Introducing your first douchebag bootlegger: Leonel Perez of Perfect Prog Magazine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the present thread i have to say this:

-All videos posted on youtube about progpowerusa X are removed, if glenn contact me with a polite decent email and ask me nicelly to remove the videos i would remove them inmediatly, but instead he insulted and threatened me, but even with that email i decided to remove them myself, no problem, they were just a few little short vids anyway, i do this because i love progressive metal music and i want to help spread the word about it and give the bands the exposure they deserve, i made no profit at all for this, to the contrary, i have to pay for server expenses, design, updates and everything and i do it just to promote progmetal to the fans, if progpowerusa dont want that, thats ok, i will not post the videos just tell me and thats all, i had no problem with that. BTW i only upload vids from the showcase because there was not restriction about cameras that day, the days of the festival friday and sat i didnt even brought the camara to the venue, i took pics with the musicians and friends only with my cel.

Then you should've gotten Glenn's (for ProgPower itself) or Shane's (for the showcase) permission before you went and started taking videos and posting them up on the website/youtube, regardless of what purpose they were ultimately for. Yes, the no digitcams/video taking policy also applied for the Showcase as well. It is a noble thing in an attempt to spread exposure for these bands - Lord only knows they could use more - but perhaps if you've gotten permission, he could've very well have given you press access to allow photos/video to be taken for this purpose.

I guess chalk this one up as a lesson learned.

-All videos posted on youtube about progpowerusa X are removed, if glenn contact me with a polite decent email and ask me nicelly to remove the videos i would remove them inmediatly, but instead he insulted and threatened me, but even with that email i decided to remove them myself, no problem, they were just a few little short vids anyway, i do this because i love progressive metal music and i want to help spread the word about it and give the bands the exposure they deserve, i made no profit at all for this, to the contrary, i have to pay for server expenses, design, updates and everything and i do it just to promote progmetal to the fans, if progpowerusa dont want that, thats ok, i will not post the videos just tell me and thats all, i had no problem with that. BTW i only upload vids from the showcase because there was not restriction about cameras that day, the days of the festival friday and sat i didnt even brought the camara to the venue, i took pics with the musicians and friends only with my cel.

Leonel

dude, what the hell? you had NO right to take those videos - what part of "no recording" do you not understand?!?!!? it's all over everything to do with this festival - respect the rules!

Just as to the first point, the rules about recording video of the sets have been in place for years now. Any regular attendee, on the forum or otherwise, cannot claim lack of awareness of them. With the videos from previous years up...

well...I just don't see any wiggle room in there.

-About the redemption cd i brought at the venue and i didnt knew it was not for sale yet! sorry for that, i removed the cd from the product list!, btw i was selling it with no profit at all (just like all cds on the store), just to help the band because here in mexico its almost imposible to buy progresive metal albums!!, anyway i removed that also, sorry for that nick! (btw nice seeing you and i hope everything goes well, you will beat this i know!)

-And about the oficcial distribution of Nightmare records in mexico let me tell you we had the full permision of Lance King to do this, he even authorize the banners, the text and all the website has about this, i dont know why lance says that this is "news from him!", thats not true, i know him for years and im a regular costumer of his site and he give me good prices for the reselling/distro in mexico, i even have ALL THE EMAILS he sent me authorizing this distribution, and he even had (in his old NMR website) a banner from perfectprog, i wrote lance and ask him to clarify this issue, i hope he does the right thing.

-Im friend of most of the musicians and no one never ask me to remove a video, contrary to that everyone thanked me for the support, i give away thirts, canvas, stickers, etc, all sort of publicity for free to the bands and promoters, i even invite several bands to play in mexico like Hourglass and others, and we make several concerts here always with a lot of loose of money of my wallet! because here its very hard to people to understand this kind of music, i want to end that, im a musician myself and we need help to promote our music, progressive metal its the most beautiful kind of music, a few videos wont hurt any band!

Im sorry if the videos hurt some feelings to the musicians of anyone, i just wanted to promote the music, this kind of music need more exposure thats all i can say, if you dont want me in the festival no more thats ok, no problem but dont do such a big thing about this.

Leonel

Everything you have said is just a play on words, and what you think is right and what you think you have a right to do. Just because you love the music doesn't make what you did right, on the contrary, it has alwyas been stated that "NO VIDEOS" shall be taken, you broke the rules, and now are trying to deny you did. Short videos? I beg to differ with you, some were short but a majority were 2 minutes or more and in some cases 6 minutes in length. The rules are there for everyone, you included.

Everything you have said is laced with falsehoods, and more deceit, and you will still try and say you did nothing wrong, but now people are wise to you.

Just because you MAY be friends with the bands it still doesn't give you the right to video tape at a festival where you have been told NO VIDEO TAPING, here again deceit on your part. In everything you have said above you have only tried to justify why you broke the rules, and we ain't listening.

