Forum Name Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mxgonzo said:
Hay!! Master Shake is mine!!:headbang:
Aww shit! We can't have 2 master Shakes on this forum. Maybe Greykiller can be Carl!
carl.jpg

He's gonna kill me now! :p

I'll wear a tag, but not for a "tag" day. With one piercing missing, that ain't gonna fly. :D

As for the corsets, it really depends on what kind you have. I usually attach any tag I have to wear to the shoulder strap.

I'm not big on the "Fuck you" thing either. I'm not so worried about kids reading them. There aren't a lot of kids around PP.

One of the things I love about PP is that everybody is so cool. I also like that the businesses in the area are starting to learn that most of the PP people are pretty cool. It increases the reputation of the festival with the community in which it takes place. If we start walking around with "Fuck you" name tags, it will harm that reputation. I'd rather not do that.

Besides, I just don't wear nametags. :p

Yippee38 said:
I'm not big on the "Fuck you" thing either. I'm not so worried about kids reading them. There aren't a lot of kids around PP.

One of the things I love about PP is that everybody is so cool. I also like that the businesses in the area are starting to learn that most of the PP people are pretty cool. It increases the reputation of the festival with the community in which it takes place. If we start walking around with "Fuck you" name tags, it will harm that reputation. I'd rather not do that.

I seriously doubt the Subway (or wherever) is going to turn away paying customers because they're wearing a humorous name tag that says "Fuck You". Money talks... much louder than a name tag. Also, I don't see how even if a local business is aware of the ProgPower group, why it would matter what their "reputation" is, how a name tag could hurt it, or why anyone would even care. Even so, when there were name tags at the fest 4 - 5 years ago, most people just took them off when they left the venue... and they didn't even say "Fuck You" on them! :lol: I don't understand why this would be an issue.

Yippee38 said:
Besides, I just don't wear nametags. :p

Now that I can understand! :)

I really wouldn't worry about that phrase with kids, lol. I'm sure most of us were using "fuck you" in middle school at least. Now if it said "Fuck me in my ass! My name is Trent"... -then-, i'd worry about the kids, lol.

Sumeet said:
I seriously doubt the Subway (or wherever)

I'm not talking about Subway. I'm talking more about businesses like hotels. You're right about the money though. As long as PP keeps selling out the hotels, they probably will turn a blind eye.

I guess it's just not my style.

Yippee38 said:
I'm not talking about Subway. I'm talking more about businesses like hotels. You're right about the money though. As long as PP keeps selling out the hotels, they probably will turn a blind eye.

I guess it's just not my style.
That's because you have style! I'll say fuck just as much as anyone, but I do agree that it sheds a bad light on PP. It basically feeds right into the stereotype that people have for metal heads.

Inside the Earthlink is one thing, but I think it would beyond crass to go wearing them around town. That's the kind of thing I'd expect to see at Ozzfest, not ProgPower. Its not about the kids and its not about the power of money, its about not acting like asses.

Status
Not open for further replies.