Musicians wanted

legalman20

Oct 30, 2002
orlando, FL
Visit site
Can anybody direct me to a website where I can look for bandmates to form a melodic metal band.. I live in Orlando, FL

Thanks...

P.S..I have only attended 1 progpower festival which was progpower III which for me has been the only worthwhile going.

legalman20 said:
Glenn,

I expected that reply...a question though should we expect in the near future a lineup like Progpower III???

I do not anticipate ever being able to put together a roster like that again. You have to understand that there was no outlet for traditional prog/power in the States at all prior to that year. The bands were hungry to come over because they did not have any other options and had never been. Now, any band can book a tour here in the States at any given moment. There are multiple festivals as well.

Furthermore, I got the "discount" from the big names because they wanted the chance to play for the fans here as a "thank you." To book that exact same roster again would cost me over twice as much as I paid back then.

Sorry that Nightwish, Stratovarius, Savatage, and the rest haven't been enough to get you back up here. However, I wish you the best in finding a an alternative for your needs.

Glenn H.

I, for one, if i had not been traveling outside of the USA would have been at every ProgPower from 3 on(didn't even know about PPI & II), but i will be there for VII and everyone there after. I am just hoping that NIGHTWISH will start their next USA tour at PPVIII. That would be the best. What are the chances Glenn of them playing next year??? That is if you would like to have them back.

Geez, what about PPIV? That was an amazing line up too.... Evergrey, Symphx Nighwish, Pagans Mind, Redemption, Circle II Circle. what more would you absolutely have to have to question coming to that? Stratovarius, Angra, Therion, Conception, PC69 and Orphaned Land at PPVI??? I have yet to be blessed with those bands combined in one fest in the USA!!

Empress said:
What I would do to see Nightwish live... :(
I sure hope you get your wish next year. I've been predicting them for PPVIII for over a year now. Hopefully, for ONCE, I'm not wrong and we all get lucky.:oops:

legalman20 said:
Can anybody direct me to a website where I can look for bandmates to form a melodic metal band.. I live in Orlando, FL

Thanks...

P.S..I have only attended 1 progpower festival which was progpower III which for me has been the only worthwhile going.

Why are you so fucking annoying? All you do when you post is bitch about something. Jesus fucking Christ, give us a break!

Yeah, that P.S. thing is an odd thing to throw in there unless your only intent is to be a troll. Just leave it to the first line and you would have probably gotten some answers.

I for one want to see them again also, the time i saw them in Scottsdale Az was the most amazing show i have seen, and getting to meet all the members earlier in the day, and hanging out with them, and then being backstage with them was awesome. A little bird said that they WERE going to do a full US tour in 2007. Stay tuned for more details.

Tuomas Holopainen of Nightwish was interviewed on YleX radio in Finland today. He said he thinks that after the band had to cancel the planned North American tour last year, there was left a "big hole" in the American market for their music.

He also thought that it might be a good idea to make the first tour with the new singer in the USA, because it would give them a chance to drive her in with the band by playing at small venues and in front of crowds that are not too familiar with Nightwish before taking her face to face with the hardcore European and South American fans in big arenas and festivals.

While listening to Holopainen, I got the impression that he was really considering that as a serious alternative, even he said that they have no idea about the new singer yet, and he would be happy to find her by the end if this year. There is no lack of applicants: They have received over 700 demos from all over the world already, and still 15-20 keep arriving every day.

Anyway, he has got 15 new songs made on demo, and they will start recording them on September 15th even if they haven't decided about the singer by the time. She will be needed only next January or February to do her parts on the new album.