Dont-Skip-A-track CD's

what about seperate disjointed ideas such that Opeth can create WITHIN THE SAME SONG that together form a drasticly different image?

its like you're saying you only like to paint with blue, and blue is the only color you will like to use, until you're done. then maybe you'll paint with red, but just red, cause you don't want to ruin the experience. this makes no sense to me. the juxtaposition of contrasting elements and ideas, the guesswork involved in an album to connect such ideas is what makes them interesting.

you sound like you have no life... you spend months making mix cds? to further experience music? do you somehow get off on that?

Silent Song said:
what about seperate disjointed ideas such that Opeth can create WITHIN THE SAME SONG that together form a drasticly different image?

its like you're saying you only like to paint with blue, and blue is the only color you will like to use, until you're done. then maybe you'll paint with red, but just red, cause you don't want to ruin the experience. this makes no sense to me. the juxtaposition of contrasting elements and ideas, the guesswork involved in an album to connect such ideas is what makes them interesting.

you sound like you have no life... you spend months making mix cds? to further experience music? do you somehow get off on that?

I'm not explaining it properly then. to me "related" means that they work well together. It doesn't mean that they are exactly the SAME, it means that they compliment eachother. It was Opeth that MADE me see this whole relating of ideas together to form a whole. On the first 2 albums it was perhaps a little careless, but since then, they are the ones who give ideas context and flow.

I DO have a life. Why does everyone think i don't have a life? what's 4 hours a day of messing with music? it's not really that much in my opinion. and yes, i "get off" on it. Some of the more intense experiences of my life have been a result of messing with these ideas.

too many to name really, but a few that immediately came to mind...

judas priest - sad wings of destiny
ulver - bergtatt
yes - close to the edge
edge of sanity - crimson (buwahaha)
caravan - land of grey and pink
rush - first 12 albums or so
candlemass - epicus doomicus metallicus

etc etc

Kyuss - Welcome to Sky Valley , ...And the Circus Leaves Town
Opeth - Orchid / Morningrise
Agalloch - Mantle
Woods of Ypres - Pursuit of the Sun and Allure of the Earth
Clutch - Blast Tyrant , Elephant Riders
Meshuggah - I & Catch 33 ;) And Chaosphere...
Dark Tranquillity - Character (I love this album)
Death - Sound of Perseverance (even the Judas Priest cover!)
Sepultura - Chaos A.D. (spec edition too.. Chaos BC is a good remix)

Blind Guardian - NiME
Opera Rock - Jesus Christ Superstar
Múm - Finally We Are No One
Porcupine Tree - Deadwig
Paatos - Timeloss
Nevermore - DNB
Clint Mansell & Kronos Quartet - Requiem for a Dream

bangadrian said:
well mumblefood is clearly being a huge holier-than-thou retard. you won't listen to any music at all that doesn't have its songs organized into a thematic album? i'd say your musical tastes are pretty limited. and your whole trip about being a veteran of the forum, and how it got boring 3 years ago... well that's bullshit because your join date is 3 years ago, and even if it's a different account or something, it still doesn't mean shit. you act like you have some higher appreciation for music than everybody else, well guess what? a lot of us are musicians and even those of us who aren't... there are some reasonably intelligent individuals here who don't have this incredibly limiting structure of listening to music. so ESS-TEE-EFF-YOU, ya nut lover

and btw i don't want to look at some baby's flabby butt cheeks every time i read one of your posts

Here's something neat i found today that might help explain things a little:

http://spaces.msn.com/members/raine85/

read the June 12th blog.