Glenn, what are the chances these guys will be booked for PPUSA?

Actually Matt's done :)
I on the other hand, have 30 people saying "Mehh, I'll buy them closer to the show.", whatever the hell that means :p
Rest of the band, I gots no clue, I'll check tonight at rehearsal.

Also, let me just go on record and say that Intromental's latest signing, melo-death band SILENMARA had 300+ paying people just to see them at a show in South Florida this past Saturday. \m/

Also, let me just go on record and say that Intromental's latest signing, melo-death band SILENMARA had 300+ paying people just to see them at a show in South Florida this past Saturday. m/

JUST to see THEM?
You mean it had NOTHING to do with the other 20+ bands who were playing the Cutler Bay Music and Art Festival???? ;)

JUST to see THEM?
You mean it had NOTHING to do with the other 20+ bands who were playing the Cutler Bay Music and Art Festival???? ;)

Jason,

Your attempt to be a dick failed.

I just got the actual number. 294 people actually said at the door they were there for Silenmara. That's without counting the average 2-10 people who were there to see each of the other bands. Not quite 300, but show me a local band that can bring that many people... Very few can and you know it damn well.

Next time before you try to be an ass, remember you don't know it all.

Never said I did.
Your comment read as if the band played their own gig and drew 300 people, which I proved was not the case.
It was part of a big festival with many bands.

That's awesome if they truly brought 300 people just to see them.

You failed to mention a large factor in that it was part of a festival which was part of the attraction.

Finally, if you have to resort to flaming back with "dick" and "ass", then all I can say in return is thicken up the skin a bit.

You are letting your fanboyism get in the way here....

They have been on Nuc Blast and Napalm.
Both labels have MANY European bands who have toured successfully here in the States.

Don't you think that if there US album sales (IE - the "interest") were strong, they would have toured here, esp within the past 10 years?

I don't think you're reading my post right. I'm saying they wouldn't be big enough of a draw.

Never said I did.
Your comment read as if the band played their own gig and drew 300 people, which I proved was not the case.
It was part of a big festival with many bands.

That's awesome if they truly brought 300 people just to see them.

You failed to mention a large factor in that it was part of a festival which was part of the attraction.

Finally, if you have to resort to flaming back with "dick" and "ass", then all I can say in return is thicken up the skin a bit.

Man, come on, you know very well that you're BS'ing now.

It was a festival and they were the best drawing band in the bill. I don't think anyone even came close. It was also in their hometown, which shows their drawing power at least there.

You came across as sarcastic as always, almost as if you're kind of trying to "expose" us for lying. All I'm trying to do is promote one of the bands we work with. They will work their asses off for us and we'll do the same thing for them. The moment someone tries to shut down their achievement, *just like you did*, guess what?

It's not about having thicker skin. But if you don't think you tried to make a little dig in your comment, you're in denial. You came across as a dick indeed. You know I like you and we have a lot of fun around here. I wonder how you'd feel if people did the same thing to Ghost in the Ruins...

Here's the bottom line.
I read it as, "Holy crap!!! A local metal band that can TRULY draw 300 people"?
So, yes, I was VERY skeptical about it, so I researched the type of show it was.
As I pointed out, it was a festival.

If this band can truly draw 300 at their own show with local openers, then you scored yourself gold!!!

Ok, since you brought up GITR, let's do it this way.

We sold over 100 presale tickets when we opened for Iced Earth.
Does that mean it would be justified to say, "GITR drew over 100 people at that show"
Absolutely not. People were buying tickets because, while they wanted to support us, they wanted to see Iced Earth, and would have gone with or without us there.

So, same with this festival. A lot of people who went there may have gone regardless if they were playing or not.

Bottom line is, it sounds like they played in front of a lot of people.
Hopefully they will continue to draw such numbers.

Man, come on, you know very well that you're BS'ing now.

It was a festival and they were the best drawing band in the bill. I don't think anyone even came close. It was also in their hometown, which shows their drawing power at least there.

You came across as sarcastic as always, almost as if you're kind of trying to "expose" us for lying. All I'm trying to do is promote one of the bands we work with. They will work their asses off for us and we'll do the same thing for them. The moment someone tries to shut down their achievement, *just like you did*, guess what?

It's not about having thicker skin. But if you don't think you tried to make a little dig in your comment, you're in denial. You came across as a dick indeed. You know I like you and we have a lot of fun around here. I wonder how you'd feel if people did the same thing to Ghost in the Ruins...

Ghost in the Ruins is off limits.....unless you cover a review of a comment.

