Mosh Pit's at Progpower?

Status
Not open for further replies.
zekeyou said:
I do know that security (at least some of them) were aware of it-- one really big guy (security) came running out of the lobby and up to the rail and looked down at the pit, but then seemed to recognize that it was 'acceptable'. Another guard came over later and watched it a bit, too. They watched it intermittently for at least half the set.
Ugh, again...for WHATEVER reason, the situation was not dealt with last year. Due to a high volume of feedback, the situation will be remedied this year, so there's really no need to continue to discuss last year's leniency as it pertains to moshing.

nightwish58 said:
LOL; I still have a few years left in me as I am 28, but like you said, I rather not resort to such tactics, and it will only lead to problems down the line. However, sometimes they are unaviodable and must be dealt with accordingly!
I think I need to go ahead and go to a couple of smaller oldschool thrash shows so I can mosh a few last times before I get too brittle and collapse into a pile of dust. >:p~ One thing I have found out about getting older is that so far I can still do the same things I have always been able to do, but it takes me longer to recover from them. :loco:

Bryant

Thrashtilldeath666 said:
Anyways since it bothers soo many of you to just mosh i won't . The mosh pit wasn't even violent unlike shows from Slayer, Dying Fetus, Deicide, etc.. It's just some aggressive fun. Nobody was extremely hurt.
But you're not getting the point dude. You PERSONALLY may want to mosh. BUT...moshing isn't a personal thing. It always involves others. And I have NEVER EVER seen a mosh that didn't spill over to effect others who had NO desire to participate and just happen to be unfortunate enough to be standing near those who suddenly decided to go pinball/apeshit. To be frank, I had stepped out onto the floor last year at the very moment you decided to start bashing into people. And when one of you pinged that big leathered guy's girlfriend (the chick in the gauzey white top), you have NO idea how close you came to having your fledgling moshing career brought to a violent and painful end. I actually walked up to the dude and warned him to chill. No need to have both himself and you kicked out for fighting. And I can assure you, had Glenn known it was going on, it would have been stopped. It's not about your "self expression" man. Your freedom ends where someone else's nose begins. I know that's a subtle nuance for some to grasp. But it's the way things are. Reality check.

LOCAL X spewed forth: "If Anyone Is Complaining About A Mosh Pit, Punch Them In The Face. Metal Is Used To Get Aggression Out By Many, Including Me. Into Eternity Will Bring Out A More Aggressive Crowd. Ive From Albany, Ny. And We Like It Heavy Up Here."

OH! OK! Well then THAT changes EVERYTHING. The Albany bad boyz are coming! Look out world! Tell ya what. Come on down. Start moshing. Get tossed out. Glenn spelled it out. His word is law. Any questions?

MeTuLHeD said:
But you're not getting the point dude. You PERSONALLY may want to mosh. BUT...moshing isn't a personal thing. It always involves others. And I have NEVER EVER seen a mosh that didn't spill over to effect others who had NO desire to participate and just happen to be unfortunate enough to be standing near those who suddenly decided to go pinball/apeshit. To be frank, I had stepped out onto the floor last year at the very moment you decided to start bashing into people. And when one of you pinged that big leathered guy's girlfriend (the chick in the gauzey white top), you have NO idea how close you came to having your fledgling moshing career brought to a violent and painful end. I actually walked up to the dude and warned him to chill. No need to have both himself and you kicked out for fighting. And I can assure you, had Glenn known it was going on, it would have been stopped. It's not about your "self expression" man. Your freedom ends where someone else's nose begins. I know that's a subtle nuance for some to grasp. But it's the way things are. Reality check.

