Fave Live Albums

Leyth Mulla

Aug 1, 2010
Queen Creek, AZ
This may have been done before but here goes anyway...

What are your Top 10 favorite live albums? I find many of mine come from the 70's.

This was a hard list to make::D

1. Genesis - Seconds Out
2. Kansas - Two For The Show
3. Renaissance - Live At Carnegie Hall
4. Led Zeppelin - The Song Remains The Same
5. Deep Purple - Made In Europe
6. Peter Frampton - Frampton Comes Alive
7. Wishbone Ash - Live Dates
8. Barclay James Harvest - Live Tapes
9. Frank Marino & Mohagany Rush - Live
10. Camel - Never Let Go

Excellent Thread Leyth...here's mine but this could change depending on the mood I'm in...be easier to do a top 50 but it would take up too much space. :lol:

Kansas "Two For The Show" the 2 CD reissue
Be Bop Deluxe "Live In The Air Age"
UFO "Strangers In The Night"
Judas Priest "Unleashed In The East"
Uriah Heep "Live" 1973 Black Album
Humble Pie "Rockin' The Filmore"
Thin Lizzy "Live And Dangerous"
Jimi Hendrix "Band Of Gypsys"
Allman Brothers "Live At The Filmore East"
Deep Purple "Made In Japan"

Pat Traverse - Go for what you know (live)
Jethro Tull - Bursting Out
Rush - All the world's a stage
Kansas - 2 for the show
Frank Marino and Mahogany Rush - live
Kiss - alive 1
Judas priest - Unleashed in the east

*** hi guys, can't help but choose a few of the same ones as you......Kansas, Marino, and Priest are just too good. :)

The Frank Marino "Live" is amazing...wish it was a double CD from that era as Frank was on fire when those tracks were recorded...maybe someday Legacy will do it justice as they did with the amazing new version of Kansas "Two For The Show" that went from being and 1hr 20min to 2 1/2 hr...I'm sure Frank did a lot longer set on that tour.

The Frank Marino "Live" is amazing...wish it was a double CD from that era as Frank was on fire when those tracks were recorded...maybe someday Legacy will do it justice as they did with the amazing new version of Kansas "Two For The Show" that went from being and 1hr 20min to 2 1/2 hr...I'm sure Frank did a lot longer set on that tour.

I agree. I think more tracks from that tour made it to the next studio release (Tales Of The Unexpected) on Side 2. Still not a full concert between the two albums, though... :bah:

That would be so amazing.....I saw frank live , shortly after that live album came out in the 70's.....what a show. :worship:

I also bought the new version of the Kansas live.....many of my fav Kansas songs are on that extra cd. :)

That would be so amazing.....I saw frank live , shortly after that live album came out in the 70's.....what a show. :worship:

I also bought the new version of the Kansas live.....many of my fav Kansas songs are on that extra cd. :)

Yeah I feel the same way...to me the extra songs are some of the better material that I like anyway...Jeff Glixman did a great job of bringing those great unreleased moments back to life? Probably one of the greatest reissues ever done in my opinion...as the bonus stuff is amazing...if only half the reissues where that well done. :worship::kickass::headbang:

My top two -- live albums usually don't do it for me. :(

These two ? :worship:

ELP - Pictures at an Exhibition

Miriodor - Live at Nearfest