Best Quotes of the Weekend

One of the Century Media guys, while eyeing my Xasthur shirt:

"That's the heaviest shirt at this show-- no, that's the heaviest shirt in this state-- no, that's the heaviest shirt on the east coast tonight"

Tess as she hangs up her phone in the mall food court Friday AM - referring to a UPS delivery that was waiting at the hotel for Shane.

"Shane wants me to grab his package when we get back"

and the guy working in the food court busting it as we walked by :)

Classic :)

Okay i was at the vendors shopping for the new Jon Oliva's Pain album. Having to choose between the digipak and the tin case version. How did I decide? The guy from Century Media said "it's a metal case, it's METAL. It doesnt get any more METAL than this".

Excellent sales pitch man, it was almost a Jerry Maguire moment - "you had me at "it's Metal" " lol

jeff:headbang:

At the airport on Monday, I'm waiting in line with Aki at Delta's well-hidden international ticketing area. He says "Y'know, last year while I was waiting here, Claus from Intromental showed up. That was cool. But...it won't happen this year, because it's Monday, a day later."

Not more than three minutes later, up walks Claus, with some of the Pyramaze guys in tow.

"Uh, wow!" "!!!!"

Classic end to a great festival for me. :headbang:

Pellaz said:
At the airport on Monday, I'm waiting in line with Aki at Delta's well-hidden international ticketing area. He says "Y'know, last year while I was waiting here, Claus from Intromental showed up. That was cool. But...it won't happen this year, because it's Monday, a day later."

Not more than three minutes later, up walks Claus, with some of the Pyramaze guys in tow.

"Uh, wow!" "!!!!"

Classic end to a great festival for me. :headbang:

LMAO, that really is a classic one!

Standing at the stairs leading up to the VIP bar, (yup, I was drunk as hell of course) - 2 girls walks down and I over-hear them mentioning the word "Mom" ... so I make some stupid joke about my own mom and how good she is in bed. One of the girls says to me: "Ahh, you must be Claus - I've heard about you and your mom".

c.

MetalRose said:
I'm surprised I didn't run into you guys then as I flew out on MOnday as well.

-Metal

We were in the International Ticketing area. You'd be excused for not noticing it, since it's carefully, artfully hidden behind a temporary construction wall, with no signs pointing to it, and (when we first got there) no Delta employees helping out with directions and directing traffic.....

"We eventually had to go down to the cellar to find it, with a flashlight--"
"The lights had probably gone."
"So had the stairs."
'But you found the International Ticketing area, didn’t you?"
"Oh yes, we found it, in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying 'Beware of the leopard.'"

(That sequence from Hitchhikers Guide was running through my head during the search. :))

Claus / Intromental said:
Standing at the stairs leading up to the VIP bar, (yup, I was drunk as hell of course) - 2 girls walks down and I over-hear them mentioning the word "Mom" ... so I make some stupid joke about my own mom and how good she is in bed. One of the girls says to me: "Ahh, you must be Claus - I've heard about you and your mom".

c.

Maybe it's time to bring in the sister.... :zipit:

freakchylde said:
Maybe it's time to bring in the sister.... :zipit:

Not so sure - she might read this board, hehehehe.

Oh well, I've already tried to hook her up with several of my friends (all of them came up with lame excuses as to why they wouldn't "do" my sister), so we might as well throw her into the game.

Anyone up for a 25 yr old Danish chick?

c.