Mosh Pit's at Progpower?

Status
Not open for further replies.
RUNNING AROUND IN CIRCLES, LETS SEE....... 20 PEOPLE RUNNING AROUND IN A CIRCLE AND NO CONTACT? GIVE ME A BREAK, THINK ABOUT THAT ONE. SOUNDS LIKE MORE HAPPENED THAN BANGING YOU HEAD..... AND NIGHTWISH IF YOU HAD ANY FUCKING CLUE ABOUT ANYTHING THAN YOU WOULDNT OPEN YOUR MOUTH WITHOUT TRING TO MAKE SOME KIND OF POINT BESIDES JUST SIMPLY DISAGREEING WITH ME. I BACK UP EVERYTHING I SAY.

"THIS IS LIKE SPEAKING TO A MONKEY" :loco:

:lol: at LOCALX...

He's the kind of guy I mentioned earlier, the kind that tends to give all moshers a bad name. The people who said moshing doesn't belong at prog shows are probably right, but you have to admit, there is some pretty moshable power metal around.

One thing I learned after Children of Bodom/Iced Earth on the 21st is that a pro of having a mosh pit is that you can pretty much use it as a portal to anywhere on the floor if you can brave crossing through everybody. :)

I see why some people are afraid of moshing though. Turns out I have a broken rib from the show...I'm not angry about it, since I could have easily done it somebody accidentally as well...gotta accept some risk, I guess.

Anyway, I can't wait till Progpower!!! :headbang:

LOCALX said:
RUNNING AROUND IN CIRCLES, LETS SEE....... 20 PEOPLE RUNNING AROUND IN A CIRCLE AND NO CONTACT? GIVE ME A BREAK, THINK ABOUT THAT ONE. SOUNDS LIKE MORE HAPPENED THAN BANGING YOU HEAD..... AND NIGHTWISH IF YOU HAD ANY FUCKING CLUE ABOUT ANYTHING THAN YOU WOULDNT OPEN YOUR MOUTH WITHOUT TRING TO MAKE SOME KIND OF POINT BESIDES JUST SIMPLY DISAGREEING WITH ME. I BACK UP EVERYTHING I SAY.

"THIS IS LIKE SPEAKING TO A MONKEY" :loco:
Moron alert, look out.

lol yea!! IT was damn fun at Rage. It is true that I HATE mosh pits but last yr it was fine because first of all it was between people I knew and it really wasnt violent and I don think we were knocking ppl over. The only reason i joined it was cuz i know i wouldnt get killed lol. But I do respect that rule and I will not do it again. I headbang 99% of time..hell u can see my hair forl ike 15 sec in the C II C video lol \m/ I cant wait till Savatage!

When I go to metal shows I bring my camera and a lot of film. I like to get as close to the front as I can so I can get some awesome pictures. No I don't like to mosh, I'd rather watch the band. I don't despise the people that do and I expect to get bumped into and moved around. I do not let a few bumps or hits ruin my show. However, I can't stand the one or two putzes that use their size to piss people off. The main reason I don't want people moshing at ProgPower is because of the amount of money I'm spending on this trip and also because of that one prick last year. If you guys mosh at every metal show you go to, how hard would it be to not do it at ONE show.

Like I said I don't usually mind it, but this is the one exception and I'm glad Glenn is taking extra steps to prevent it this year. Come on, no one is gonna say that didn't have a kick ass time at ProgPower because they couldn't mosh.

Why can't we *mug* (mosh)? What is wrong with you people? Don't you know you are going to be *in a big city* (at a metal concert). *Mugging* is just something that happens *in big cities*. It is how we get our *money* (enjoyment). So what if it requires us taking away *money* from other people? No body ever gets seriously hurt in *muggings*. Well, often there is one asshole who really fucks people up while *mugging* them, and preys on innocent bystanders, but I look down on him as everyone should. In fact, all true *muggers* would kick his ass for giving them a bad name. Besides, some of us need to *mug* to get out our hostilities. If we didn't *mug* we might do something worse. And what is with you assholes who get your *money* in allowed ways that don't intrude on anyone else? YOU REALLY PISS ME OFF!!! I mean, tru metal fans *mug*, it is the only way we know how to get any *money* *in a big city*, so why do you have a problem with it? I am *7'5"* (5'7") tall and *310* (130)lbs and really tough. I don't understand why it bothers any of you when I go around *mugging* people. It doesn't hurt me, and when it does, heck, I don't complain- after all, *mugging* people is a dangerous way to get *money* and I accept those dangers. In fact, I accept them for all of you.

-*creatively named* (very few actual letters of the alphabet) and well-adjusted, youthful tru metal fan-

I hope I have amused some of you who have found yourself bored in this thread, and for some reason unable to put it down. I hope I have pissed off others of you who have passionately followed this thread, and for some reason don't understand this post.

