Headliners Prediction

METAL CHURCH reunion show (Blessing in Disguise/Human Factor line up)
WATCHTOWER
:kickass:
Failing that BRAINSTORM & NOCTURNAL RITES.

Dude, if I got to see Mike Howe with MC I would probably have to steam my pants off later they would be so stuck on my body. That is one band I have been into for 20 years and NEVER seen. And the Mike Howe era......sorry. He blows away either David Wayne or Ronny Munroe. I don't care how seminal the David Wayne records are.....Howe's were just better.

What about something crazy like an ARK reunion? I know they're not a huge name, but reunions seem like a big draw to me. Besides, Glenn's already gotten a Conception reunion out of Tore. I say bring that sucker back. Just trying to think up a headliner worthy band to fill that prog slot.

More realistically, I see Symphony X, because PL is a phenomenal album.

There's definitely NOT going to be a BG/IE tag team with the Demons and Wizards set. 12 bands leaves zero room for a special set. We might see one or two of those three, but definitely not all three.

I'm surprised that Dio is out of the ball park. You'd like some of these big bands would take a smaller dollar figure just for the chance to do a special set. Tell him you're not paying normal Dio price because you don't want a normal Dio set. Of course the cynic in me says he'd ask for more money because of the effort involved in preparing a different set.

And who would do vocals?

Certainly not Jorn?

Yah. Mac told us at the clinic that he doesn't think it'll ever happen. However, an album is already written and recorded. They just lack vocals. I don't know why somebody isn't lined up and asked to do the vocals. JSS would be a great choice.

I think Iced Earth would be a good gamble, plus it fulfills the "reunion" option that we've seen at PP from time to time.

I still think that Ripper is an amazing singer, and I hope he works with somebody really awesome next!

I'm not holding my breath for a Savatage 25th, 26th, 27th, 28th, 29th, 30th, 31st, 32nd, etc, etc show.

I don't see the reason for it anymore.

Sure it would be cool to have a special show with various members throughout the band's history on stage. But to me, JOP is Savatage. Its Savatage music.

As good as Johnny Lee Middleton, Chris Caffery, Al Pitrelli and Jeff Plate may be, the boys in JOP are very good as well.

My prediction is Iced Earth for 2 reasons...
1. Glenn posted before that he wanted Iced Earth but Jon didn't get back to him because of his fathers death. Now Jon and IE are back to touring.
2. Glenn loves to give us special shows and even though IE tour here and will do a huge tour here I think that he will pull of PP being the kick off. He also knows that the majority of us believe that Barlow is THE Vocalist of IE.

I believe that the other band will be from Europe. This may be faulty reasoning but I think if Iced Earth plays it will save Glen money because he will save on air fare and visas. Thus having money to bring over one of the bigger european acts. Some say Rhapsody is more expensive so I don't know if thats true but if so that could fit. The other option if your looking at special acts would be a Demons and Wizards set the other night. Now I do not know how many other members of BG are in D&W other than Hansi but I could see D&W being the other headliner and I dont think just by having D&W that you have to have a BG play.

Also I dont know why but I cant stop thinking that Gamma Ray will play no reasoning other than a gut feeling.

I know one thing for certain: Iced Earth will play ProgPower USA at one point. Whether it's this year, next, or somewhere down the line...before that band decides to quit, they will headline this festival. They are one of the few bands remaining that are truly NO BRAINER headliners that have yet to play PPUSA.

This may be faulty reasoning but I think if Iced Earth plays it will save Glen money because he will save on air fare and visas.

Interesting idea, i hadn't thought of that. It would certainly help to open the door for 2 additional bands....

I could see D&W being the other headliner and I dont think just by having D&W that you have to have a BG play.

Technically, that would invalidate the "Returning" band clue. If there was one, I can't remember.

My prediction is Iced Earth for 2 reasons...
1. Glenn posted before that he wanted Iced Earth but Jon didn't get back to him because of his fathers death. Now Jon and IE are back to touring.
2. Glenn loves to give us special shows and even though IE tour here and will do a huge tour here

Err, probably not with Matt now fronting the band. The press releases (or Jon's statements) have all stated that there would be limited touring since Matt will continue his fulltime job as a police officer.

Of course, this is even better for ProgPower if IE were to headline, since an exclusive performance, or one of just a few select dates, would 'cement the ProgPower name' even more. :headbang:

I believe that the other band will be from Europe. This may be faulty reasoning but I think if Iced Earth plays it will save Glen money because he will save on air fare and visas.

Hmmm, maybe, maybe not. Glenn has wanted to book IE before and the stumbling block, per Glenn, has always been a matter of money. If IE is headlining, I doubt he's saving much money. :)

Also I dont know why but I cant stop thinking that Gamma Ray will play no reasoning other than a gut feeling.

I have the same gut feeling. Glenn has been careful to state on the Forum that, although Gamma Ray had to have the curtain pulled on them at their last PP performance, he doesn't hold it against them. :kickass: