Iced Earth - Power Metal?

Well as I have learned everyone put bands in thier own definitions. I've always known bands like DT, IF, Bal-sagoth, sacrilege(rip), sentenced, CoB, Withchery, Sceptic, darkseed, etc, etc to be black metal. Stuff like Cradle of filth, Dimmu, Emperor, etc, etc to be of a goth metal decent.

Tho the reality of it all whatever catogiry we all place the bands doesnt matter does it? What matters is that they fucking rock and we like em. *hail*

And I am planning to take the trip to Atlanta to the progmetal fest.... I wont let Edguy, Gammaray, and BG come here without seeing them... I just cant.

I'm also going to see Iced Earth, In flames and Jag panzer 4/29 anyone seen them yet? How was the show?

-Satan

Originally posted by satanistical

I'm also going to see Iced Earth, In flames and Jag panzer 4/29 anyone seen them yet? How was the show?

Read the "Iced Earth/In Flames concert reviews" in this forum from General Zod and Maestro_Al - both excellent and informative reviews (from a fan and non-fan respectively).

I'm not quite sure how Dimmu Borgir or Cradle of Filth would fall into goth metal?????

Bands like Lake of Tears, Tristania, Autumn Tears, Sins Of Thy Beloved, Trail of Tears, Paradise Lost etc are more like Gothic metal.