Best Quotes of the Weekend

AngraRULES said:
Come on now, that was metal! :lol:

I got pretty scared. :lol:

BlackRoseMetalHeart said:
Amendment - Please try to keep this thread limited to quotes that will be understood by or at least somewhat amusing to the majority of people who attended the festival. Maybe even try to put it into context. I just don't want this to turn into a huge thread of endless inside jokes that only make sense to about 5 or 10 people each. Hope that doesn't offend anyone.

:lol: We totally didn't follow this.

*At the counter of the hotel we were staying at:
"Hey did you know that Pyramaze is staying here?"
"Uh, yeah." Person moves back to reveal Lance King on the other side of him.

*You know you have progessive nipples when they go to 11 four times."

*The word of the day is shit, everytime you heard the word shit scream real loud!

*"You're not slutty because you know a lot of people, oh wait, you said celebrity."

*"Be good or I won't prove to you I have no gag reflex!"

*During a discussion on exercise:
"I had to quit kickboxing I kept having issues with my chest being too big. I kept getting black eyes: I was tired of my TKO's."
"Oh my god, I just got that: TITTY Knock outs!"
At a later discussion on this with a different person:
"TKO's! What a way to get your ass kicked"
"No, she was giving herself the black eyes."

* You know I've been carrying this shit around for the last few hours then I realized, I can get a cart!

Man... I love all you people!

-Metal

"Hey, what's that on your shirt say?" (to one of the guys from Thunderstone)
"Well, I have no idea what this says...but look at this" (he points down to his balls, which are hanging out)

Those guys are a riot.

Over heard while in the pit waiting for FK:

"Dude I walked out of the bathroom and guess who was standing there? URBAN FUCKING BREED from Tad Morose! Holy shit, he was there with his wife and he was just haning out and talking. I stood there in silence for a good five minutes before I could even walk over and talk to him! I was so star struck! Oh my god, I need some water...."

-Metal

Kaosaur said:
"Hey, what's that on your shirt say?" (to one of the guys from Thunderstone)
"Well, I have no idea what this says...but look at this" (he points down to his balls, which are hanging out)

Those guys are a riot.

Hahaha, I about died when someone (was it Drew?) saw that and called over Aki, saying "These are your people! YOUR PEOPLE!"

Between myself and all the friends I hung out with this weekend, we had enough zingers to write an all-ProgPower episode of Saturday Night Live (but funnier). However, one thing that stands out in my mind was the fact that Zilla the Powerfreak was wearing a shirt at the pre-pre-party that said, "This is not a Loch Vostok t-shirt".

"Dude... your shirt is a FUCKING LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Sweet Mills!"

"LAMB OF GOOOOOOOOOOD!"
(Note, after actually calming down after bitching and moaning for a few hours, which wasn't helped when Gunstar 9 started giving me shit =/, I actually found it extremely funny. So all is good, I overreacted a bit, and thanks to a few people for looking out for me.

"Dude, can you do that again? I have to get it on film"

"Tommmmorrow...will...DAMNIT, SING!"- Drunk guy in the hallway during the drunken singalong at the Grenada on Friday night.

"Hey, aren't you the arcade guy from the forum?"-several people

"We might do covers, but we do DAMN good covers"- Bryan

"ME TO!" Metalacoplyse quote.

"I'm talking to an American dude's Mom"-Pagan Mind's Strider after asking him to talk to my mom on a cell phone. Thanks again Shane for saving me a hotel bill!"

"You know, Dragonforce...ehh...they just play too fast"-Name whitheld to protect the guilty.

"Man, we're putting that on a shelf back home"-Nick, after discovering the Circus Maximus bottle of Barcadi left on the Best Western porch."

"They're hatin....trying to catch me ridin' dirty"-I think we know that one. Sorry for dragging the hell out of it all weekend dude.

"HEEEEEEEEY! You're my new American friend!"-A very drunken Tore after I lit his cig for him on Friday night,

There's hundred's more, but I've got to get to sleep before class.

biggs0072000 said:
"HEEEEEEEEY! You're my new American friend!"-A very drunken Tore after I lit his cig for him on Friday night.

Hehehe...Tore was another endless source of quotes. He said that he enjoyed his weekend with us more than any show or festival he's ever played, anywhere, and that he'll be back for ProgPower next year, whether he's in a band that's playing or not.

Funny story...talked to my friend Todd earlier today. Todd checked out of the Granada pretty late Sunday (noon-ish), and said that as he was leaving, Tore was STILL on the porch...and that he had a
cooler in front of him, FULL of all the leftover beer that people had given him on their way out, as well as three bottles liquor.

Based on that, I think he *will* be back next year...but maybe just because he got so drunk Sunday on all that leftover alcohol that he missed his flight and decided just to live there on the porch. :)

Either way, hope he is there next year...cool dude!! :kickass:

A bunch of us were standing around between sets and Lotesto was there, doing what he does. Somebody he knew walked up, and he gave him a hug. The guy turned around and looked at the rest of us, pointed over his shoulder at Lotesto and said, "He's a little gay."

"What happens at ProgPower, stays at ProgPower" (don't remember who said that).

Rene from Mercenary telling me about his and Jakob's sleeping arrangements: "Jakob and I sleep together. There are two beds in the hotel room but we like to save linens, you know? I mean, uh, we're not gay! We have 10 or 15 women in the room after every show!" He then looked at Jakob and says, "I sleep with a blonde every night."

dcowboys311 said:
Rene from Mercenary telling me about his and Jakob's sleeping arrangements: "Jakob and I sleep together. There are two beds in the hotel room but we like to save linens, you know? I mean, uh, we're not gay! We have 10 or 15 women in the room after every show!" He then looked at Jakob and says, "I sleep with a blonde every night."

Hahaha that was a good one! Rene is such an amazing guy. I loved talking with him the whole festival.

booB said:
LOL... you can't blame that one on Doug being drunk... I almost had to ask Lek why he was wearing a "Kings" shirt. :)

...the one good thing about him wearing that shirt was that it was so easy to spot him in a crowd...but all night, all i saw was winger on the shirt...

Just remembered another quote. This one from Kez:

"Babs!!!!!!!!!! I need my full-figure hug!"

Oh and another one, this was a voice mail I left on Deb's phone at the venue:
"I'm being held captive by Glenn at the InsideOut/SX vending table, come find me!"

Gee, I have so many. This text message cracked me up after I let my crew at the Granada know I was hanging at the Marriot Courtyard for a bit:

"Are you alone?, Should we come get you?"