I believe Lance has addressed his issues with you already so i won't say anything else on that.

You Cheated, you broke the rules, you got caught end of story.

Leonel, while your intentions may have been good, i.e. promoting the bands and their music, you have to admit, you knew the rules and broke them. We at Beyond Ear Candy metal radio have the very same intentions and are able to do just that, promote the bands and the festival within the confines of what is allowed. We feel no need to post video to have the same impact.

john im sorprice at you, i not trying to deny the videos, im just telling you that no one likes to be insulted and threatened and if you have a little of education you ask for things nicelly, i know i did wrong and for that im sorry, i was trying to help, nothing more, i always helped the promoters and sites and bands of this kind of music for free because i like their work, i help a lot to progpower and many many promoters and sites, and bands, with my own expense, sorry for the videos i didnt knew this were such a big thing, i apologize for this, it will never happen againg, im just so exited in the concerts that i cant help myself to took vids and pics, next time i wont bring my camera to any concert i attend to in the future, and btw, nothing in my site is wrong, if i made mistakes im sorry just let me know

-All videos posted on youtube about progpowerusa X are removed, if glenn contact me with a polite decent email and ask me nicelly to remove the videos i would remove them inmediatly, but instead he insulted and threatened me, but even with that email i decided to remove them myself, nel

So you are the one "wronged" in this situation? Your grand jesture has made all the wrong you did right now? Short clips? You have been bootlegging videos for a few years now. How else do you explain something like the 7 minute long Spheric Universe Experience clip?

Your explanation for the Showcase is total bullshit. Don't play the ignorance card. Shane nailed you during the show and then you still went home and uploaded the videos that you did get away with. You even told Shane you deleted the footage and that your batteries died.

Insult you via email? Hell, I held back. Show the world what I said. I don't mind.

I actually believe you when it comes to the you aren't making anything out of it, etc, etc. However, why not man up and say, "yeah, I fucked up, I knew it was wrong, and I'm sorry." I would have probably let it go then. However, I'm in awe that you come back here claiming to be the victim.

I stand by my original declaraion. You knew it was wrong and then you attemp to justify it. I'm going to leave this thread and your account active for now. I think everyone has the right to tell you how they feel and for you to see it before I ban your account again and let Deron have at your ISP.

His logic for helping bands out is similar to 'well I ripped and uploaded to a torrent their album to spread the word about them because I think they are such a great band.'

And even if that helps the band get exposure, it doesn't make it your right to do so.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammn, now that's funny! As for getting the bands name out there on youtube videos, I think them playing Progpower USA the greatest and largest true metal show in the USA gets the band names out there just fine. This guys got an excuse for everything, I'm glad he got caught due to his own stupidity.

I'm glad you got caught, dickhead. I am one of the people that enjoyed bringing my camcorder/ digicam to the shows in years past. I took thousands of pictures and yes, I even shot some video for personal use. Never once has any of my video hit the internet, and once Glenn came out with the rules regarding camera's and videotaping etc...I have not brought any cams back to Atlanta. Rules are rules, and you broke them knowingly and without remorse. I hope you get banned forever because you are a piece of shit that has ruined things for everybody else.

pprog, you say "if you have a little of education you ask for things nicelly". You cantradict yourself with this statement.

1: Were you not confronted by staff and told video taping was not allowed?
Apparently, you were. Yet you held no respect for the policy set forth by
the promoter.
2: Knowing the policy at that point, did you seek permission from the promoter
before posting the video provided your "intentions" as you stated above?
It is pretty obvious that you did not.

I am sorry, but "if you have a little of education you ask for things nicelly" then you would not have posted the videos without asking permission. For that reason, I have no respect for you.

This festival is very respected and held in high regards to the bands, promoters, the crew, and most importantly, the fans. They will rise to the occasion and protect this special event, as is evidenced by this thread. It seems you have rallied the forces and it is going to be fun seeing how they join forces to keep this from happening again next year.

So you are the one "wronged" in this situation? Your grand jesture has made all the wrong you did right now? Short clips? You have been bootlegging videos for a few years now. How else do you explain something like the 7 minute long Spheric Universe Experience clip?

Your explanation for the Showcase is total bullshit. Don't play the ignorance card. Shane nailed you during the show and then you still went home and uploaded the videos that you did get away with. You even told Shane you deleted the footage and that your batteries died.

Insult you via email? Hell, I held back. Show the world what I said. I don't mind.

I actually believe you when it comes to the you aren't making anything out of it, etc, etc. However, why not man up and say, "yeah, I fucked up, I knew it was wrong, and I'm sorry." I would have probably let it go then. However, I'm in awe that you come back here claiming to be the victim.