I don't mind things getting a bit physical, although I would prefer it not to. I am not a very big guy, and I have some pretty small female freinds who get really uncomforable when all the moshing makes the crowd press in hard. Sometimes I end up not being able to focus on the show because I am too busy trying to buffer all that pushing so they aren't hurt/made uncomfortable. And I have gotten pretty pissed off when someone else's fun accidently landed an elbow in the back of my head. You have to realize that when a bunch of people circle around and politely (which it often is) push each other as hard as they can, those people are being pushed somewhere. Often that somewhere ends up being parts of the crowd that would rather not be hit. Consider that, as the one who is always in the pit, you might not be at a vantage to appreciate just how often that sort of thing happens. I mean, occasionally when someone gets shoved into you, they apologize, but it just seems like it would be better not to cause an offense at all. And for those of you who say that people who don't want to be caught in a pit should stay all the way up front or seated, realize there is limited space up front, and that you are the ones requesting special privilege, and therefore shouldn't be the ones that dictate where people go.

Anyway, I am sure all the thoughtful and creative fans of such excellent music can think of some way of connecting with the experience, exerting physical energy, and showing appreciation for the band that doesn't intrude on anyone else's space- you just might have to be a bit more creative.

Nicely put.

I was getting verily squashed last night in the front during Children of Bodom's set, and I was expecting that. (The squashing wasn't quite so bad during Iced Earth, but then again, people weren't moshing.) But we all knew what was happening behind us. There were a few "layers" of people behind us near the stage to cushion us from the moshers...and thank goodness! I hate having to look two directions at once while at a show, toward the stage and behind me to brace for impacts. Somewhere behind us about five "rows," there were CoB fans in that unhappy circumstance.

Even more annoying than moshers, depending on where you are, are the crowd-surfers. There were just a couple during Iced Earth (by that time quite a few people had left after CoB and the crowd "density" wasn't quite as thick), but there had to be at least 10-12 during CoB's set. We learned, or remembered quickly, that when downstage security starts moving toward you along the front barricade, it's time to duck your head and raise your arm for protection from an incoming crowd-surfer. Bleah.

Pellaz said:
Even more annoying than moshers, depending on where you are, are the crowd-surfers. There were just a couple during Iced Earth (by that time quite a few people had left after CoB and the crowd "density" wasn't quite as thick), but there had to be at least 10-12 during CoB's set. We learned, or remembered quickly, that when downstage security starts moving toward you along the front barricade, it's time to duck your head and raise your arm for protection from an incoming crowd-surfer. Bleah.
yeah, i fucking hate crowdsurfers. moshing is random impact that usually can be easily shrugged off, unless you get hit just wrong. I'm fine with that. a crowdsurfer is a guaranteed boot to either the head or the face. fuck that. My roommate, being very large man, drags them down whenever he can. I would also make a practice of this were i a larger person. stay on the floor, bitches.

Ryan

SPIN KICKS, CLUBBER LANGS, WINDMILLS, STOMPS, HAMMER JACKS, MULE KICKS, THE WHOLE ARSONAL IS COMMING OUT. :hotjump:

LocalX, why is this so important to you? People are shelling out some sweet coin on this event who don't want to be cold cocked in the back of the head by some homoerotic-grab-ass-full-body-rub-sweaty-adolescent ritual, but instead enjoy some killer music without anxienty. If the mood hits were you feel you must flail, please do so outside.

Party on Garth!

LOCALX said:
SPIN KICKS, CLUBBER LANGS, WINDMILLS, STOMPS, HAMMER JACKS, MULE KICKS, THE WHOLE ARSONAL IS COMMING OUT. :hotjump:

Thread-Dumb.jpg

The Whisper, I was about to post that graphic ;) you beat me to it.

Glenn, way to go! It's about time someone in charge of a concert sees it that way.

Yes, thank you Glenn! If this were just another $10 show in downtown Nowhereville, I wouldn't care. The fact that I'm putting roughly $700 on the table and traveling nearly 1,000 miles makes me care 150% more. I've been to the last two ProgPower festivals and it was a major bonus that no one was moshing (to any extent that it interfered with me or the majority of the crowd) - it's fantastic to see great live music and not have anxiety and vulnerablity during the sets. I figured it was the high prices and the small availability of the tickets that weeded out the ones who didn't care enough about the show that they miss half of it by slapping and pushing eachother. The "karate moshers" are the worst of all. I enjoy a good whap upside the head and the swift kick in the shins when I'm not looking. Honestly, I think I'd feel better if I just jumped in, beat the hell out of everyone, and enjoyed the rest of the show while they pick themselves up from the floor! :yell::yell::yell:

Well, I feel better now that I've helped beat this thread to death. The man in charge has laid down the law and if anyone is "upset" about it.... try the Jagermeister tour instead. :lol:

Tammy

Se7enChurches said:
a crowdsurfer is a guaranteed boot to either the head or the face.
I got kicked in the head by a crowdsurfer at a Queensrÿche show. My head hurt pretty badly. I was at the show by myself and was more than an hour from home. The ride home was not good. The next day I still didn't feel well. I went to work and was sent home almost immediately, and ended up going to the emergency room to get checked out.

That is NOT my idea of a good time!!!

Leopard - you and me both. A crowd-surfer during Suicidal Tendencies (who was opening for QR at the time) went over the fence and I got a combat boot to the back of the head. *chirpchirpchirp*'

Status
Not open for further replies.