Kilt night

Not every woman participates in corset night just as not every man will participate in a kilt night....corset night is for fun as should a kilt nightbe if enough men decide to do it! I am making Justin a kilt for this years fest....I dont see a problem with this idea...I think its a great idea...what else is there for the guys...other than watching us girls parade around in modernized victorian underwear!? by the way i dont think its law to go commando under a kilt! Dont get your knickers in a twist and while your at it put some on underneath if your that worried about it! I support men in Kilts!

dtfanatic obviously is not secure in his masculinity.

Yes that's it. :rolleyes:

Unless you're actually Scottish and taking pride in your heritage which I respect, I don't see the point. Obviously the idea is not so great if someone is begging people wear them.

clarifications:
1. not just Scots wear kilts
2. if you wear underwear under a kilt then it isn't a kilt, it's a damn fine ladies skirt
3. i know very manly men who wear utilikilts because they are comfortable
4. if you are wearing a cheap corset, you deserve the pain (our very own LadyFreya makes AMAZING corsets http://www.beyondthealter.net/ - buy quality!)
5. don't want to wear a kilt or a corset? don't.

for the gents who are wearing them - make sure to come say hey - we'll get some great leg shots together x

clarifications:
1. not just Scots wear kilts
2. if you wear underwear under a kilt then it isn't a kilt, it's a damn fine ladies skirt
3. i know very manly men who wear utilikilts because they are comfortable
4. if you are wearing a cheap corset, you deserve the pain (our very own LadyFreya makes AMAZING corsets http://www.beyondthealter.net/ - buy quality!)
5. don't want to wear a kilt or a corset? don't.

for the gents who are wearing them - make sure to come say hey - we'll get some great leg shots together x

This.

The men complaining...well...that says a lot more about YOU than it does those who might actually want to wear kilts. :)

I don't see why anyone would have a problem with kilts. I've worn a kilt once before, and if I owned one for some reason, I wouldn't have a problem participating in a "kilt night". And hey, if someone is into kilts... or corsets... or anything else for that matter, go for it... no problem. For me personally, I don't see why I'd spend money on a kilt just to wear it once, when I have no other practical use for it. But again, for those who are into it, more power to them.

For me personally, I don't see why I'd spend money on a kilt just to wear it once, when I have no other practical use for it. But again, for those who are into it, more power to them.

Any Renaissance faires near you? I only ask because my husband and I go to at least 3 per year (MD, VA, PA) so he gets a lot of use out of his! Plus there's St. Patrick's Day (he's half Irish half Scottish, it works!), Halloween, random barbarian parties... if you have one, you'll find a use for it!

I have to admit...it was very comfortable last year. It was the knee-high viking/biker boots that wore me out! LOL! I am considering though, a more traditional approach this year since I'll be packing around a larger camera and redundancy is hardly my style. But the infamous hat will none the less make it's annual pilgrimage.

I vote for an official kilt night! A man in a kilt is sexy, damnit!

This may be the first year I'll be wearing a corset - so make it your first year to wear a kilt! :)

OH HECK YES!!!!!! I am all for this idea and I would gladly wear a kilt and wear it proudly. I just haven't scraped up the money to get one yet because a real Scottish kilt is expensive. GO FOR IT LADDIES!!!!!! AND Corset night is one of the highlights of the whole fest for me. :) AND IT'S NOT A SKIRT!!!!! REAL MEN WEAR KILTS!!!!! OH AYE!!!!!!! :)

Any Renaissance faires near you? I only ask because my husband and I go to at least 3 per year (MD, VA, PA) so he gets a lot of use out of his!
Yes, there's an annual one near me... I went one year, but it was pretty lame. I've been to much better renaissance faires when I lived elsewhere, but I'm not into them to the point where I'd travel to go to a better one.
Plus there's St. Patrick's Day (he's half Irish half Scottish, it works!), Halloween,
I'm not big on holidays... I don't really do anything different on St Patrick's Day or Halloween than I do on any other day, heh.
random barbarian parties...
I've never been to a random barbarian party, but I have to say, it sounds *awesome*! :)
if you have one, you'll find a use for it!
Sure... that could indeed be said for many things... but what's the point in buying something just to find a use for it? Especially something like this, which is sorta expensive if you buy a good quality one. I don't get any particular enjoyment out of wearing one instead of just wearing pants... and I don't have the slightest trace of celtic blood, so I can't cite that as a reason! :)

Well, in an announcement to disappoint the ladies and relief for my friends, I will don standard PPUSA attire this year (with a few exceptions of course). I've put the black leather utilikilt up for sale on Ebay and will eventually opt for something more traditional for the occassional ren-faire and what nots. Anyone interested in some really bad ass knee high boots, send me a PM or discuss here. I'm willing to let them go at much less than I paid for them and only wore them twice.

http://www.demonia.co.uk/demonia-gravel-22-lace-up-unisex-black-leather-combat-style-knee-boot.html

I know Im resurrecting an old thread but bear with me....I would like to thank everyone who purchased corsets etc. from me! It was fun designing for all your different personalities and creative ideas! If you were on the fence about ordering anything corset etc. do not dispare I am bringing a TON of corsets in various sizes with me to the fest! Now these are my samples and first run ideas so they will be discounted! Men as you may or may not know I do custom leather pants...I will not have extras of these but Dustro25 will be wearing a few that were made for him so if you are thinking about maybe next year you can see my handy work in person! Looking forward to seeing all of you soon and of course all the beautiful ladies in all the different corsets!

Can't wait to see Justin in those pants!! ;)

And can't wait to see my corset as well!

I know Im resurrecting an old thread but bear with me....I would like to thank everyone who purchased corsets etc. from me! It was fun designing for all your different personalities and creative ideas! If you were on the fence about ordering anything corset etc. do not dispare I am bringing a TON of corsets in various sizes with me to the fest! Now these are my samples and first run ideas so they will be discounted! Men as you may or may not know I do custom leather pants...I will not have extras of these but Dustro25 will be wearing a few that were made for him so if you are thinking about maybe next year you can see my handy work in person! Looking forward to seeing all of you soon and of course all the beautiful ladies in all the different corsets!

hey love - can you bring thicker lacing for mine? i'm just fretting...sorry :(