First of all I never involve others in a mosh pit except for those who want to be involved. BTW i was not that guy who hit whoever's girlfriend ok!!! That was the guy with a Iron Maiden shirt and a bandanna. NOT ME!
I'm no violent asshole ok, I just like to have fun ya know like anybody else. I don't know if it's maybe
Because the fact I'm younger then 90% of the PP crowd or anything. Like I said though There have been shows in my area with Dio, Priest, Iron Maiden,Opeth, Symphony X, Iced Earth,Nevermore,and Jag Panzer and all have had more then there fare share of mosh pits! Nevermore and Opeth even encouraged mosh pits. So did Symphony X! Alot of people at Iron Maiden and Dio are way older then me and were not complaining about it! If I run or get pushed into somebody by mistake I always apologize! I'm no nazi skinhead or anything like that!
I'm no idiot who goes into a mosh pit looking for a fight. If i wanted to look for a fight i would have train myself to join the UFC or go to some ghetto homie's neighborhood if i wanted a fight!! I understand and respect what Glen does and have nothing agianst him because he is one hell of a festival promotor but when u have bands that play fast ,heavy,aggresive, or energetic music then you need to realize shit like that happens!

Thrashtilldeath666 said:
............but when u have bands that play fast ,heavy,aggresive, or energetic music then you need to realize shit like that happens!

After all I'm relieved that you yourself seem to have realized that moshing is just that: shit!
Thanks!! it was about time.....

LOL Tobias Sammet himself said "o c'mon for god's sake this is a heavy metal concert!!" moshing is fine to me if you don't want to get involved stay all the in the back or all the way in the front row, plus i don't think we'll have the kind of mosh pit when ppl actually hit each other would mostly running and pushing.

I have never in my life heard a bigger bunch of pussies in my life. You call yourself a metal fan. First off if you even knew the definition of moshing you would no that it has everything to do with self expression. For some its the only way to get there anger out, and what better way than to mosh. Instead of going out and really hurting someone. i agree with you on one thing, the people involved should keep it with the people that want to be involved. The asshole that is smashing into people should be beat to a pulp, that gives all of us moshers a bad name. i personally do not go and try to hit anyone, i actually have mosh moves (we call them dance moves). this is the way you dance to metal. the only time that people get hit that are not invovled is when the pit first starts, because it has to start somewhere. if you see it coming MOVE!!! the venue is big enough for you to move a few feet. once the circle is opened up there should never be anyone getting hurt that does not want to be involved. To take away moshing from metal and is like taking a baby away from a mother. so all you old school metal fans bang your head, and all of us diehard metal fans will mosh it up. metal update, everyone should pick up the new "death angel" album coming out soon. who said metal is dead? also everyone that can should come up to the new england metal and hardcore festival, see some real metal fans, some real moshing.....and the best thing is ICED EARTH is headlining the gig.

"THERE'S NO CRYING IN METAL"

How about asking any of the band members if they ever moshed, and if they enjoyed it. A poll would be nice, but I guess they are not that much into PP forums… but anyway I think we can figure out the outcome (can we?).
I would love to ask Jon Oliva about it.

I think with most metal shows (unless you're at a Superjoint Ritual or Lamb of God show where there's nothing but a bunch of violent rednecks) everyone is courteous to everyone else even in the moshpits for the most part. However, as it was put before, WHO THE FUCK MOSHES TO PROG/POWER METAL?!

...And on the other hand: what are you a bunch of statues? BANG YOUR FUCKIN' HEADS LIKE IT'S 1987!! \m/

LOCALX said:
I have never in my life heard a bigger bunch of pussies in my life. You call yourself a metal fan. First off if you even knew the definition of moshing you would no that it has everything to do with self expression. For some its the only way to get there anger out, and what better way than to mosh. Instead of going out and really hurting someone. i agree with you on one thing, the people involved should keep it with the people that want to be involved. The asshole that is smashing into people should be beat to a pulp, that gives all of us moshers a bad name. i personally do not go and try to hit anyone, i actually have mosh moves (we call them dance moves). this is the way you dance to metal. the only time that people get hit that are not invovled is when the pit first starts, because it has to start somewhere. if you see it coming MOVE!!! the venue is big enough for you to move a few feet. once the circle is opened up there should never be anyone getting hurt that does not want to be involved. To take away moshing from metal and is like taking a baby away from a mother. so all you old school metal fans bang your head, and all of us diehard metal fans will mosh it up. metal update, everyone should pick up the new "death angel" album coming out soon. who said metal is dead? also everyone that can should come up to the new england metal and hardcore festival, see some real metal fans, some real moshing.....and the best thing is ICED EARTH is headlining the gig.

