Helloween Must Headline and...

nightwish58

Feb 11, 2002
New York
Visit site
a special guest appearance by Michael Kiske would be the icing on the cake. He just recently said he would not mind doing a one off show with his former band mates. If someone is going to make this happen, I know it's Glenn. I never think he can top himself, but somehow he always seems to come through (Conception!!!)- probably the best show I have ever seen in my life; man do i fuckin love that band!

I know new headliners are now becoming few and far between, so this at least to me sounds like an option at the very least. I hope I'm not way off with your actual plans for next year as this would truly be an experience of a lifetime. What better way to close out PP VII than with Kiske singing Eagle Fly Free live at the Earthlink in Atlanta, G.A. Glenn, please make this happen!!!!:headbang:

What kind of hypocrite is this guy? Basically sounds like "I hate metal but if there's some money in it, I'm in." Be more decisive Kiske!!! :loco:

I know this would hold a lot of nostalgia value, but personally, I prefer Deris over Kiske anyway. Nonetheless, it would be cool to see that happen... but Helloween has been able to headline clubs in the US recently anyway, so it seem less likely that they would now be playing ProgPower.

My dream would come true to see Kiske with Helloween. That and Dark Moor with Elisa and I am set! :)

nightwish58 said:
a special guest appearance by Michael Kiske would be the icing on the cake. He just recently said he would not mind doing a one off show with his former band mates. If someone is going to make this happen, I know it's Glenn. I never think he can top himself, but somehow he always seems to come through (Conception!!!)- probably the best show I have ever seen in my life; man do i fuckin love that band!

I know new headliners are now becoming few and far between, so this at least to me sounds like an option at the very least. I hope I'm not way off with your actual plans for next year as this would truly be an experience of a lifetime. What better way to close out PP VII than with Kiske singing Eagle Fly Free live at the Earthlink in Atlanta, G.A. Glenn, please make this happen!!!!:headbang:

Well Kiske said that he would be glad to unite with Helloween for next years Wacken Open Air. I hope that happens as I will be attending wacken open air 2006 !!!

Barking Pumpkin said:
What kind of hypocrite is this guy? Basically sounds like "I hate metal but if there's some money in it, I'm in." Be more decisive Kiske!!! :loco:

I got problems with Kiske's comments too, and I like Andi and what he's done with the band, but it still would be cool if something like this happens...say, Eagle Fly Free with Kiske AND Andi trading verses..now that would be very nice indeed.:devil:

I'm not interested in Helloween in it's current lineup.

However, I would love to see Gamma Ray at PPVII and that would be a great chance to get Kiske on stage.

adaher said:
I'm not interested in Helloween in it's current lineup.

However, I would love to see Gamma Ray at PPVII and that would be a great chance to get Kiske on stage.

Hey, I'm with you on Gamma Ray!!!! That's cool if u aren't interested in Helloween, but the idea of a one off type reunion (w/ Kiske) seems cool to me.

Oh, I'd love to see the classic lineup, I just said I had no interest in a Helloween without Kiske or Hansen. I don't think they've released anything good since Keeper II.

adaher said:
Oh, I'd love to see the classic lineup, I just said I had no interest in a Helloween without Kiske or Hansen. I don't think they've released anything good since Keeper II.

That's about it right there. The Keepers line up was the best. Sorry, Andi is not as good as Kiske nor is Kai. Yes, Kiske is a twisted Psyco, but the dude can sing. Listen to the ballad he did on Aina. Love him or hate him, there is no getting out of the fact the he was part of the two albums that started all of this. kEEPERS 1 & 2 . If you don't like Keeepers then you more than likely did not grow up with them when they first came out.

Kiske, if anything, is a better singer now than he was then. He was all high register back then, now he's got a lot more passion and subtlety.

If he made a real metal album today it would blow away everything he ever did before. If only Sammet could get him into the studio to just sing 12 songs written by Sammet and put it out as a solo album.

adaher said:

The Keeper discs are certainly classics, and "genre defining" and all, but I found the 4 albums with the Deris / Weikath / Grapow / Grosskopf / Kusch lineup to be just as good or better.

Love Helloween,love GammaRay,since Kai leave the band he is always creating good music,and Helloween still making great too without Kai and Kiske,the positive think about this....2great bands(skip Chameleon and pink for some):puke: and Kiske great singer but i don't have anything positive to say about him really$$$$making projects and later stabbing in the back saying "i did for one verse,but i don't like it":yuk:

adaher said:
Kiske, if anything, is a better singer now than he was then. He was all high register back then, now he's got a lot more passion and subtlety.

If he made a real metal album today it would blow away everything he ever did before. If only Sammet could get him into the studio to just sing 12 songs written by Sammet and put it out as a solo album.

I bet it would, especially if someone like Sneap or Roy Z produced it..but alas..someone has to offer him enough $$$ to do it..that's the way he seems to be now.