Dont-Skip-A-track CD's

just because you have someone who gets off on it the same way you do doesn't mean it's 'better'. two people agree!?!? no way!

i skip tracks plenty. sometimes the urge to hear a certain song hits me, so i change albums in the middle of a song. on 'Deadwing' i almost always skip all the even numbered tracks.

when i first get an album i like to listen to it beginning to end a few times to appreciate the artist's composition as a whole as they intended it. but after that, whatever.

having an obsession with listening to entire albums would really make that fifteen-minute walk to work miserable. unless you really like a lot of grind.

Looking for a Job said:
nah, you'll just have to slow down and make the walk an hour. you can't enjoy music otherwise

40 minutes:
Peter and Brian find Loretta Brown and Glen Quagmire, clothes on the floor, "Together" in the living room. When Cleavland Brown, Loretta's husband, finds out about this on a group fishing trip; The only thing his mind is revenge.

tommy_lee_jones103.jpg

shantideva said:
just because you have someone who gets off on it the same way you do doesn't mean it's 'better'. two people agree!?!? no way!

i skip tracks plenty. sometimes the urge to hear a certain song hits me, so i change albums in the middle of a song. on 'Deadwing' i almost always skip all the even numbered tracks.

when i first get an album i like to listen to it beginning to end a few times to appreciate the artist's composition as a whole as they intended it. but after that, whatever.

having an obsession with listening to entire albums would really make that fifteen-minute walk to work miserable. unless you really like a lot of grind.

i've got many reviews as well... You'd be suprised how many people end up having some kind of experience that they don't forget. but i don't think i should spam about that anymore. I doubt many people here have the patience to listen through 2.5 hours of music alone in the dark, undistracted.

It's not that it is the ONLY way, I just made that extreme comment because i don't think people think ENOUGH in that way, when they should. The thing is, the POTENTIAL to have such an experience increases dramatically as the length does, if for no other reason that there's time to "shape" a person's mood and rollercoaster them through a nicely laid out emotional map.

foget it, niggas. You laugh, and i will continue entertaining those who actually give a damn. I don't mind that none of them are here.

the best part of family guy is the lack of plot. it's just one tangent after another. it's like no one's idea was ever rejected in the writing phase. most flashbacks in a cartoon ever.

Mumblefood said:
i've got many reviews as well... You'd be suprised how many people end up having some kind of experience that they don't forget. but i don't think i should spam about that anymore. I doubt many people here have the patience to listen through 2.5 hours of music alone in the dark, undistracted.

It's not that it is the ONLY way, I just made that extreme comment because i don't think people think ENOUGH in that way, when they should. The thing is, the POTENTIAL to have such an experience increases dramatically as the length does, if for no other reason that there's time to "shape" a person's mood and rollercoaster them through a nicely laid out emotional map.

foget it, niggas. You laugh, and i will continue entertaining those who actually give a damn. I don't mind that none of them are here.

so what, the rest of us don't have moving musical experiences? it's not so much that i don't have the patience to listen to music with my undivided attention for two hours, it's that i don't have the time. if it's such an enjoyable experience, i don't think patience is really going to be an issue, now, is it?

i think Opeth fans generally have the mentality that will lead them to listen to albums in their entirety, if that's what moves them. i do, more often than not, but i'm sure not tentative about hitting the shuffle button if that's what i am in the mood for.

we don't all respond to music in the same way. although i enjoy porcupine tree, i doubt i think nearly as highly of their work or am as 'moved' by it as that arrogant bastard SW is.

mysweetdeath said:
Opeth:
Orchid
Morningrise
MAYH
Still Life
Blackwater Park
Deliverance
Damnation

I find it very hard to believe, even tho you may be a very big fan, that you like EVERY song by opeth enough not to skip it. how can u not skip into the frost of winter just as one example?

anyways these are mine

Psycroptic
- The isle of disenchantment
- The sceptre of the ancients

Soilwork
- Stabbing the drama
- Figure number five

Opeth
- Deliverance
- Still life
- BWP

Symphony X
- Divine wings of tragedy
- The odyssey

Bloodbath
- RTC
- NMF (actually i tell i lie: i skip cancer of the soul, shit song that)

and the second cd of S&M by metallica, awesome shit.

In The Woods - Omnio
Primordial - The Gathering Wilderness
Opeth - MAYH
Morgion - Solinari, Cloaked By Ages...Crowned In Earth
Orphaned Land - Mabool
Agalloch - The Mantle
Nevermore - Dead Heart In A Dead World
Katatonia - Brave Murder Day
Ancient Rites - Dim Carcosa
Diabolical Masquerade - Nightwork
Madder Mortem - Mercury
Blind Guardian - Somewhere Far Beyond
Obituary - Cause Of Death

Opeth: Orchid, Morningrise, MAYH, Still Life, Blackwater Park, Deliverance, Damnation
Bloodbath: Nightmares Made Flesh, Resurrection Through Carnage.
Immortal: Sons Of Northern Darkness, At The Heart Of Winter.
Darkthrone: A Blaze In The Northern Sky, transilvanian hunger, Under A funeral moon.
Dark Funeral: Diabolis Interium.
Windir: Likferd, 1184
Death: Leprosy, Human.
Burzum: Aske, Hvis Lyset Tar Oss