What?

Alright now this thread has been so entertaining and made me laugh a bit, but come on people. this we know:some want to mosh, others despise it, some just don't give a flying f**k but most of all MOSHING IS NOT ALLOWED. so lets not get offended and drop the subject. we are now 4 pages away from the very begining comment but i repeat come on people.

LOCALX said:

I can only :lol: --> LOOK OUT! He's from Albany!

YOU CANT STOP MOSHING AT A METAL SHOW PERIOD. PEOPLE GETTING KICKED OUT OR NOT, ITS GOING TO HAPPEN. ITS GOING TO MAKE GLEN LOOK WORSE TRING TO STOP IT, BECAUSE PEOPLE THAT GET INVOLVED THAT ARE NOT MOSHING BUT STARTING FIGHTS WITH THE PEOPLE WHO ARE WILL ALSO GET KICKED OUT. THIS MIGHT GET PRETTY UGLY.........MIGHT AS WELL GET BRITNEY SPEARS TO PERFORM. THEN YOU WILL NOT GET ANY MOSHING. DAMN IT WAS MORE VIOLENT BACK IN THE 80'S WHEN THIS SHIT WAS ON TOP OF ITS GAME. I BET YOU ALL HAVE MANY GREAT MEMORIES OF THE OLD CLUB DAYS. WELL ITS LESS VIOLENT THESE DAYS, EVEN THOUGH THE MUSIC IS ALOT HEAVIER. THERE WASNT MOSHING BACK THEN, BUT IT WAS CALLED FIGHTING..... NOW ALL THE BAD ENERGY GETS TURNED INTO POSITIVE ENERGY. AND IF YOUR TO IGNORANT TO BELIEVE THAT IT WASNT MORE VIOLENT BACK THEN VISIT DEATHANGEL.COM, READ THE REVIEW..

YEAH THANKS...... WRITE THAT DOWN o_O

Jesus...I've always referred to the populace of this board as the "most enlightened metal fans on the planet," but the fact that this fucking post has flip-flopped on for four pages now has pretty much negated any thoughts of that...

Let's move on and debate something more simple...like abortion?...death penalty?...Santa Claus?...anyone...?

Sheesh!

Moshing back in the mid 80's did not involve hit anyone ... It was basically running around in a circle.

Thsoe of you thinking of violent, that was slam dancing and was pretty exclusive to the hardcore scene. Thrash shows were for moshing, hardcore for slam dancing. Shows in the 80s were actualy far less violent than they are now.

Funny how people try to make up history.

LOCALX said:
YOU CANT STOP MOSHING AT A METAL SHOW PERIOD. PEOPLE GETTING KICKED OUT OR NOT, ITS GOING TO HAPPEN. ITS GOING TO MAKE GLEN LOOK WORSE TRING TO STOP IT, BECAUSE PEOPLE THAT GET INVOLVED THAT ARE NOT MOSHING BUT STARTING FIGHTS WITH THE PEOPLE WHO ARE WILL ALSO GET KICKED OUT. THIS MIGHT GET PRETTY UGLY.........MIGHT AS WELL GET BRITNEY SPEARS TO PERFORM. THEN YOU WILL NOT GET ANY MOSHING. DAMN IT WAS MORE VIOLENT BACK IN THE 80'S WHEN THIS SHIT WAS ON TOP OF ITS GAME. I BET YOU ALL HAVE MANY GREAT MEMORIES OF THE OLD CLUB DAYS. WELL ITS LESS VIOLENT THESE DAYS, EVEN THOUGH THE MUSIC IS ALOT HEAVIER. THERE WASNT MOSHING BACK THEN, BUT IT WAS CALLED FIGHTING..... NOW ALL THE BAD ENERGY GETS TURNED INTO POSITIVE ENERGY. AND IF YOUR TO IGNORANT TO BELIEVE THAT IT WASNT MORE VIOLENT BACK THEN VISIT DEATHANGEL.COM, READ THE REVIEW..

YEAH THANKS...... WRITE THAT DOWN o_O
Dude, get a fuckin life and a clue!

Status
Not open for further replies.