Low crowds for recent metal tours...

I cant speak for other bands but I promise (on behalf of 7K, a **small** band) if you decide to spend the $25-$100 weekday outing just to see us (drive, drinks, ticket, ect) then we will personally make it worth your while and a night to remember ;) ENCOURAGEMENT PEOPLE, ENCOURAGEMENT

This is why I pimp you guys whenever possible.

It also helps that you have gotten better (musically, stagecraft, energy level) each time I've seen you.

This is where people differ. I would have sold crack on the side of the road to see Edguy live... not really but you get the point.

I guess I would be one of 75 people :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

5-6-7 years ago, I was the same way. No way was I going to miss a good metal show coming through town, especially power metal or progressive metal. I've seen Symphony X nearly 10 times, Dream Theater over 20 times, Kamelot 3 times, Sonata Arctica 4 times, Porcupine Tree 7 times, etc...the list goes on.

This is why I pimp you guys whenever possible.

It also helps that you have gotten better (musically, stagecraft, energy level) each time I've seen you.

Thank you!!! It was a HUGE learning experience on that guardian tour. We took everything we could in and hoped that it showed with our (hopefully to the fans) constant progression forward. I hope the further we go down the road the more we can learn, the better we get, and never get to big for our britches!!!!! also, the new record we're working on will make that last one look like an elementary effort. look for it next year!

5-6-7 years ago, I was the same way. No way was I going to miss a good metal show coming through town, especially power metal or progressive metal. I've seen Symphony X nearly 10 times, Dream Theater over 20 times, Kamelot 3 times, Sonata Arctica 4 times, Porcupine Tree 7 times, etc...the list goes on.

that is soooo awesome!!! I would love to catch dream theatre when they come here... ill have to check on the dates! and WOW with SX!!! that is a lot of times!!

For me it is just the sheer # of shows every fall in the US. Once the European festival season ends, it seems too many bands all do the US tour at the same time each with their own individual tours.

Don't know how that can change. The US isn't earning the right to get spring or fall festivals or more bands on a given tour. And we aren't going to have more bands come over in spring/summer when they can do the European circuit instead. At this rate there will be less US tours and we'll all just have to go to Europe.

Yea I saw Firewind last night in Hampton Beach NH and the turn out wasn't that great. I'd say maybe 100 or so but I expected many more. They still tore the roof off! Was awesome taking Bob Katsionis to the store in my FIREWIND mobile. Anyone who has me on facebook might have seen some of the photos I posted.

Yea I saw Firewind last night in Hampton Beach NH and the turn out wasn't that great. I'd say maybe 100 or so but I expected many more. They still tore the roof off! Was awesome taking Bob Katsionis to the store in my FIREWIND mobile. Anyone who has me on facebook might have seen some of the photos I posted.

Expecting more than 100 in New Hampshire? I seem to only hear about really bad turnouts up there. I'm surprised.

For everyone and your lame excuses: STOP BEING PUSSIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(If you do not get this, please move right along)

NEXT

I just got back from the Saxon show at Jaxx. There was a pretty good crowd there, although I figured the place would be packed, which it was not. It was an over-21 show as well. Borealis put on one hell of a show. I was hearing comments from the crowd along the lines of "I've never heard these guys before, but holy shit they were good!". People were asking me if I have heard of Borealis, and I told them I was a fan of them for the past couple of years and one of the reasons why I am even there. Of course, Saxon themselves put on one hell of a show and their set damn near went to 2 hours as well! I also ran into Josh from A Sound of Thunder and got a ticket off of him for the Sabaton show this upcoming Monday.

So yeah, I do like to go to shows whenever possible, but sometimes "real life" does get in the way. I certainly don't have the time to see every single little thing that comes through this area, and there are things that do come through this area that I just don't have any desire to see. I do have a life outside of metal.

Guilty as charged. The Saxon tour came to town and completely flew under my radar. I didn't know it was here. Not that I am a big Saxon fan, but I would have gone if I'd heard about it.

They picked an obscure venue I have never heard of in Houston. It appears to be a venue for rent, rather than a regular club or concert hall. But I'll add it to my list of future websites to check out.

As much as I seek local shows and receive numerous emails of upcoming shows, this one was poorly advertised ... if at all.

For everyone and your lame excuses: STOP BEING PUSSIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(If you do not get this, please move right along)

NEXT

Hahahahaha Ty, you should have posted that actual poster with that!

Hahahahaha Ty, you should have posted that actual poster with that!

128733431146066610.jpg

Jackson now has Joakim's sunglasses from his first EVER concert... so my son and I did our part tonight.

Yeah it was a pretty good crowd on a Sunday for Sabaton, about 75 to 100 people.

The pit alone was 15 by 10-12 deep, and that doesn't count the folks on the risers beside the stage - definitely more than 100 folks. Helluva show. One more ProgPower X band I've seen in Hell - always great showmen, those PP alumni!

I missed Saxon. D: My husband was sick, so I took care of him and did whatever he wanted. These are the sacrifices you make when you love someone.

That being said.. he'll be home tonight, while I'm rocking out with Sabaton!

And NO DISASSEMBLING THE DRUM KIT! They're using our kit tonight, and we kinda need it... XD

I was going to post about Saxon over the weekend, but I screwed up my account here and couldn't post.

I didn't go to the show (I actually was having dinner at the Afgan place with my wife), but it looked like there was an OK crowd there. Line going in wasn't particularly long, but it looks like they mostly filled the parking lot.

Looking forward to the show tonight.