Low crowds for recent metal tours...

Powerglove would share more with dragonforce IMO. young comic con kids.

Blackguard, Gauges, tattoos and tanks.

As I thought. I know there are other factors involved, but Dragonforce played for a near sell-out crowd in NYC last week.

I know, both bands are in a completely different point in their careers, but it's still not bad for "the same crowd." The venue cap is 600 or 700 if I'm not wrong. Still good compared to some recent draws...

As I thought. I know there are other factors involved, but Dragonforce played for a near sell-out crowd in NYC last week.

I know, both bands are in a completely different point in their careers, but it's still not bad for "the same crowd." The venue cap is 600 or 700 if I'm not wrong. Still good compared to some recent draws...

I know I'm a youngun on the scene, because my first real metal show was a Dragonforce show. >_> It was a sold-out show at the 9:30 club in DC. As far as Powerglove is concerned, I've done shows where fans have come just to see Powerglove. I think a show with those two would easily sell out. Nerd metal is pretty big, these days.

And I say that as a proud nerd, sirs and madams.

I know I'm a youngun on the scene, because my first real metal show was a Dragonforce show.

Yeap. :lol:

DuchessOfDork said:
As far as Powerglove is concerned, I've done shows where fans have come just to see Powerglove. I think a show with those two would easily sell out.

As far as I know, the support band for the Dragonforce one-off in NYC was Powerglove.

DuchessOfDork said:
Nerd metal is pretty big, these days.

It has grown and it has an audience. That being said, you never know how long it will last.