As a side note....you didnt mention that it was there hometown...it was presented as if they were playing some out of town gig where they drew that many. It is great they draw that locally. There are lots of bands who dont draw that much in thier own hometown.

I don't think you're reading my post right. I'm saying they wouldn't be big enough of a draw.

I was replying to your comment of, "There would be interest"

I have liked GD for a VERY long time, so trust me, I am not bashing them.

There's just some bands who have never had love here.
Many of our german friends such as Rage, Running Wild, Sodom, GD, etc are all examples.

It's almost as if people stop with Accept, Helloween, Kreator, and / or Destruction. LOL..........

We did pretty damn good this past Saturday, its a very gem of a show/fest that draw as much as the cutler bay fest drew. Out of 1100+ wrist bands sold we had around 290 that said Silenmara on them :) Doesn't happen all the time so we defiantly savored the moment \m/ \m/

This band was going to headline MDF until they pulled out a few weeks before and they are still one of the most requested for MDF, CIT, and any other 'extreme' fest in the country....I definitely agree with your general point, although you're missing the greatest of the ones people 'care' about, BLIND GUARDIAN, but Sodom is very well loved and respected round these parts. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that, unlike Rage or Grave Digger, punk kids dig em too.

This band was going to headline MDF until they pulled out a few weeks before and they are still one of the most requested for MDF, CIT, and any other 'extreme' fest in the country....I definitely agree with your general point, although you're missing the greatest of the ones people 'care' about, BLIND GUARDIAN, but Sodom is very well loved and respected round these parts.

Sodom are over pricing themselves over here. Plus as much as people want to see them....will they actually go to see them. Just in the short time I have been helping at the Ragnarokkr fest....online...everyone is going...day of the actual show....about 80% never show up. Look at the first year where you came out and never even came to the show.

Here's the bottom line.
I read it as, "Holy crap!!! A local metal band that can TRULY draw 300 people"? So, yes, I was VERY skeptical about it, so I researched the type of show it was. As I pointed out, it was a festival.

Fair enough.

Jasonic said:
If this band can truly draw 300 at their own show with local openers, then you scored yourself gold!!!

They are the best-drawing metal band in South Florida. These guys have been at it for a while, and in the Miami-area, they do very well, and are starting to branch out. We're expecting their next album to come out by the end of the semester. Hopefully the music will speak for itself when it comes out. Also, their live show is pure effin' energy.

Jasonic said:
Ok, since you brought up GITR, let's do it this way.

We sold over 100 presale tickets when we opened for Iced Earth.
Does that mean it would be justified to say, "GITR drew over 100 people at that show" Absolutely not. People were buying tickets because, while they wanted to support us, they wanted to see Iced Earth, and would have gone with or without us there. So, same with this festival. A lot of people who went there may have gone regardless if they were playing or not.

Fair enough, but you're kind of comparing apples and oranges here. At the Iced Earth show, you were selling tickets for the Iced Earth show. People wanted to support you indeed, and it's awesome that they did that. But as you said, those 100 people you sold tickets to would likely have attended the show regardless of GITR being there (no offense meant).

Silenmara this past Saturday didn't have to sell any tickets in advance. They were the headliners of the outside stage. Those 294 people were there to see Silenmara, otherwise they probably wouldn't have said the band's name at the door (you know how some shows, they count how many people were there for each band? that's the idea). Do you see the difference here? They drew that many people based on their name alone - not a bigger headliner playing there that *everyone* wanted to see.

Jasonic said:
Bottom line is, it sounds like they played in front of a lot of people.
Hopefully they will continue to draw such numbers.

Finally, we agree again. The first and second rounds are on you now. I'll get the third and Bob gets the rest.

As a side note....you didnt mention that it was there hometown...it was presented as if they were playing some out of town gig where they drew that many. It is great they draw that locally. There are lots of bands who dont draw that much in thier own hometown.

Oh, I absolutely know that. I've worked with a band who drew exactly 289 less people than Silenmara did in a hometown show. :lol:

Sodom are over pricing themselves over here. Plus as much as people want to see them....will they actually go to see them. Just in the short time I have been helping at the Ragnarokkr fest....online...everyone is going...day of the actual show....about 80% never show up. Look at the first year where you came out and never even came to the show.

You can apply that to just about any show though. It's not like people bail exclusively on going to see certain bands.

Hey, I don't think there is ANY local band in Chicago (aside from MACABRE) who can draw 300 people JUST for them.
That is quite a feat indeed if it can be a repeatable occurence!