Best Quotes of the Weekend

My favorite was during the extended changeover for Freak Kitchen, when someone up front sang out in a really loud voice "We look bored!" (FK song for those that don't know).

I usually don't get to talk to people, since Mary and I pretty much just stay in the theater and watch all the bands, but I do have the knack for overhearing bizarre bits of conversation while wandering around. My favorite from this year was "I don't really need pants".

dt

sccaldwell said:
Funny story...talked to my friend Todd earlier today. Todd checked out of the Granada pretty late Sunday (noon-ish), and said that as he was leaving, Tore was STILL on the porch...and that he had a
cooler in front of him, FULL of all the leftover beer that people had given him on their way out, as well as three bottles liquor.

Based on that, I think he *will* be back next year...but maybe just because he got so drunk Sunday on all that leftover alcohol that he missed his flight and decided just to live there on the porch. :)
I even gave him my cooler to put it in, but several of us decided to help drink it so he could make his flight. Which he did by the way, but not before passing around a bottle of whiskey on the MARTA. I saw a lot of scared people clutching their purses a little tighter when our group walked on. If only I had film left to preserve the faces..... Oh wait, MetalSeamstress has them...don't forget to send them to me!

sccaldwell said:
Funny story...talked to my friend Todd earlier today. Todd checked out of the Granada pretty late Sunday (noon-ish), and said that as he was leaving, Tore was STILL on the porch...and that he had a
cooler in front of him, FULL of all the leftover beer that people had given him on their way out, as well as three bottles liquor.

Was he the guy with the long blond hair? If so, I left for the Marta at 10:30 on Sunday morning and there was this tall, long-haired blond guy on the Granada veranda (always liked using that word) holding onto a brown glass jug of something and drinking from it (ha ha).

It's gotta be the same guy...

"I can't cut my waffle with this knife", said someone that can't handle ilicit substances and roof climbings one morning...

"Ehhh... cause it's upside down?", was the reply.

"HAHAHAHA SHIT THIS IS AWESOME DUDE! IT WAS UPSIDE DOWN!"

BABS said:
Was he the guy with the long blond hair?

Like THAT would actually help narrow it down any?!?! :lol:

Actually, yeah...long blond hair, probably wearing camoflage pants/shorts, sitting on the side of the "veranda" opposite the Granada front door, facing the street...I think the only time he *left* that spot was for the two hours he was actually on stage (he was the guitarist on the left side during Jorn's set)!!!

You know...the guy with the long blond hair. :heh:

Craig

am_ash2 said:
I even gave him my cooler to put it in, but several of us decided to help drink it so he could make his flight. Which he did by the way, but not before passing around a bottle of whiskey on the MARTA. I saw a lot of scared people clutching their purses a little tighter when our group walked on. If only I had film left to preserve the faces..... Oh wait, MetalSeamstress has them...don't forget to send them to me!

Please post or send some to me...I'd love to see 'em!! :kickass:

Craig

This taken from one of those drunken converstations where you're pretty sure that neither one of you has any idea what the other is talking about. lol

"How do you say pickle in Italian?"

"I don't know, but its like when the bird brings the baby and you know, the bird."

"Do you mean the stork?"

"yes, the stork!"

Dude, I kept checking for a messed up grill, or one toe longer than the other, but I couldn't find a damn thing!!!!!!!!!!! Wade Black speaking of a beautiful girl we know..... Laughed for 5 minutes straight....

Shane

BABS said:
Was he the guy with the long blond hair? If so, I left for the Marta at 10:30 on Sunday morning and there was this tall, long-haired blond guy on the Granada veranda (always liked using that word) holding onto a brown glass jug of something and drinking from it (ha ha).

It's gotta be the same guy...
Look at my avatar, Babs. :)

"Like Spider-man"

spideyflames3fq.gif

The Michael: "My vagina is very loosely defined."
The Michael: "There is an elbow in my vagina!"
Gonzo does a very convincing "GOODY GOODAY!!!"
Rachel: "Dude, get your head out of my vagina."

"I am evil Homer!!"

After TheMichael sits on Todd's lap and Todd starts reciting his Xmas list:
"You're on the bottom, you're supposed to be Santa."

Gonzo: "I wish my grass were Emo so it would cut itself."

John (Pyramaze51): "There's gotta be a hole here somewhere!"

Rachel: "The first year I went to ProgPower, I knew it was a great group of people because the first day I lost my phone and..."
The Michael: "Oh man, I thought you were going to say virginity!"

The Michael (good lord he's good at this stuff): "Colleen, you must have slept more last year... I don't remember you being this much fun."

Singing Monty Python's "Sit on my face" song at the top of our lungs at the Residence.

Colleen to Zilla: "Women can and do have balls, they're called chesticles."

"You RULE!!!" (needs no name ;) )

On Thursday, walking to the Residence from Marta: Total stranger on the street to us, "Hey, is there, like, a concert going on or something?"
Later that night, on the way to CenterStage for the show, two VERY preppy looking young ladies ask our group, "Hey, could you tell us what is going on down the street?" we all point to CenterStage and ask, "There?" They say, "Yes, we keep seeing all these black shirts and stuff... is that, like, a band thing?"
We tried to explain ProgPower, saw the eyes glaze and one of us said, "It's heavy, it's technical, it's might be too much for you to comprehend, but it seriously kicks ass."