Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax - Big Four US Tour Dates coming

I have seen all of these bands (some multiple times) except Megadeth. I am not extremely interested. If they replaced Anthrax with Testament, I might be interested though.

Bryant

I hate to reply to my own reply, but I suppose since there are other posts after, no sense in editing......

I think it would be a mistake to remove Anthrax, due to their atypical thrash stage persona. All the other bands are all way serious. They just need to add Testament to the roster.

Bryant

Testament, Exodus, Death Angel and Overkill

I am with you on Testament and Overkill, with ease.

I dunno, the whole Rob Dukes era for me personally has tarnished Exodus' place in thrash metal supremacy. Bonded By Blood through Fabulous Disaster will always remain untouchable.

No love for Zoetrope???????????

07/05/1998 Winnebago County Fairgrounds

My bad, this was in Pecatonica, IL, not Peoria. I didn't go to this either but heard it was a complete mess from a lot of people.

It was a complete mess. The highway couldn't handle the amount of traffic. We missed the openers & arrived during Metallica's second song. I heard some people didn't get into the parking area until the show was almost over.

It was a complete mess. The highway couldn't handle the amount of traffic. We missed the openers & arrived during Metallica's second song. I heard some people didn't get into the parking area until the show was almost over.

That's about the sound of what I heard, that's a bummer.

07/05/1998 Winnebago County Fairgrounds

My bad, this was in Pecatonica, IL, not Peoria. I didn't go to this either but heard it was a complete mess from a lot of people.

That was one of the most insane outdoor events ive ever been to. I was smart enough to leave at like 10am to get out there and got all the way to the railing which turned out to be a bad thing. After baking in the sun all day, the crowd started moshing to Ozzy over the P.A. a good 5 hrs before the original lineup of Days of The New even took the stage! During that set my girlfriend got crushed on the rail and had to be lifted out after passing out. I had to wach Jerry Cantrel from the mobil hospital that was set up in the cornfield. I think it took 5 hrs to get home. What a Nightmare...

for the record I am I huge Days of the New/Travis Meeks fanboy. The Green and Red albums are the most underrated and misunderstood albums of the early 2000s

Ok - so let's turn the tables a bit in this thread.
Not much else to discuss about the BIG 4 since it is just one show (for now).

Who would be the next BIG 4 (US Thrash only)?

Testament, Overkill, Evile, and ....I'm clueless as to who else.

It's a shame, because it should've been the Big 6 back in the day in order to include both Testament and Overkill. Those two bands were every bit as good as the other four....and quite frankly have stood the test of time much better than Metallica, Anthrax, and Slayer! MEGADETH will always reign supreme for me amongst the thrash groups though...:worship:

~Brian~

Testament, Overkill, Evile, and ....I'm clueless as to who else.

It's a shame, because it should've been the Big 6 back in the day in order to include both Testament and Overkill. Those two bands were every bit as good as the other four....and quite frankly have stood the test of time much better than Metallica, Anthrax, and Slayer! MEGADETH will always reign supreme for me amongst the thrash groups...:worship:

~Brian~

Overkill never got the love in the 80's though. Most metal fans back then didnt like them. I was always a big Overkill fan and I will never forget people who were pissed when they toured with Megadeth in like 87 I think. People hated the high vocals for a thrash band.

for the big 4 thrash bands from the US would be

- Testament
- Exodus (even though I hate the Rob Dukes stuff also)
- Nuclear Assault
- Overkill

for the big 4 thrash bands from the US would be

- Testament
- Exodus (even though I hate the Rob Dukes stuff also)
- Nuclear Assault
- Overkill

Yeah, Nuc Assualt would be a top contender for sure.

I still wrestle with Exodus.....ah well......

I really wish Vio-Lence released more albums so I could place them on this list. Not sure if I could, based solely on Eternal Nightmare and Oppressing the Masses. Never heard Nothing to Gain.

So, seriously, what's the opinion on Zoetrope???
Too crossover to be considered thrash?
Are they immediately hated due to Barry Stern?

There are better crossover/thrash bands than Zoetrope. I would easily pick D.R.I., Suicidal Tendencies or Stormtroopers of Death before picking Zoetrope.

I have no issues with Barry Stern or Louie Svitek (sp?) in Zoetrope. They were a pretty decent band. They were average/above average crossover to me. Not many bands have a connection to Trouble & Ministry.

Ok - so let's turn the tables a bit in this thread.
Not much else to discuss about the BIG 4 since it is just one show (for now).

Who would be the next BIG 4 (US Thrash only)?

I would agree that the next 4 (#'s 5-8) would be:

Testament
Exodus
Death Angel
Overkill

Death Angel is the one that could be replaced with the least arguement (IMO).

My personal preference would be:

Testament
Overkill
Stormtroopers Of Death
Metal Church

I am with you on Testament and Overkill, with ease.

I dunno, the whole Rob Dukes era for me personally has tarnished Exodus' place in thrash metal supremacy. Bonded By Blood through Fabulous Disaster will always remain untouchable.

No love for Zoetrope???????????

I like Zoetrope but let's be honest here....they don;t belong on this pedestal, same for your other Chi-town boys Znowhite. If anything, Dark Angel, Flotsam & Jetsam, Forbidden, Hallows Eve, Metal Church, or a bunch more I could name would have a stronger case.
Oh and when I say Exodus...I mean pre-Dukes era. He is god-awful on album. Not bad live...but awful on album.

Oh, BTW, I wasn't suggesting that Zoetrope be in the next grouping of 4 US thrash bands. It was just thrown out there for general discussion. Actually, they wouldn't probably even make top 20.