King Diamond

I've been spinning Give Me Your Soul...Please today. When this first came out, it didn't do much for me. With that said, it's grown on me over time. I've enjoyed the heck out of this morning to be honest!

Has anyone heard any updates whether King is ever going to tour in support of this album? The last time I checked his website, there wasn't much activity.

~Brian~

I'm stoked to hear all the positive KD comments. I agree with many that Abigail is a must have and Conspiracy a close second. Brian, if you don't know the MF stuff buy Don't Break the Oath and Melissa asap-the origins of most bands mentioned on this forum.:kickass:

Brian!

Get them all!!!!!!

I grew up in Halmstad, Sweden close to Copenhagen and had the fortune to follow King and MF from the (very) early days. The first years when King rose from a casket on a stage set up as a graveyard were truly magic...

If you ever get a chance to get the "Nuns have no Fun" EP on vinyl... Grab it. An absolutely fantastic debut. You can also hear it on "In the Beginning" cd.

As far as KD albums... I love them all but "Voodoo" and "Abigail" is probably 1 and 2 on my list.

Now when we have started talking caskets on stage, we should have a Demon thread... Another one of my favorite bands.

Brian!

Get them all!!!!!!

I grew up in Halmstad, Sweden close to Copenhagen and had the fortune to follow King and MF from the (very) early days. The first years when King rose from a casket on a stage set up as a graveyard were truly magic...

If you ever get a chance to get the "Nuns have no Fun" EP on vinyl... Grab it. An absolutely fantastic debut. You can also hear it on "In the Beginning" cd.

As far as KD albums... I love them all but "Voodoo" and "Abigail" is probably 1 and 2 on my list.

Now when we have started talking caskets on stage, we should have a Demon thread... Another one of my favorite bands.

I have most of King's releases except for a few of his 90's discs. I'll eventually own his entire catalog though. I believe they are in the process of remastering The Spider's Lullaby and Voodoo, which are two that I don't own.

~Brian~

I have most of King's releases except for a few of his 90's discs. I'll eventually own his entire catalog though. I believe they are in the process of remastering The Spider's Lullaby and Voodoo, which are two that I don't own.

~Brian~

Spider's Lullaby has some great material, unfortunately the production is not very good. I love most of KD's material and like all of it, but Voodoo would be the weakest to me.

I love the production of Spider's Lullaby, granted it's not good by proper standards but it's very close adding to the ambience of the whole thing. I don't think I'd put Voodoo as the weakest although they're all good so even the weakest is still good. The last I read King intends to tour at some point when his back is back to 100%. He may be supporting another new album by then though. Heres my ranking: (and yes Johan, all Mercyful Fates are "must-owns", damn that had to have been cool seeing them live in the early days!)

Abigail
Fatal Portrait
Conspiracy
Them
The Eye
Voodoo
Give Me Your Soul Please
Abigail II
Spider's Lullaby
Puppet Master
House of God
Graveyard

I think Voodoo is mostly excellent, but tends to wane toward the latter portion of the disc. I'm a big fan of the song Salem, but also think songs like Loa House, A Secret, and One Down .. Two To Go are killer. I like the story of this one too ... it's kind of Abigail like, but is based around a Mansion that has a voodoo cememtary on the property.

As for the King's back ... they say he's progressing. He passed up surgeries for rehab, and the process has been long. I think he just wants to make sure he can complete a full tour before jumping back in to it.

It sounds like the next thing to come out KD related will be some DVD's .. one KD and one MF. It will contain some of this classic concerts from the archives.

Britt

Ahh, The King!!! I love me some KING Fuckin' Diamond!!! Been listening & enjoying King since 1984, when I heard for the very first time, the Mercyful Fate classics "Melissa" & "Don't Break The Oath"!!! From then on, I just LOVED King!!! I also had the pleasure of meeting King & Mikkey Dee backstage for the THEM tour in 1988!!! I LOVE "Fatal Portait" as well! Oh & I must point out that, YES the remasters have MUCH MUCH Better sound than the originals!!! :D But if I had to say my all time favorites it would go like this:
1-Abigail
2-THEM
3-Conspiracy
4-MF-Melissa
5-MF-Don't Break The Oath
6-The Eye
7-Fatal Portrait
8-Voodoo
9-House Of God
10-The Puppet Master
ALL HAIL THE KING!!!!!!!!:Smokedev:
As mel brooks said in History Of The World-Pt. 1 "It's Good To Be The
King!!!":worship::headbang::Smokedev:

I think Voodoo is mostly excellent, but tends to wane toward the latter portion of the disc. I'm a big fan of the song Salem, but also think songs like Loa House, A Secret, and One Down .. Two To Go are killer. I like the story of this one too ... it's kind of Abigail like, but is based around a Mansion that has a voodoo cememtary on the property.

As for the King's back ... they say he's progressing. He passed up surgeries for rehab, and the process has been long. I think he just wants to make sure he can complete a full tour before jumping back in to it.

It sounds like the next thing to come out KD related will be some DVD's .. one KD and one MF. It will contain some of this classic concerts from the archives.

Britt

I'm going to have to get my hands on Voodoo then. The whole concept sounds right up my alley! I really dig the movie, The Skeleton Key, for this very reason.

~Brian~

Since it's pretty much impossible to talk about one without the other, I'll rate the MF albums as well:

Melissa-necessary to own!
Don't Break the Oath-necessary to own!
In The Shadows
Into The Unknown
Time
Dead Again

The Beginning excluded due to primarily being a comp., but I'd squeeze it in after Don't Break The Oath as it is the one comp. I feel is necessary to own.....Nuns Have No FUN!!!!!!!!

I've been spinning Give Me Your Soul...Please today. When this first came out, it didn't do much for me. With that said, it's grown on me over time. I've enjoyed the heck out of this morning to be honest!

Has anyone heard any updates whether King is ever going to tour in support of this album? The last time I checked his website, there wasn't much activity.

~Brian~

I get the newsletter for Jaxx in Springfield, VA and one of them it was suggested that KD is planning another tour and hopes to hit Jaxx at some point. Could have been a hoax, but I have my fingers crossed.