Change your mind on anyone yet??

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
Now that you have gotten past the "Who the fuck??" ....

Who have you checked out or now given a second chance on next year's roster that has impressed you? Possibly caused you to view the roster differently as a whole now?

After picking up their album at the insider sale, I'm really looking forward to While Heaven Wept.

I've listened to their most recent album and digging it!

Also been listening to Voyager... Whoa!!!! Kick ass!!!

Already very familiar with Mob Rules and Red Circuit (probably THE only person who actually has both albums already). Know the most recent Eldtritch albums. Know absolutely nothing about the rest. That will change very shortly. :)

After listening to the bands, Haken has come out of the gate strong as a new favorite. Red Circuit is fun, no nonsense melodic metal which is killer as well (just not as much to chew on as Haken).

The lineup as a WHOLE? Not yet... I'm still in the "who the fuck" mode, but I will say I am loving the hell out of Voyager and Red Circuit is growing on me quickly as well. Creations End is ok, I could take it or leave it so far, ...Haken, I don't care for them, which should come as absolutely no shock. I can see why they got the nod though. "Progsnobs" are going to wet themselves. I haven't dug further than that, just a little into While Heaven Wept, and they seem to be too proggy so far for me. Eldritch is up next!

Was I the only person in the whole fucking place that actually new who all the bands where? Admittedly, the only one that I did not really know was While Heaven Wept, but that was remedied real quick. I've picked up the latest album at the "Insider Sale" and friggan loved it! Found out that eMusic had both of their earlier albums, so I grabbed them last night and did listen to one of them. Again, friggan AWESOME! Still pretty wild that I found out the albums where recorded right here in Fredericksburg, VA, so will be really cool to get to see a local band there at ProgPower. There where two other bands that I knew of, but never heard any of their material. That was Creation's End and Hakem. I've already had the Hakem album from Lance's table before the annoucement, but got the Creation's End album from the "Insider Sale". I've yet to listen to the Hakem, but I've already listened to the Creation's End like three times. I absolutely LOVE that one as well! I'll have to re-aquaint myself with Arcturus. I have Sham Mirrors and Sideshow Symphonies, but it has been a little while since I've listened to them. From what I remember (and it really was not that long ago since I've had Sideshow Symphonies on), they are definitely unique. Granted, they will not be every one's cup of tea, but I am actually looking forward to seeing what kind of live performance they put on.

Overall, I am very, very stoked about this whole line-up! I am already so looking forward to next years!

I

Already very familiar with Mob Rules and Red Circuit (probably THE only person who actually has both albums already). Know the most recent Eldtritch albums. Know absolutely nothing about the rest. That will change very shortly. :)

I've been a big fan of both bands for years! I bought both Radical Peace, and Homeland immediately upon their releases.

Looking forward to both bands big time as well as DREAM EVIL!

No need to convert me. I knew every band and had albums by all of them but Creation's End (which was rectified the next day). The first thought that crossed my mind after the announcement video was: "When am I going to eat??"

I'm now working my way through the unfamiliar material, trying to decide if any of it appeals to me enough, but the jury will probably be out for a few months while stuff grows on me. I realized I *had* heard Sanctuary before, but while I like Nevermore to a point, they're not a guaranteed draw for me.

Sorry! Tough customer, what can I say. I'd go every year just for the social factor if I could afford it...

Creations End - Still waiting to hear the full album. It has potential.
Voyager - Zod turned me into a fan recently. New album is very strong. I like it.
Eldrtich - I own El Nino. Still hasn't clicked, to be honest. What other album should I try next?
Mob Rules - I own two of their albums, but never really got into them. Went back to it, and I really liked it. Never noticed how much the singer reminds me of Matos.
Arcturus - Love the material.
Sanctuary - Love the material x2.
Haken - It's a strong debut. That being said, I can't listen to it all the time.
Red Circuit - Still hasn't clicked.
While Heaven Wept - I had never heard this until the day after the announcement. I am *super* impressed.
Labyrinth - There are 4 albums of theirs that I really like (Freeman, ST, Return to Heaven Denied Pt. 1 and 2.)
Dream Evil - I normally can't stand the band. Two days ago was the first time I actually made it through their whole Evilized album. Still not hitting the spot.
Therion - I love The Gothic Kabbalah. Also like Sirius B and Lemuria. Own a few other discs. Have to revisit.

Creations End - Still waiting to hear the full album. It has potential.
Voyager - Zod turned me into a fan recently. New album is very strong. I like it.
Eldrtich - I own El Nino. Still hasn't clicked, to be honest. What other album should I try next?
Mob Rules - I own two of their albums, but never really got into them. Went back to it, and I really liked it. Never noticed how much the singer reminds me of Matos.
Arcturus - Love the material.
Sanctuary - Love the material x2.
Haken - It's a strong debut. That being said, I can't listen to it all the time.
Red Circuit - Still hasn't clicked.
While Heaven Wept - I had never heard this until the day after the announcement. I am *super* impressed.
Labyrinth - There are 4 albums of theirs that I really like (Freeman, ST, Return to Heaven Denied Pt. 1 and 2.)
Dream Evil - I normally can't stand the band. Two days ago was the first time I actually made it through their whole Evilized album. Still not hitting the spot.
Therion - I love The Gothic Kabbalah. Also like Sirius B and Lemuria. Own a few other discs. Have to revisit.
Milton, Evilized is not the way to go. The Book of Heavy Metal and United are the ones to check out by DREAM EVIL.

I knew of most of the bands but still had to listen to them. Aside from the bands I'm already geeked for (Arcturus, Eldritch, Labyrinth) I'm really looking forward to VOYAGER and RED CIRCUIT. I still need to listen to Creation's End. And gotta hear While Heaven Wept but I'm saving them for the end because I suspect that once I pick it up I wont be able to put it down to explore the rest of the roster. :p Haken sounds very promising, too!