyramaze rocks! check em out!"

and of course "BYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH" and "SWEET MILLS!"

kellsco said:
I agree with Gerry......adjacent room my ass!!!! To be a fly on the wall when they walked into me and MrBuzz's room....:lol:

You know the maids didn't get into 212 all weekend! :lol:

I left a nice tip!:headbang:

In front of the venue after Saturday's show, crowd still milling around, and a few Forum members horsing around in a presumably unintentionally homoerotic way: "Hey, are you guys fucking or fighting?" :heh:

My memory isn't too great, but here is a paraphrase of conversation with two of the Epica guys:
Coen: "He (referring to Yves) is from Belgium, so he won't let me drink Heineken anymore."
Yves: "When you take Belgium beer and feed it to a horse, the horse pisses Heineken."

I'm sure there are others I'll think of later.

DarkOne said:
Hey, is there a front desk prerequisite in that area???
Yes. Actually it is a Midtown service industry prerequisite...

thedelicateflower said:
...chicken killer to lek (who was wearing a bright green tie-dyed kings x shirt)...
dude why you wearing a winger shirt?
lek-it's not winger, it's kings x
ck-where's the x?

LOL... you can't blame that one on Doug being drunk... I almost had to ask Lek why he was wearing a "Kings" shirt. :)

I saw a guy with a very quotable t-shirt. It said, "What is Cea Serin?"

We were at Six Flags on Sunday and I had some woman stop me and ask what my shirt said (was wearing my Cea Serin shirt). Yardley said, "What is Cea Serin?" I cracked up.