Kilt night

ThXinc

Uber Metal
Ok, this is the last year I'm gonna propose this. Since the ladies get to play dress up, why can't the guys step out of the cliched concert shirt and jeans for just one day a year? I've been thinking of purging the leather kilt from my suitcase this year unless a viable interest comes forth. I think only about 3 guys had the courage to do this last year, but we all wore them on different nights. Same night as corset night, and there should be at least one pic for those of us who do dress to the nines!

And if this was stocked at the bar then I expect the ladies would be buying the kilted guys free beer all night ;-)

267712_2097771451325_4696337_n.jpg

That's a big "No Way, Jose!" for me, dude. I can't imagine the possible fashion trainwrecks for those who freeball it... Toga night isn't going to work out either as an alternative suggestion, but I'd certainly love to see a LEDERHOSEN night (I won't participate.)

If only I could be there to see that..! I love men in kilts! It took my husband FOREVER to get comfortable enough to wear a kilt, but now he doesn't do a renn faire without it.

willykilt.jpg

(I really can't imagine him looking any more natural than in a kilt...)

If you don't want to pay for your clan tartan, or you don't know where to buy one, you could always go the traditional route and buy some tartan at a fabric store. Buy a couple of yards and pleat the thing yourself, then secure with a belt. You can get a decently priced one that's been sewn, too.. and Utilikilts are always great!

Sorry but please no kilts. This isn't a European festival nor a Renaissance fair. Or Braveheart. lol

You're right we don't.

Comparing corsets to guys with what are functionably skirts... :rolleyes:

It is a pretty good comparison. Corsets heighten a woman's sex appeal. Kilts heighten a man's. The difference is that kilts are WAY more comfortable than most cheap corsets.

Hell, why wouldn't a guy wear one? Are you guys shy? It's okay.. nobody's going to kilt check you (unless you ask kindly!), and I doubt there will be any hurricane-strength breezes at Prog Power.