Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax - Big Four US Tour Dates coming

Oh, BTW, I wasn't suggesting that Zoetrope be in the next grouping of 4 US thrash bands. It was just thrown out there for general discussion. Actually, they wouldn't probably even make top 20.

Gotcha!! :loco: I like Zoetrope, especially the A Life of Crime album but they were pretty consistent with all 3 albums. Also liked Act of God by Znowhite. Too bad they didn'y do anything else. :Smokedev:

Didn't some of the ZNOWHITE crew go on to Cyclone Temple?

Blind Guardian writing songs about Peter Pan, Tuomas Holopainen has a fascination for Pirates of the Caribbean, Znowhite, Beauty & the Beast...

I swear to God... Metal is becoming a subsidiary of Disney...

Who would be the next BIG 4 (US Thrash only)?

I would say Overkill, Testament, Exodus and...fuck, that's all I got and Exodus is pushing it. Most would probably say Death Angel. Now, if you didn't say US, then I would go with the first two I mentioned and add Kreator and Sodom.

I would say Overkill, Testament, Exodus and...fuck, that's all I got and Exodus is pushing it. Most would probably say Death Angel. Now, if you didn't say US, then I would go with the first two I mentioned and add Kreator and Sodom.
EXODUS? Your questioning EXODUS? EXODUS invented thrash. Their only glitch is that Bonded By Blood was recorded before Kill 'Em All, but didn't come out until 1984. A year after Kill 'Em All was released giving METALLICA all of the credit.

Flotsam & Jetsam

The problem with Flotsam & Jetsam is they have such a schizophrenic career. You have Doomsday and Deceiver which was awesome, but when Newstead went to Metallica they weren't nearly as good. Now, I think they're damn good again but I wouldn't really call them thrash anymore.

EXODUS? Your questioning EXODUS? EXODUS invented thrash. Their only glitch is that Bonded By Blood was recorded before Kill 'Em All, but didn't come out until 1984. A year after Kill 'Em All was released giving METALLICA all of the credit.

Dude, look at some of the other posts in this thread. I'm not the only one with this opinion. They have some great, classic albums. I won't dispute that, but they also have some that aren't so great too.

I agree....I think people are putting personal taste in front of the hard fact. Exodus draw well and are still a relevant band. I am not a fan of the newer stuff at all but you cant not include them in the Big 4 of US thrash metal.

I think most can agree on

- Overkill
- Testament
- Exodus

the 4th could be anyone from Death Angel, Nuclear Assault, Dark Angel, Forbidden, and Vio-lence.

asides for Nuclear Assault most of these bands have released a few great albums and lots of junk. Some went through style changes and a a faint shadow of the bandsd they once were.

Dude, look at some of the other posts in this thread. I'm not the only one with this opinion. They have some great, classic albums. I won't dispute that, but they also have some that aren't so great too.

Hahaha, pretty much all of these classic thrash bands with the exception of Overkill suck now imo.

Also the idea of asking for another big-4 is pretty silly considering that with the exception of Testament (who is give-or-take as big as Anthrax), none of these bands are all that "big,"

i think you meant to say DESTRUCTION not Sodom!!!!

Oh shit dude, this is where I guess for once we're gonna have to disagree. :O Sodom's (arguably) black metal releases early on were badass, and their middle-era thrash stuff was cool, but Destruction crushes them. Kreator sux.