Guess The Returning Bands Thread...

AngraRULES said:
How amazing wouldn't it be if Glenn pulled the first ever Nightwish appearance with the new vocalist?

*wakes up*

That would be a total Glenn move.

I'm kinda hoping for Jag Panzer jut because my friends and I didn't start attending until PPIII, Onward would be cool too but I haven't heard anything from them in years.

If I had to hope for past bands I've seen; Gamma Ray for a headliner, Mercenary, Silent Force, Pagan's Mind and Threshold (missed them at III).

Evergrey's cool, I do have all the albums, but I've seen them a boatload of times and wouldn't mind seeing some of these other bands as much first :Spin:.

Andy Laudano said:
I don't see where people are getting that this is a "very powery lineup" from. I'd score it dead even right now.

Pyramaze - power
Savage Circus - POWER
Thunderstone - power

Wastefall - prog
Epica - prog
Freak Kitchen - I don't know much about them but from what I've read about them - prog

It very well may lean one way or another in the end, but for now everyone (with rare exceptions) should be satisfied. Glenn's done an amazing job so far ... and we haven't even gotten to the headliners. (I still say they will be Evergrey and Primal Fear!)

Yay, I'd say this is one of the more balanced lineups so far. I'm pretty stoked about everyone except Wastefall, I did like one of the samples up in the audio sectoin, I'd have to hear more though.

BABS said:
Oh come on Dub, you didn't like DT?

Geez, you're impossible!
No, and I'm totally with him on that!! YUK!!!!

I think that Evergrey is one of the likely bands, the other will be Pagan's Mind, Vanden Plas, or Threshold. I get an overall Power heavy feel about this year so far too -- even though someone here showed the score (I don't agree that FK or Epica are prog), so I do think that we'll be hearing more prog announcements. I also don't think that PoS is going to be involved in any shape, way, or form.

Overall, it is looking to be a great PP, as usual. I'm there no matter what!

AngraRULES said:
How amazing wouldn't it be if Glenn pulled the first ever Nightwish appearance with the new vocalist?

*wakes up*
If i am wrong and NIGHTWISH is a headliner, and Glenn has pulled off the coupe of the century, i will buy the beer, or any other drink you want.o_O :OMG: :hotjump:

Damnit!!!!!!! I think we can maybe rule out NOCTURNAL RITES FOR PPVII, if the cryptic clues still hold. They have just been announced as the final band for Chicago Power Fest in April.
So now i say that LANFEAR will get the #2 slot on Saturday
#4 on Friday goes to CLOUDSCAPE, and last but not least #5 slot for Friday NIGHTWISH (I WISH, and HOPE), #5 on Sat EVERGRAY

Rick Pierpont said:
I get an overall Power heavy feel about this year so far too -- even though someone here showed the score (I don't agree that FK or Epica are prog)

But you'd have to agree that they are both way closer to prog than power.

I've heard Epica's last album and they have a very orchestrated film score type sound. Nothing remotely power metal about them.

I'll admit I'm unfamilliar with Freak Kitchen but from what I've read on the band page and from how I've heard them described by the people who are stoked to see them they also sound much more prog than power.

I think the poeple saying "There's not enough prog in this lineup" already really mean "There's not enough of my favorite prog bands in this lineup."

I think the poeple saying "There's not enough prog in this lineup" already really mean "There's not enough of my favorite prog bands in this lineup."

No, what they really mean is "there isn't 10 prog bands playing, there's not enough prog."

lol.

Prog and Power, a very love-hate relationship. ;)

Pyramaze51 said:
If i am wrong and NIGHTWISH is a headliner, and Glenn has pulled off the coupe of the century, i will buy the beer, or any other drink you want.o_O :OMG: :hotjump:

In our dreams, dude. I would say that is the most impossible choice of them all. But I've already got them high on my guess list for next year.

I really have nothing new to add to the guesses but would certainly be pleased with:
Symphony X
Evergrey
Vanden Plas
Kamelot
Edguy
Gamma Ray
Jag Panzer
in that order.

AMBR said:
In our dreams, dude. I would say that is the most impossible choice of them all. But I've already got them high on my guess list for next year.

I really have nothing new to add to the guesses but would certainly be pleased with:
Symphony X
Evergrey
Vanden Plas
Kamelot
Edguy
Gamma Ray
Jag Panzer
in that order.
I know it's just a dream, and my "Highest Hopes" hehehehehe, but next year they will be at the top of my sponsorship list with a very very healthy $$$$$$ bid.