King Diamond

Fire breath

Feb 20, 2002
London
piris-metalopolis.blogspot.com
I don't attend progpower but has KD ever been mentioned as a possible for the fest? I think he would cane ass royally. I saw him live twice before. The first time he was sick and KD only played a short set. The second time the gig was absolutely amazing beyond words! Anyway I just wanted to say that KD is a great band and would draw big for progpower not that they need to sell tickets obviously, I just think it would be cool. Also to make this a bit of a KD thread in general, is anyone here as big a fan as me? I have all the studio albums bar none and like them all pretty much. People underrate his latest albums IMO. The Puppet Master being an absolute masterpiece for me. It's been a while since Gimme your soul please and there is some doubt as to whether there will be any more KD albums but I guess he has one more in him in 2011 hopefully.

Many of us here are big KD fans, and have discussed how well he would go over.

Personally, I think it is a stretch, but then again, things change.
5 years ago, TURISAS and TYR would never have been considered.

OMFG! KING freakin' DIAMOND!!!! :OMG:
I've been Listening & LOVING King Diamond
& Mercyful Fate since the first time I'd ever heard
"Melissa" & "Don't Break The Oath" on cassette way back in 1984!!!:kickass:
I've got all the roadrunner Gold remasters, except for "The Graveyard", "The Spider's Lullabye" & "House Of God"
(note to self, I really need to get those still!):)

I used to have the original "Nuns Have No Fun" EP too!
Oh, & I met KD & Mikkey Dee when they first played here
@ Center Stage!!! I just wished I still had those pics!!! :(

Oh, & I'd TOTALLY sponsor King Diamond!!!
Definitely & Absolutely one of my ALL TIME FAVORITES OF METAL!!!:headbang:

Nah ... I can't stand him ;) I've always thought KD would be an awesome choice for the Showcase/Thursday event. Who knows .. could happen. I think King is considering doing some special dates in 2011. At least that is what he's telling fans via Skype. His back issues are causing him concern in regards to doing a full touring schedule. Perhaps one of his
special dates will be in Atlanta next year as part of the Prog
Power festivities.

Britt

I personally would love to see this, but I can see where perhaps that decision will never happen.

I have to say, IMO King Diamond " Conspiracy " is the best cd of all time.

There is not one wasted note on that entire disc, the song writing lyrically, musically, just a Masterpiece.

Would be an interesting choice.

KD lives just a few miles away from me in Frisco, TX. I found his address in the on-line tax records. One of these days I'm gonna get my son and head out there, knock on his door, and see if he'll sign my son's guitar.

Wonder what he'd say.

I'd love to give it a shot, but I don't quite think I have the cajones......

KD lives just a few miles away from me in Frisco, TX. I found his address in the on-line tax records. One of these days I'm gonna get my son and head out there, knock on his door, and see if he'll sign my son's guitar.

Wonder what he'd say.

I'd love to give it a shot, but I don't quite think I have the cajones......

Just wait until he comes back from a tour or those limited dates that he has planned and then go see him and tell him " Welcome Home "

KD is a great show on his own. Problem is that the only way he play PP USA is as a headliner. If that happens, PPUSA would have jumped the shark. It would do more harm to the brand long term than any immediate benefits short term.

I would love it if King did a special show at PPUSA. Abigail is an all-time fave for me. I also really like Fatal Portrait and Them. Conspiracy and The Spider's Lullabye work for me as well. Friends who have seen him say he always puts on a stellar show.

That is a little creepy and stalkerish, not sure if King would appreciate that or be creeped out that someone hunted him down.
Well the Pagan Mind King Diamond cover seemed to go over well so why not the real deal.

I'm a fanatic of King Diamond. Probably in my top 5 or so bands period, and second only to Saxon in terms of most wanted band to see live. Unfortunately, due to his health that isn't looking to good at this point, which is why I doubt we'll be seeing him at Progpower or the Showcase for that matter. He's a huge liability right now. I agree he fits better for the Showcase, but again, huge risk. The only way I see this happening is if he proves himself and manages to get a couple good tours under his belt that go successfully. Then, I think there is some possibility. But...I would be all over this shit if it happened. :headbang:

I hate to speak for Glenn but from past posts I don't believe he is a fan, which makes an appearance unlikely. Interesting choice though, I love Andy LaRocque's axework...

I've seen him 3 or 4 timese with Fate, but never have had the the opportunity to see him solo.

I've always wanted to see him, never have, Abigail is in my top ten of all time, I'm just glad to hear he may do some exclusive shows next year, I'd travel for that!

King Diamond rules.....

Seen KD 5 times and MF 4. First time I saw Mercyful Fate they opened for Uriah Heep on the Abominog tour in Copenhagen. One of the best shows I ever saw.

Claus, were you there?

I've seen him 3 or 4 timese with Fate, but never have had the the opportunity to see him solo.

Sort of ditto on that. Though I've met him and some band members including Snowy Shaw when he was his drummer once, chatted with him on the phone once or twice, and have seen him with MF 2-3 times, I've never had the opportunity to see him in KD. KD at PP would rule, though then again isn't one of the key aims behind PP that overseas prog/power/melodic metal bands who don't normally get exposure in the US would be able to do so via PP? He'd had lots of coverage and shows here. He's even has had one of his songs on a movie.