Biggest Disappointments in Metal History

My fav too. "Floods" is an amazing tune.

Disappointments:

Megadeth - Risk.
Iron Maiden - Dance of Death.
Metallica - Load.
Ministry - Dark Side of the Spoon.
Machine Head - The Burning Red.
Anthrax - Stomp 442.
Testament - The Formation of Damnation. (Not a bad album but The Gathering was awsome and this one still hasn't grown on me).
Strapping Young Lad - Strapping Young Lad. (Again it was the follow up to an outstanding album).
Therapy? - Infernal Love.
Faith No More - King for a Day, Fool for a Lifetime. (Like mentionend above).
Corrosion of Conformity - Wiseblood.

Funny how many of these also had shitty covers.

King For A Day...? Wow, that's my fav FNM disc... One of my all time favorite albums!

For me it's not about an album but rather missing out on seeing Ronnie Dio live with Heaven n Hell (Sabbath in reality) in 2007. They toured Oz whilst I was OS on holidays.

Had I known Ronnie would leave us so soon I would've made sure I delayed my trip.

RIP Ronnie - we miss you :-(

As far as my personal disappointments in metal that aren't just album related...well, witnessing Dimebag Darrell get murdered absolutely takes the cake. It doesn't get much worse than that.

To top it off, Clint Lowery quit Sevendust several days later which bummed me out (I have loved those guys since the very beginning), and then the rumors of Anthrax doing the Belladonna reunion started soon after (and the WCFYA era lineup is one of my favorite live bands)...I was severely bummed when it came to music for quite awhile there...

For me it's not about an album but rather missing out on seeing Ronnie Dio live with Heaven n Hell (Sabbath in reality) in 2007. They toured Oz whilst I was OS on holidays.

Had I known Ronnie would leave us so soon I would've made sure I delayed my trip.

RIP Ronnie - we miss you :-(

Definately this for me too. For some very stupid reason I chose not to go to that show. Idiot me. Didn't Down also support that tour? Double idiot me. Seriously don;t know what I was thinking at the time.

As far as my personal disappointments in metal that aren't just album related...well, witnessing Dimebag Darrell get murdered absolutely takes the cake. It doesn't get much worse than that.

To top it off, Clint Lowery quit Sevendust several days later which bummed me out (I have loved those guys since the very beginning), and then the rumors of Anthrax doing the Belladonna reunion started soon after (and the WCFYA era lineup is one of my favorite live bands)...I was severely bummed when it came to music for quite awhile there...

Yeah I don't think much could be any worse that witnessing a murder. That is some really heavy shit to deal with!

I have been a sevendust fan too from the beginning. I love the first few sevendust albums. When clint left I was semi bummed but I think they albums they did without him were just as good so it didn't really matter to me much. Sevendust just kind of does the same thing over and over again, Clint is back, and even though I like them still I just get bored with them fairly quickly. But will still put in the ST and Home all the time. Love those CD's

Maybe cause they're horrible?

They might well be, but I've never even listened to any of them them once to find out for myself eother way. I just can't bring myself to listen to any Maiden records even once without Bruce at the helm. To me, he's pretty much the most important vocalist to any band in metal.

You don't listen to the first two Maiden albums? That's insane.

Sorry, I should've been clearer on that comment. I have both the debut and Killers and yes, spin them a lot. Awesome records both of them. The Blaze records are the ones I can't listen to, cause anything after Bruce just don't cut it for me.

+1.

Blaze Bayley is a terrible vocalist and Bruce is the voice of Iron Maiden.

Dude WTF are you talking about? Blaze Bayley killed it singing Bruce Dickinson songs. Just watch this video. He sounds amazing. I don't know they could have possibly brought Bruce Back

Last edited by a moderator: