Guess The Returning Bands Thread...

Torn2Shreds

Jan 3, 2005
New Jersey
Ok everyone, I was just thinking about this the other day... Who are your guesses for the 2 bands returning to ProgPower USA... I say:

Gamma Ray (90 min. SAT slot)
Threshold (75 min. FRI slot)

***Remember Glenn has the 2 year rule in effect, so no repeat bands from ProgPower 5 or 6 will back***

Lets hear it!!!! :yell:

Evergrey as a headliner.
Mercenary as a number 3 slot.

I don't think Gamma Ray would be it, again, they're touring.

And you still owe me money. lol

Oh man, gonna have to go into my Swiss bank accounts... LOL.

Gamma Ray are touring, but maybe they could just do a One-Off for ProgPower, they have no September dates listed so far...

I think Dan Zimmerman otta come to the US with Freedom Call rather than Gamma Ray, personally.

I think Evergrey is gonna get a headliner spot, and Angel Dust nabs the fourth spot on the first day.

Superior or Vanden Plas (75 mins) and Evergrey (more likely Evergrey, but Superior or Vanden Plas would be great!) Vanden Plas makes sense to me as they hyave a new album coming out and went over very well as far as I know.

Pagan's Mind and Silent Force. Pagan's Mind in Friday's #2 slot, Silent Force in Saturday's #3 spot.

And while I'm at it, here's the headliners: Vision Divine and Nocturnal Rites.

Oh, and Dragonforce is getting in there at #4 on Saturday.

if it's Vanden Plas, I think I'll shit my pants for 7 months. for the other reason.

Bands I also hope it will not be: Pain of Salvation (more like Pain of thier never ending setlist.), Into Eternity, Pagan's Mind (I gave one of thier cd's a spin before PPIV, and nearly threw it out the window about 7 songs in), and Nightwish. (wouldn't it suck if they had no vocals? .. well.. actually, it might be fun. Scratch that.)

However, I do hope to see a return to the PP stage by Evergrey.. they fucking ROCKED. also acceptable would be motherfucking BRAINSTORM.. not that they're eledgable (fuck you, spellcheck), but i would like to see them back ASAP. SYX, Rage, or perhaps Blind Guardian?

Since I missed PPIII (PPIV was my first) I REALLY hope Gamma Ray is one of the returning bands. Angel Dust, Nightingale and Silent Force are a few others I also missed out on. I'd really love to see Circle II Circle again. Unfortunatly for me, I don't think it will be any of those bands.

Right from the beginning (and I've mentioned it in other threads) I've thought it would be Evergrey and Pagan's Mind. Those are my picks and I'm sticking to them.

I'd wish Gamma Ray, Blind Guardian or Symphony X. But somehow I don't think it'll be any of them. My first PP was V, so bottom line is I'd see any band from PPI-IV. I do hear PPIII was legendary, though...

Evergrey and/or Mercenary.....can't see Superior coming back (alas and damnit!) without new material to offer. Threshold are a possibility based on the "they're also playing PP UK and sometimes these things run in two's" theory.
Gamma Ray were on top of my "expected to return" list until they had the temerity to schedule a tour over here. (How DARE they?! :tickled: )

if I had my druthers, I'd say Mercenary and Pagan's Mind, since stupid me didn't make it to PP4. :erk:

Although with their huge PPUSA following each, I could see either Pain of Salvation and/or Evergrey returning as headliners. Personally I don't care for either, but I wouldn't mind if one or the other showed just to appease their fans. (but not both please)

And then I'd wish for the legendary Gamma Ray myself for a returning band in the opposite headlining spot. As far as I know, they are the only band to have the curtains pulled on them with the crowd screaming for more. And that fact alone should warrant a return if nothing else.

:Smug:

~Hoyt.