Christian Metal

If you mean mine, glad you liked them. I JUST saw the Lightmare and HB (the official video and all in English now) they look brand new so I was really excited to see them. I dont know why but Lightmare reminds me of Vanden Plas with a different style..maybe its because they have similar conviction, integrity, and catchy melodies in their song writing. My favorites are Lightmare, Sea of Dreams and HB, then Narnia because they're really uplifting to listen to. I love that I feel like I have been the only one to have known about Lightmare because I never see anyone mention them in forums:)
Got any more?:kickass:

I dont think I have heard anybody mention the band 7days they have a song called fall again great stuff!:headbang:

I find that there is a lack of quality within the Christian scene, don't get me wrong I love Christian metal but you won't find me in line to see Underoath, or Norma Jean.
Here are the bands I am into:
Feast Eternal
Discern
War of Ages
Demon Hunter
Believer
As I Lay Dying
:rofl:eathstarx
Haste the Day ( prefer the first two albums)
Frost Like Ashes
Immortal Souls
ZAO
For Today
Tourniquet
Spirit's Breeze
Sinai Beach
Pantokrator
August Burns Red
Soul Embraced
Pillar ( but I prefer the first two albums)
I used to listen to many more but I just got to where I did not like them, but these bands are tried and true to me.

It's true that there aren't many good Christian metal bands, but some are really good:

Anything by Christian Rivel
Theocracy
Reinxeed
Harmony
Stryper(of course!)

Got any more?:kickass:

I wish I could think of more but those are my favorites. Wait..I actually just remembered I have quite a few saved at my Myspace account.. I'll have to search through my friends list to find a few. I found some really good unknown bands there! These one mostly aren't metal, but more so rock or what not..and I don't like them any where near as much as what I already listed but they're good-ok.

Neal Morse (Good Progressive, think Dream Theaterish):

I believe Portnoy was drumming for them at some point.

I don't know if anyone would count them as metal but Fireflight is more so Pop Rock I think, I like them even though they're not metal. They have a great attitude, are solid in terms of a positive upfront Christian message, tackling issues like concerning abstinence, really cool I think:

I think it was the intro song for some tv show...The Bionic Woman I think?

I wasn't never too much into them but I believe Glass Hammer are Christian, and they're Progressive Rock..but maybe I just didn't hear songs I liked from them. I need to check them out at some point:

www.glasshammer.com

They're ok..

Fountain of Tears have some ok songs, but I feel like they have a lot of potential but never really reach it because of the kinda more relaxed less than spectacular song writing. They're more atmospheric, I have to be in a mood to hear them..or have some patience perhaps because they're not usually as fast or poignant as I want them to be.

Samples:

http://www.fountainoftears.com/mp3.html#

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/fountainoftears

They barely have anything posted online that you can hear but this one is from their first album, which is based on/is Edgar Allen Poe's the Raven. You get more of a sense of their musicianship from it because it's a spoken song/poetry, it has no singing, kinda weird:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2q3nwv_qP8&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
Ben Grimm,

I thought ZAO went away from Christian lyrics in their songs later in their career?

The last two albums are not lyrically very Christian, but if you check out "Funeral of God" it it a concept album about what would happen if God just left us. Very excellent album. If you ever get a chance to watch the dvd "the Lesser Lights of Heaven" in the documentary part you actually get to see what Dan is about, and you can see that they provoke thought outside the Christian music scene about Christianity.
There is a lot of debate about ZAO and Christanity, I think that there are some bands that are called Christian bands that just have "positive lyrics" you'd be hard pressed putting some Christian bands lyrics next to ZAO lyrics and being able to tell which one is the Christian

Yeah, Stryper is DEFINITELY the band in this segment of metal. But then again, I don't know a lot of the bands mentioned here, will check them out as soon as possible...

The Brazilian metal scene has a few bands, but the only ok christian metal band I know is Eterna.

I actually think Stryper is a bit behind some of the other Christian bands, at least in lyrical content. It seems that most of their lyrics were a reaction to all the bands singing about the devil when they first came out and they haven't really deviated from the "Give God all the glory, accept him today" stuff.

Theocracy is a lot more varied when it comes to lyrical content. And Christian Rivel's stuff is pretty cool that way too, although I prefer Divinefire to Narnia.