Headliners?

Just listened to the latest ROYAL HUNT (X)
Would be nice to see them as a headliner......

hahaha, nice discussion about Sabaton. But they won't be booked, we just don't like that kind of music. I have never seen them live and some people told me you have to experience them at least once. But I have already experienced Dragonforce and I think that is the limit for me :loco:

Rene

I make fun of Dragonforce to no end....incredible cheesiness and they can't play their instruments live (probably not in the studio either but who am I to judge). But Sabaton live at PPUSA last year was VERY entertaining and the lead vocalist was really nice when I talked to him. I am actually looking forward to their new album now because of that performance, and I never listened to them before. Didn't feel that way when I saw Dragonforce live. To each its own, but in my opinion: Sabaton > Dragonforce

If I can put my New Zealand 2 cents in this conversation (and in reality that is only worth half of the Euro cents!!), then having Vanden Plas, Redemption, Royal Hunt or Pain of Salvation as headliners - then I will be a very happy kiwi.

Gary

np: Terminal - Tree of Life. This is a very nice amalgamation of styles - metal, a little progressive, groovy. Nice.

If I can put my New Zealand 2 cents in this conversation (and in reality that is only worth half of the Euro cents!!), then having Vanden Plas, Redemption, Royal Hunt or Pain of Salvation as headliners - then I will be a very happy kiwi.

Gary

np: Terminal - Tree of Life. This is a very nice amalgamation of styles - metal, a little progressive, groovy. Nice.

+1 except PoS...I still have some double feelings since their last PP Europe headliner show

edit: Of course I cannot be a happy kiwi, my best shot would be a happy tulip :lol:

Unfortunately we will not announce the headliners this weekend. We simply need a little bit more time to arrange the most important details with the headliners. I just do not want to push things, but make sure that everything is arranged so that we are 100% sure to confirm the main acts for this year's ProgPower.

So please be patient, most likely we need an extra week.

Rene

Unfortunately we will not announce the headliners this weekend. We simply need a little bit more time to arrange the most important details with the headliners. I just do not want to push things, but make sure that everything is arranged so that we are 100% sure to confirm the main acts for this year's ProgPower.

So please be patient, most likely we need an extra week.

Rene

Shame! We'll still be waiting in eager anticipation though! Hope you can get everything sorted soon!

I wouldn't mind Masterplan headlining one of the nights.
At Vance would be a nice addition as well :loco:

What's with the traditional/power metal fetish here? :p

I'm talking quality :)
In my opinion Masterplan and At Vance are just as traditional or prog as Pagan's Mind. Ah, it's all a matter of labeling right?

Btw. Me thinks that Fates Warning would be a nice headliner as well.
They will be out on tour playing the Parallels album in the original line up!