More Bands Confirmed for ProgPower USA III

roamer

Feb 11, 2002
Atlanta
Visit site
How about Morifade for the final act? They are fairly new, and at least their recorded stuff sounds excellent- it would fit right in with the other bands already lined up.

I predict Zero Hour for the final slot... though if I could have any band... I'd go for...

Ice Age
Enchant
Elegy
Royal Hunt

Still.... we have to take performance into account, and not just how good their studio releases are. I'm sure Shadow Gallery would probably suck as a live act... despite tons of requests that they play live. Silent Force and DC Cooper are great talents... despite the fairly mediocre Infatuator.

And Devy will be great to see live as well! :D

You people that mentioned Dark Moor or Morifade. Do you have website addresses for them? I wouldn't mind checking them out.

I've heard a lot of Positive things about Lost Horizon.

John
Underground Zine Scene

My vote for the last band would either be an original/Pandemonium era reunion of Celtic Frost (but T.G. would probably want more money than all the other bands combined), or Diamond Head; or, with Maiden taking a break, maybe Bruce Dickinson's solo band (with Adrian, of course).

Now that I've gotten my "wish list" out of the way, since it seems we're probably searching for a band a little "lesser-known" for the final slot, I've still got to lean towards Therion...

Am glad to see Silent Force added to the show. They rock! Now Devon on the other hand is another story. Following the previous leads I would agree with Lost Horizon. Anybody who doesn't have there CD should run out and buy it now. As far as new and upcoming I'm not sure who they have in mind. But I would love to see any of these bands on the bill:

Cage (the San Diego group)
Eidolon
Ice Earth - these guys rock in concert
LeFay
Nocturnal Rites
Powers Court
Rawhead Rexx
Shadows Keep

Anybody have any thoughts on these bands?:eek:

If Glenn is actually taking suggestions, I would once again like to ask for EXHIBITION, from New Jersey. They are a proven local band, getting rave reviews when they opened for Savatage and Fates Warning last year. They come highly recommended from many sources, including the guys from Symphony X. Ray Alder also couldn't believe how good they were on stage.
They are from New Jersey and not from overseas, so travel wouldn't be a factor. As a matter of fact, I'd be willing to help foot the bill to get them here. ;-) Deron Blevins has checked them out and can tell you what he thinks. And lastly, they were just signed by LMP records, the same company that brings us the Mighty Rhapsody!

Ok, stepping off my soapbox now.

This will be the last time I bring up Exhibition... at least until you start lining up acts for next year... heh heh.

Your friend in True Metal,

~Hoyt.

:saint:

hi there, i'm so glad to hear you've added Silent force, their 2nd CD is a wonderful work, and this addidtion made me feel like visiting this event even more! i really wanted to go there last year as well and i couldn't.
but this year, you can see Angra, Gamma Ray, Edguy, Pain Of Salvation and now Silent Force at the same time... i have to be there this time, really!
i'd like to say thank you to the promotor, it must be hard to carry on but this event getting more and more exciting, hope this will help the metal scene more to activate and i'm sure it will :)
i'm looking forward to hear the rest of the bill!
cheers
J