"Can you get this?" thread is a bit difficult to follow...

Its difficult to go back a couple pages and scroll through? I think having one consolidated thread makes it easier than creating the many threads it would take for each request.

Difficult in either case for infrequent visitors. Use advanced search for known items.

I prefer separate threads; Requests get lost the other way, like in the case of #617;)
(or the same requests already answered)

Keep it as is. I used the search function the other day to look up what had been said about a new release previously and it worked fine.

I prefer it in one. It's easy to read backwards everyday and see if something has been asked about or answered. Also, previous posts can be bumped if forgot about.

Yeah, in all honesty, I stopped reading it long ago. Too hard to find the last message I read, then read forward from there. If I ask a question it's too hard to parse though all the new messages to find Ken's response. I thought the single-subject, targeted threads were much easier for us.

Chris

Tangentially related -- whether you return to the old format or not, will you expand the number of available threads? For instance currently your forum (non-stickies) shows 11 threads available to view. More manageable for you, for sure.

Old format would generate sprawl.

"oh no, masterworks is gonna confuse things!'

personally, I keep a small steno pad along side the computer,
and write down the items I'm into;
and just keep tabs .
I admit when Ghostland was up and running, you could count on them.
and not to be a suck-up,
but I dont really exspect Ken to do everything
Sal, I think is a good source on whats coming
Bob can be, too

its fine the way it is,
and even when its not, it is.

jon:wave:

one thing I was thinking of; which would need Mr. Golden's approval,
would be to have a new thread of new cd reveiws, by forum readers.
I've read here, somewhere of a group called riversea;
can't find it anywhere
[cuse me for being slow
I'm not on facebook, or other friendsharing webs,
and facebook wont let in unless you like them]
I really don't see a need for them
so if you have a new, not-yet-out disc, tell us about it
half the metal, I have no idea about
but if there was a review, there might be another buyer
you could list what you have knowledge of that is coming out, and not just in your dreams last night

just an idea

jon:wave:

If its music related (preferably of some sort of progressive nature) feel free to post it. Don't just copy and paste a review from another site.

I didn't impose any limit to amount of threads per page. I'll check the settings to see if it can be adjusted.

I didn't impose any limit to amount of threads per page. I'll check the settings to see if it can be adjusted.

Sorry for causing you any time wasted.

Somewhere along the line a different default thread view came into play.

It's user customizable :

Close to bottom of page > Display Options > change the From The to your desired range. Click Show Threads.
(the above method will only last for that session)

To change it 'permanently' : Go to User CP > at left hand column of options go to Edit Options > scroll down to Thread Display Options > choose the option you desire in Default Thread Age Cut Off > scroll down to click Save Changes

The only thing I don't like with the single thread is that often several requests will be made in a row, but then you will only respond to one or maybe two and seemingly ignore the others. Or you might respond, "Yes, we will stock it" without actually saying who you're responding to.

Not a huge deal, but there have been a few times where I've had to ask a second time on a particular CD because it just gets lost in the shuffle I guess.

The only thing I don't like with the single thread is that often several requests will be made in a row, but then you will only respond to one or maybe two and seemingly ignore the others. Or you might respond, "Yes, we will stock it" without actually saying who you're responding to.

Not a huge deal, but there have been a few times where I've had to ask a second time on a particular CD because it just gets lost in the shuffle I guess.

I know what you mean. Sometimes I'm in a rush and post briefly. Assume I'm responding to the post directly above.

From what I understand, Riversea is only selling their cd directly from them.