Headliners Prediction

Glenn said a power/prog band and a power band, Iced Earth doesnt really fit either. But with the big news he might have changed his mind or something :<

Angra from the prog/power band and Rhapsody (of fire) for the power band.

I'd surely be there without regards to school schedule.

Would the festival sell-out based on the Brainstorm name alone? Of course not.

I am a dumb man.
That out of the way, can you tell me why you think you would not sell out with Brainstorm as the headliner?

He did not say it would not sell out, he said it wouldn't sell out based only on the fact that Brainstorm was headlining. Something like Nightwish playing one night only with Tarja or Ayreon playing a show with all the members would be the other extreme where the band alone could sell out progpower easily. More realistically bands like Blind Guardian or Iced Earth would guarantee a sellout so long as they didn't have extensive US tours.

He did not say it would not sell out, he said it wouldn't sell out based only on the fact that Brainstorm was headlining. Something like Nightwish playing one night only with Tarja or Ayreon playing a show with all the members would be the other extreme where the band alone could sell out progpower easily. More realistically bands like Blind Guardian or Iced Earth would guarantee a sellout so long as they didn't have extensive US tours.

Maybe my point got buried.

I stated that the show would never sell out based on one band. It will sell out based on whatever lineup Glenn chooses. It is just a question of how fast it sells out. It WILL sell out no matter who headlines.

I would LOVE to know how many repeat ticket buyers there are every year. 600? 1000? As a GB holder I no longer have to worry about getting my ticket but I would worry (and make my purchase on day one) about a sellout every year if I had to buy a regular ticket for the show. No matter WHO headlines.

AT This point Im sure that I will go to the show because of Iron Saviour and elvenking! But I trully beleive that 2 of this bands should be 2008 headliners!

ICED EARTH
GAMMA RAY
HELLOWEEN

You all take care my friends!:kickass::headbang::headbang::headbang:

Glenns silence on the whole subject of I.E. has me thinking that maybe some of these predictions are right.

He's also been fairly silent on the topic of Morgana Lefay...

Iced Earth and Morgana Lefay for ProgPower IX!!!!

Haha. But, using that logic, we'd also have several other bands as headliners when there's only 2 slots to be filled.

I guess we just have to wait and see. Glenn's done a right good job of putting me on the edge of my seat for this announcement.

I have had no contact with Brainstorm. However, I do see them as a future secondary headliner at some point easily. They are headlining their own tour in Europe (Pagan's Mind in support). They were suppose to co-headline a tour with Evergrey (until they pulled out) so that puts them on an equal status as a previous headliner at this festival in the eyes of promoters. They sell more records than some of my controversial headline choices such as Jorn and After Forever. Plus, they assured their status with their last appearance here as they easily stole the entire friggin' show. They would jump to the top just as Edguy did at PP III.

Would the festival sell-out based on the Brainstorm name alone? Of course not. However, if there ever was a new headliner finally on the horizon in our genres, Brainstorm is it.

Evergrey (3 high profile US tours under their belt, Headbangers Ball guest appearance and video play etc) is bigger in the US than Brainstorm, who has very little experience here. That's the main difference imho.

Although, one could argue that it was because of you that Evergrey is where they are today as far as popularity in the States goes. It's a valid argument.

Glenn said a power/prog band and a power band, Iced Earth doesnt really fit either. But with the big news he might have changed his mind or something :<

I don't fancy Iced Earth either. I wouldn't mind seeing them live, to be sure, but I think your bias opinion has you way off the mark with your statement here.

I don't fancy Iced Earth either. I wouldn't mind seeing them live, to be sure, but I think your bias opinion has you way off the mark with your statement here.

Does Matt Barlow's return now play a possible role in this decision? If Glenn could book "THE RETURN OF ICED EARTH" as a headline, that WOULD be pretty big!!!

And as somone who has seen them live twice, they are a GREAT live band, and their set list is usually exceptional.....

Wonder how much longer Glenn is going to make us suffer waiting to see who are the 2 headliners??? LOL

Wonder how much longer Glenn is going to make us suffer waiting to see who are the 2 headliners??? LOL

Glenn in his office overseeing his kingdom of metal minions writhing and begging for him to tell us what he knows! He laughs menacingly knowing in what pain we are in. Oh the evil sorcery...

I vote Edguy and Rhapsody

Chances are, it's not two power metal bands. This was pretty much always the case with ProgPower. At least one of the headliners always had some progressive influence.

Chances are, it's not two power metal bands. This was pretty much always the case with ProgPower. At least one of the headliners always had some progressive influence.

True. Glenn has stated that one of the bands would be a power-metal no-brainer, and the other would be a prog/power band of headliner stature. Both would "cement" the ProgPower name.

So, it will probably be one-and-a-half knockdown dragout big power bands. :)