Dream Evil cancel PPUSA, Replacement Announced

If it is Gene on drums and they do a cd signing it'll be a challenge as to what 2 or 3 things you decide to get signed! Please, for God's sake, don't anybody bring his entire catalog of cd covers...the line would take the entire 2 days of the fest to get through!!!

No. Because that's government bureaucracy at work. SOP. Been to a DOT office lately? That's enough to drive Ghandi to murder.

Seriously, a government job...any government job...is the ONLY job where you are REWARDED for mediocrity.

Don't blame the Government for Dream Evil's stupidity. They waited forever to get this done. They were told in APRIL that the paperwork was filed by Glenn, and they had to do the rest.

Sad news that Dream Evil won't be there. Stupidity on THIER part. Glenn thank you for your quick back-up plans and getting Forbidden in there. From what I have heard so far, they are going to be a shred fest!!! I think everyone will make the best of it and shred right along... Will still check out their set.

I was a little upset yes... And I do tend to enjoy the occasional cheese metal album. Nevertheless, those boys are flaky and it doesn't surprise me one bit they managed to fuck up the visa procedures....

And leave HAMMERFALL alone.... ;)

Maybe call them Dream Evfail? :D The Swedes speak good English but maybe Glenn should have you communicate with all Svenska bands from now on just to make sure they don't fuck up again. Then again if HammerFail could get here then they should've been able too. :devil:

Don't blame the Government for Dream Evil's stupidity. They waited forever to get this done. They were told in APRIL that the paperwork was filed by Glenn, and they had to do the rest.

True, but the government DOES make it more difficult than need be. I'll leave it at that, but there are PLENTY of examples to choose from to back this up. I don't want to derail this into a political thread. The system is what it is, and DE should know how to play that game by now.

Just curious.....will the t-shirt design be redone to include Forbidden or are they printed already?

I'm pretty sure the shirts are already printed, but I could be wrong...

What really pisses me off, is that in their statement they blame the US Embassy for their not being able to travel to the US, well guys it's your fault you put things off to the last minute and then filled out your paperwork wrong, the Embassy didn't fill it out you did, so Dream Evil it is your fault.

Ditto. As a one-time world traveller and general ne'er do well, I can attest that NO country will just roll over and let you enter to make money without proper paperwork. The fact that the U.S.A. will let you do so MONTHS in advance, and give you the opportunity to fix your f'ups is pretty great.

I was really looking forward to the silliness, and maybe a Snowy Shaw cameo... but I guess it was not meant to be.

Glenn - I'm guessing I know whem you got the news, mate. Situations like this just give opportunity for true professionals to show themselves. If it were even possible, I'm more impressed with ProgPower than ever.

Just curious.....will the t-shirt design be redone to include Forbidden or are they printed already?

Sorry, the shirts went to print recently (as announced on Twitter). We'll have duct tape available at the t-shirt table for those wishing to cover the DE logo. :loco:

~Jen

I heard Gene Hoglan was going to be doing their festival appearances. That'd be sweeeeeeeeeeet if he was there.

The Mountain That Plays. :worship:

He might need to have his own separate autographing line considering his many accomplishments. :)

I'm only half-kidding about this, BTW. He'd probably be up for it, too; he's always struck me as being very cool.

Not sure what I can contribute here that hasn't already been said but I too was looking forward to seeing Dream Evil but I just cannot begin to understand their lacksadaisical (Pellaz help me out here, that's a big word and I was publicly educated in Texas)

Damned government schools. :)

"Lackadaisical." You were close. :heh:

Sorry, the shirts went to print recently (as announced on Twitter). We'll have duct tape available at the t-shirt table for those wishing to cover the DE logo. :loco:

how about a small Forbidden patch we can sew on over the Dream Evil logo? :loco:

Now THAT's actually a nifty idea. Any vendors have a line on getting some Forbidden patches?

Hell, I may lead a pit as pissed as I am about Dream Evil.

If you do, you know Tim H. would have your back. :)

This change is a bit of an upgrade for me as well. Kudos to Glenn for the quick footwork!