I stand by my original declaraion. You knew it was wrong and then you attemp to justify it. I'm going to leave this thread and your account active for now. I think everyone has the right to tell you how they feel and for you to see it before I ban your account again and let Deron have at your ISP.

I did bust you with your camera Leonel, and your battery was conveniently dead. You were caught red-handed, and you still went home and posted the vidoes that you got away with.

I want you to just man up that I did bust you with the camera, and that you were taking video. Then straight up lied to me and went on tp post what you had taken on youtube anyway. AFTER you told me you deleted it all. Tell me I'm lying.... Because I do have a witness to this.

You are a con-artist, and a thief, plain and simple. I know the full story with Lance, and you are completely twisting everything. Lies and Deceit as John said. Don't play the victim, Man up dude. Just apologize!!!!!! C'Mon!!!!!!!

Shane

john im sorprice at you, i not trying to deny the videos

Your surprised at me??? Why? Because i think what you did is wrong and said it was "Lies and Deceit" I stand by what i said? You are not the victim, Shane and the Showcase are the victims, as well as Glenn and Progpower USA, and all the fans that attend this great show. I stand by what I said "Lies and Deceit" I totally 150% back Shane and Glenn, and vendors, the sponsors, and especially the fans.

Leonel,

All you did was three things: A) You burned yourself beyond recognition in this community, B) You burned PerfectProg beyond a crisp, C) You insulted a promoter who is probably one of the most respected in the US metal scene. I know that there is a cavalier mentality that goes throughout the music industry in Latin America. Ask any Mexican Mariachi band that plays the Karate Center in the South Bronx, and ask why they get $25-50 per show when 1000 people show up. It permeates throughout the Latin music scene where bootlegging gets the look away, artists are ripped off with merely a shrug, and promoters rob fans with bad sound and unsafe conditions. The problem is that once you cross the mainstream in North America, the rules change. Bootlegging can get you killed or sued, robbing artists and fans destroy reps (see Koshick, Jack), and unsafe conditions will get your venue closed.

You can spin this any way you want, but the truth of the matter is that you broke the rules and you tried to rub Glenn's face in it afterward. Not only did you discredit yourself, you discredited PerfectProg. Do you think ANY band will trust you to do the right thing? Do you think any American promoter will trust you? Do you think Lance King will trust you? Bottom line, you destroyed yourself north of the border. It will take a long time, if ever, for you to regain that trust again.

Leonel, you're a liar and a thieving piece of shit! You knew the rules going in and you broke them anyway. And, you think YOU were insulted? You don't know what insulted is. Allow me to show you. I wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire, you prick! Don't come to this forum crying to us like you are the innocent victim, dicklick. Don't ever show your face at Progpower again because none of us forget an asshole. Now take your busted-red-handed, stuttering ass and go fuck yourself! Have a horrible day.

You got caught doing something you knew was wrong. Don't expect us to throw a pity party for you.

As the saying goes - Don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out.

Get out - and stay the F**K out. We don't want you around anymore.

Same goes with all the other bootleggers out there. Hope you got caught or get caught in the future.

I work with Lance, and this is from ME, not him. Don't bring Nightmare Records up on another one of your posts again. I'll be damned if I watch the company that Lance has worked his ass off with for the past 18 or so years become even halfway tarnished by even the mention that he is associated with you. IF you ever come back to progpower again, come to the Nightmare Records table, I'll be the pissed off long hair who is about to become the official distributor of my foot in your ass. It's fucks like you that make it where I can't bring a digital camera to this festival anymore, and I'll be MORE than happy to take out that frustration on you.

Brent

Leonel, you're a liar and a thieving piece of shit! You knew the rules going in and you broke them anyway. And, you think YOU were insulted? You don't know what insulted is. Allow me to show you. I wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire, you prick! Don't come to this forum crying to us like you are the innocent victim, dicklick. Don't ever show your face at Progpower again because none of us forget an asshole. Now take your busted-red-handed, stuttering ass and go fuck yourself! Have a horrible day.

Don't mince words, bro. Tell him how you REALLY feel. :lol:

I have to say something.... I was the one who had this douche thrown out Thursday, and then I see that he continued to record after. When i busted him ( thanks JAX) His battery on his digital conveniently was dead, and he made every denial in the book.

I know your face, I know your name, I saw your driver's liscence. I have you bookmarked. I promise you this, you will never be at one of these shows again. You are DAMN lucky I didn't catch you a second time.

And also to the 2 a-holes that were working in tandem with the audio recorders. I wouldn't show your face around anytime soon either. You don't wanna piss Wayne off again. Me either. And Terminator knows you as well. And you pissed him off which is a BAD idea.

Rant off...

Shane

You senior crew guys get all the fun. I wish I could have gone,, but someone had to watch stage left..... LOL'ed at the stoning vid. Python rules forever!:headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.