Headliners Prediction

I think obviously after the announcement that Matt barlow is back in ICED EARTH the obvious headliners will be Iced Earth and Blind Guardian. and for the final night, a special demons and wizards set. :headbang::worship:

Glenn, you know this would be the ultimate.

Don't get me wrong.....I like Brainstorm....but festival headliners they are not.

I have had no contact with Brainstorm. However, I do see them as a future secondary headliner at some point easily. They are headlining their own tour in Europe (Pagan's Mind in support). They were suppose to co-headline a tour with Evergrey (until they pulled out) so that puts them on an equal status as a previous headliner at this festival in the eyes of promoters. They sell more records than some of my controversial headline choices such as Jorn and After Forever. Plus, they assured their status with their last appearance here as they easily stole the entire friggin' show. They would jump to the top just as Edguy did at PP III.

Would the festival sell-out based on the Brainstorm name alone? Of course not. However, if there ever was a new headliner finally on the horizon in our genres, Brainstorm is it.

I have had no contact with Brainstorm. However, I do see them as a future secondary headliner at some point easily. They are headlining their own tour in Europe (Pagan's Mind in support). They were suppose to co-headline a tour with Evergrey (until they pulled out) so that puts them on an equal status as a previous headliner at this festival in the eyes of promoters. They sell more records than some of my controversial headline choices such as Jorn and After Forever. Plus, they assured their status with their last appearance here as they easily stole the entire friggin' show. They would jump to the top just as Edguy did at PP III.

Would the festival sell-out based on the Brainstorm name alone? Of course not. However, if there ever was a new headliner finally on the horizon in our genres, Brainstorm is it.

That is cool...I like to hear that!!!

I do see them as a future secondary headliner at some point easily.

I can see that..........my opinion was in regards to Brainstorm headlining the 08 festival.

They sell more records than some of my controversial headline choices such as Jorn and After Forever.

This is not surprising at all as their sound is much more accessible to the U.S. crowd. To be honest, I never understood the Jorn headline. I am not trying to bust your balls here, I just didn’t see Jorn solo as a headline act at that time.

Then again, if you had me picking bands for you ....well.....lets just say there probably would not be a PP In 08. Hell, there may not have been one for the last several years based on my picks....:lol:....that is why I am not a promoter and you are......:)

Plus, they assured their status with their last appearance here as they easily stole the entire friggin' show.

I was not there but I understand they slayed....... and again, that does not suprise me. I don't doubt they would slay again and I am sure they would be enjoyed by all.

Would the festival sell-out based on the Brainstorm name alone? Of course not.

And thus, my opinion, that based on the 08 line up, they are not the missing link that makes this lineup what it could,should, or will be.

However, if there ever was a new headliner finally on the horizon in our genres, Brainstorm is it

I am not doubting future headlining staus as the talent is there, the fanbase is there, but the time is not now. That was my point.

Too bad about no Avantasia, when I heard about the Scarecrow lineup and listened to the 2 eps, i pretty much thought they'd be the ones in the bag, but yeah, I forgot about how big Tobias Sammett is in Europe now. Iced Earth with Barlow is my guess at this point. D/W would be nice but isn't Hansi going to be in the studio at that time?

I think obviously after the announcement that Matt barlow is back in ICED EARTH the obvious headliners will be Iced Earth and Blind Guardian. and for the final night, a special demons and wizards set. :headbang::worship:

Glenn, you know this would be the ultimate.
Not to blow my own horn or anything, but if this does happen, I was the FIRST to call it. You can all thank me later. LOL!

Absolutely well put!

Glenns silence on the whole subject of I.E. has me thinking that maybe some of these predictions are right.I'm hoping that something mind blowing happens,since I'm leaning heavily away from coming this year.financial hardships in terms of vacation choices plus the wife has followed me to Atlanta for 4 out of the last 5 and she doesn't really care for the music.
Shock and awe campaign for Glenn to make my decision for me....C'mon Glenn,DO IT!

Glenn said a power/prog band and a power band, Iced Earth doesnt really fit either. But with the big news he might have changed his mind or something :<

I am a dumb man.
That out of the way, can you tell me why you think you would not sell out with Brainstorm as the headliner? You only had one show that did not sell out since III, right?

If you take it as a given the show will sell out, does it make a huge difference financially if the show sells out in a week vs a month?

Say, you put in a band like Iced Earth, and maybe 150 people who would not normally go to the show buy tickets and that causes the show to sell out in a week. Or, you put in a band like Brainstorm, those 150 people do not jump in on the first day, and the show sells out in a month.

Obviously the show will never sell out based on a single name (unless the name was Rush, Dio, DT...) but it will sell out...we are just talking about the speed at which it happens, right?

And if that is the case, One would think that agonizing over the last two choices is pretty pointless on our part.

Although if Iced Earth DID headline, we could probably convince a fourth to drive up with us and share the cost of the room and gas...:heh: